Page 6 of 11
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:54 am
by The Real Slim Azza
Moribund wrote:tictactoe wrote:Moribund you seem very defensive of the club over this - are you not fed up that this happens season after season? Genuine question for you and anyone else and not wishing to start an argument over it, but every year is the same and it's embarrassing
Hardly defensive, just realistic. Stuff like this doesn't matter at all. If it got to half way through pre-season and we were still playing in an old kit with "Goodfellow" on the back, then yeah, it looks silly, but as we're still in line with most clubs I don't see why people are making an issue out of things.
It got to the point where going to a Barrow game was depressing and dire. Last season was amazing and mostly enjoyable again. Just seems some people miss the misery.
The club missing out on money matters.
The club letting the fans down every year matters.
If like some fans at the moment you think it doesnt matter because we have a millionairre owner and we can spend what we want then thats not good at all.
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:03 am
by Roadrunner
tictactoe wrote:I hope they aren't the real prices either - too expensive imo
The new shirts are very "corporate"
I agree they are a bit pricey, I can handle that! but they are too far away from a traditional BAFC shirt.
I'll stick to wearing my old shirts on match day
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:53 pm
by blue nige
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:Moribund wrote:
Hardly defensive, just realistic. Stuff like this doesn't matter at all. If it got to half way through pre-season and we were still playing in an old kit with "Goodfellow" on the back, then yeah, it looks silly, but as we're still in line with most clubs I don't see why people are making an issue out of things.
Good
It got to the point where going to a Barrow game was depressing and dire. Last season was amazing and mostly enjoyable again. Just seems some people miss the misery.
The club missing out on money matters.
The club letting the fans down every year matters.
If like some fans at the moment you think it doesnt matter because we have a millionairre owner and we can spend what we want then thats not good at all.
Good points a former member of this forum hope you are going to take up "uncle peter's"offer "!:-)
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:22 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
If petes got the time then so have I
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:43 pm
by Kieran
Roadrunner wrote:tictactoe wrote:I hope they aren't the real prices either - too expensive imo
The new shirts are very "corporate"
What does very "corporate" mean?
I'm not sure we actually have a traditional design, we've had various very different designs over the last 20 odd years.
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:21 pm
by barrowaberdeen
There's nowt wrong with the kit except maybe the badge!
I think they are planning on using one of the home games as some commercial event. Me, I'd have loved to have seen a staff at Holker flogging STs, shirts etc. It's the lack of creating a buzz over the summer gets to me- there's always this vacuum which we then fill with complaint and negativity, the office/shop etc close ranks, nowt gets done, the season starts, the season ends, lack of buzz in the summer...
The other stuff is dreadful.
a former member of this forum, some of what you say is right, do summat about it by complaining properly face to face rather than ranting on here pal please. Who knows, they might listen
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:41 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Herbs,
I have emailed but the responce wasnt really that great and the replies I gave to that wernt answered.
If I want to rant on here then I shall rant on here.
The shirt is [SwearFilter] terrible. Player layer is a very bad choice for the kit next season and I pray its only for one season.
Its a poor mans kits and doesnt look like a winners shirt.
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:07 pm
by jonnytranter
100% agree with what a former member of this forum and others have said - commercially we are weak and make the same basic mistakes every year in regards to kits, hospitality and communication over the summer. I enquired about holding a 'stag do' on a sat at a game - half time pens etc - and was told to email the club. I did and nobody got back to me. We are making some GREAT progress on the pitch and with the players now being full time professionals, I would like to see this mirrored on the business side of things. £40 for a shirt is pretty standard nowadays - some basketball vests are £60! Cannot wait for the upcoming season! All bluebirds are blue

Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:09 pm
by Steeley
Are the shirts in the club shop?
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:22 pm
by boyliegladbach
Steeley wrote:Are the shirts in the club shop?
Is the shop open?
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:55 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
boyliegladbach wrote:Steeley wrote:Are the shirts in the club shop?
Is the shop open?
Do we have a shop?
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:35 pm
by barrowaberdeen
Rant away bud, it's a free country and I quite enjoy em.
It's the futility of the yearly cycle that gets on my nerves

Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:10 pm
by Moribund
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:Moribund wrote:
Hardly defensive, just realistic. Stuff like this doesn't matter at all. If it got to half way through pre-season and we were still playing in an old kit with "Goodfellow" on the back, then yeah, it looks silly, but as we're still in line with most clubs I don't see why people are making an issue out of things.
It got to the point where going to a Barrow game was depressing and dire. Last season was amazing and mostly enjoyable again. Just seems some people miss the misery.
The club missing out on money matters.
The club letting the fans down every year matters.
If like some fans at the moment you think it doesnt matter because we have a millionairre owner and we can spend what we want then thats not good at all.
Of course that matters, but as I said, I don't believe that to be the case. Missing out on money? So you think that people who would've bought a shirt in June won't buy one in July?
Club letting down fans every year? Different regime, first year, and let down how? Not having a few tracksuits or polo shirts to take away on summer hols? Letting fans down is sticking the ticket prices up loads or moving the club 75 miles away. It just all needs to be kept in perspective.
On the subject of the new shirt, some people never wanted to like Player Layer from the day they heard about it, so they don't now. I think the shirt looks okay, but unless you want it as some kind of fashion statement, why does it matter what it looks like, other than having the badge and some white/blue bits?
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:03 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Moribund wrote:The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
The club missing out on money matters.
The club letting the fans down every year matters.
If like some fans at the moment you think it doesnt matter because we have a millionairre owner and we can spend what we want then thats not good at all.
Of course that matters, but as I said, I don't believe that to be the case. Missing out on money? So you think that people who would've bought a shirt in June won't buy one in July?
Club letting down fans every year? Different regime, first year, and let down how? Not having a few tracksuits or polo shirts to take away on summer hols? Letting fans down is sticking the ticket prices up loads or moving the club 75 miles away. It just all needs to be kept in perspective.
On the subject of the new shirt, some people never wanted to like Player Layer from the day they heard about it, so they don't now. I think the shirt looks okay, but unless you want it as some kind of fashion statement, why does it matter what it looks like, other than having the badge and some white/blue bits?
Your posts are all over the [SwearFilter] place!
You the above doesnt matter originally.
Then that turned into " of course it matters"
Which later in the same sentence reverted back to " i dont believe that to be the case"
The shirts very important. Its representing Barrow. Its got the clubs ( stick on) crest on it.
I remember Mr Casson saying how important the kit was to him and that he wanted to see children in the town walking the streets wearing it with pride.
Then he just didnt do any research on the matter and chose player layer because " they offer a service much like amazon" and they wanted the business the most. Completely didnt consider how poor the product is.
I hope and pray we get a decent kit next year.
Everyone who doesnt support Barrow ive shown it to now have another reason to laugh at us.
Player layer. [SwearFilter] sake !
Re: Commercial side
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:12 pm
by blue nige
We could first sell the shirts one night at the crossbar while also introducing the new players they could do a light hearted question and answer session, then afterwards mingle and get to feel more at home!
Everyone's a winner fans get new shirts and club also get revenue from the bar takings!
Just a thought
