BAYLISS OUT

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Reg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Looking like Bayliss will still be in charge tomorrow night.

If the Board thought he had a case to answer, he would surely have been suspended.

Squeaky clean??

The club is now rotten to the core and in my opinion, some very dubious decisions are being made by people only out to protect their own interests.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

User avatar
Phizzer
Senior Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Phizzer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 am

Isn't there some geezer from radio Cumbria comes on here, to tell us what's what radiowise from time to time?
What's that bugger got to say over this farrago? Or has he gone deaf all of a sudden?
Eh? Speak up man.

audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by audigex » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 am

Swearing on the radio isn't illegal, just frowned upon - and OfCom might give the station a ticking off if it raises a lot of complaints. It's allowed within pre-recorded broadcast if it's "Editorially justified", and is expected to some extent within live broadcast.

You tend to find that radio stations try to avoid it as far as possible, and a presenter who swears tends to rapidly apologise and would normally expect to be severely reprimanded or sacked if it happened regularly: but if it pops up in an interview then the radio station is unlikely to run into trouble.

It's like on TV - pre-recorded shows will deliberately exclude it before the watershed, expected to crop up occasionally in live broadcasts and frowned upon/rapidly apologised for... but unless it was deliberate or overly offensive (or, for example, racist rather than just profanity) then it's normally quickly forgotten about.

That's not to say the radio station wouldn't be very annoyed about it, that listeners wouldn't be offended/upset that their kids heard it, and that the organisation the interviewee represents has no reason to consider it to be unacceptable behaviour.
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7486
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Looks like 'Crackers' will ride this one out and expect a grovelling apology on RC tonight. But can he survive when he has lost the dressing room and the supporters? Should be an interesting night.

Got a good poem on ice - probably one of my best.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
tommy2thumbs
Gold Member
Posts: 2479
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by tommy2thumbs » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Wintergreen wrote: Got a good poem on ice - probably one of my best.
A poem on ice - that'll be cool...
La lucha continua...

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Usual, 'Bayliss: I won't quit' headline on back of tonight's mail, 'if they want to sack me, all they have to do is ring and I'm sacked'.

Now there's an opportunity to boot him out.


:sentoff: :sentoff: :sentoff:
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by John Very Little » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:36 pm

One of the first things that should have been done is for the club or Bayliss to publically apologise for the language that was used on the radio but they still haven't even done that.
As Reg says if an investigation is ongoing Bayliss should be suspended from attending tonights game pending the outcome of the investigation. It really wouldn't surprise me if the board aren't trying to get statements to try and back Bayliss so they don't have to sack him which is completely wrong and shows everything that is wrong with the club.
Bayliss view in the Mail will not help his position and only enrage many fans even more.

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by DaveP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:41 pm

He might just stand on the half way line and invite anyone who wants to challenge him to fight there and then.

:fight:

Might be a bit more entertaining than the match ;)

mally
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by mally » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Just wondered, do you lot that are doing the protest tonight have a leader !, you know, someone that'll take it on the chin if anything gets out of hand.

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Reg » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:25 pm

I don't know of any organised protest.

I won't be getting involved in any protest.

Your question however, is lol.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by audigex » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Taking what on the chin? Bayliss' right hook?

Tonight's match:
Image
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by K-Man » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:46 pm

The whole thing really saddens me. I really liked Bayliss for all he's done, this has been the most successfully period for the club in non league and we owe a lot to Daz and Dave. I know he wants the best for the club. But each week I'm loosing more respect for him and i'm starting to resent him. I don't want this he is a Barrow legend in my eyes. But the longer this farce is going on as well as the performances like we've seen he'll be undoing all the good work he's done and I don't want that.

He says he loves the club. Sometimes when you love something/ someone it's best to let them free

Xx

Arvo
Gold Member
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Arvo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:51 pm

KHayman wrote:The whole thing really saddens me. I really liked Bayliss for all he's done, this has been the most successfully period for the club in non league and we owe a lot to Daz and Dave. I know he wants the best for the club. But each week I'm loosing more respect for him and i'm starting to resent him. I don't want this he is a Barrow legend in my eyes. But the longer this farce is going on as well as the performances like we've seen he'll be undoing all the good work he's done and I don't want that.

He says he loves the club. Sometimes when you love something/ someone it's best to let them free

Xx
^ OTM. All that's missing is the gratuitous link to Sting on YouTube. Here, let me correct that... ;)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGl3d4KOMk][/youtube]
No bubblewrap unpopped.

optomisticsupporter
Senior Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by optomisticsupporter » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Just seen the Mails headlines "Bayliss wont Quit" he's like a passenger on the Costa Concordia hanging from his balcony cabin as the ship sinks shouting "I'm not getting off till I've had my supper, as he floors the rescuers. :lol:

phil
Silver Member
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: Sunny Barrow
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by phil » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Reg wrote:I don't know of any organised protest.

I won't be getting involved in any protest.

Your question however, is lol.

My protest is to stay away for various reasons, I don't give a flying fig what anyone on here says, until things change I'm staying away.

The club needs to read this too, I have gone to nearly all the home games every season for over 30 years, noboby can accuse me of not sticking with the team or club after some of the shite I've seen etc.

I know I'm not the only one completely disillusioned with certain things, if I can stay away and others like me then the club really should sit up and take note of things for once. Will they? My arse.
Education should be public not private, it should be open, accountable and answerable to all the community, pupils and parents.

http://wheeliekleenpowerwashing.webs.com/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests