Alfreton v BARROW thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
User avatar
Bobaleski
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm
Location: Ossick
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Bobaleski » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Solihull Moors 1st game of next season cant wait :scarf:
Barrovian Bedlam 8-5-10

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by John Very Little » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Why are the players so un-interested they no longer seem to care?
I think there must be something else behind this - how much do we owe the players in unpaid wages?

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by John_Bucks » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Strange_one wrote:Holker bird, Elaine.... I look forward to you defending the shite we have had to endure tonight? No heart, no passion and worst performance in 3 years. Think it's time for your mate to go. Crud
That's out of line. She's probably gone there tonight and endured what is a beaten team giving up. We know where the fault lies and we all have our ways of dealing with it but calling someone out to say 'I told you so' is childish.
Life is always better when it's better

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by thegaffer77 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Disgraceful.

Not even tested their keeper this half.

Looking forward to Dave sending Ash to speak to RC.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

User avatar
ruins
Platinum Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by ruins » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Bobaleski wrote:Solihull Moors 1st game of next season cant wait :scarf:
hell yeah! Great times
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5376
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Matty » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:35 pm

John_Bucks wrote:
Strange_one wrote:Holker bird, Elaine.... I look forward to you defending the shite we have had to endure tonight? No heart, no passion and worst performance in 3 years. Think it's time for your mate to go. Crud
That's out of line. She's probably gone there tonight and endured what is a beaten team giving up. We know where the fault lies and we all have our ways of dealing with it but calling someone out to say 'I told you so' is childish.
+1
Popular side since '03.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11134
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Jonty » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm

This will be enough for Bayliss. If he does get a a chance for the Macc job- he'll take it. He needs to move on to new challenges and we need new energy and fresh ideas.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Gazza
Veteran Member
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 am
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Gazza » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Don't get me wrong Bayliss is the boss and should be able to motivate them but apart from one or two of them, the players need to look at themselves and ask why there have been so many heartless and cowardly performances this season. As a supporter for over 35 years I as many others have seen some good and bad teams but never have I seen a team with less passion than this lot. LACK of ability I can to some extent accept. LACK of effort from players wearing a Barrow shirt I will not accept. Get rid of everyone except Hurst, Skelton and Boyes (although he's a gonna anyway)

mally
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by mally » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Bobaleski wrote:Solihull Moors 1st game of next season cant wait :scarf:
Yeah,we know all that,let me add that anyone who thinks that we will be back in a few seasons better think again because the state this club must be in we will be lucky to stay in Conference North next season.

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by thegaffer77 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Gazza wrote:Don't get me wrong Bayliss is the boss and should be able to motivate them but apart from one or two of them, the players need to look at themselves and ask why there have been so many heartless and cowardly performances this season. As a supporter for over 35 years I as many others have seen some good and bad teams but never have I seen a team with less passion than this lot. LACK of ability I can to some extent accept. LACK of effort from players wearing a Barrow shirt I will not accept. Get rid of everyone except Hurst, Skelton and Boyes (although he's a gonna anyway)

From what I heard on Saturday night, Skelts could be the new gaffer soon.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by GTBLUE » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm

John Very Little wrote:Why are the players so un-interested they no longer seem to care?
I think there must be something else behind this - how much do we owe the players in unpaid wages?
Read my post Tidds !!!!!!

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Reg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't agree with your theory Graham.

Maybe going down is for the best but I doubt it's been orchestrated to happen.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

mally
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by mally » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

thegaffer77 wrote:
Gazza wrote:Don't get me wrong Bayliss is the boss and should be able to motivate them but apart from one or two of them, the players need to look at themselves and ask why there have been so many heartless and cowardly performances this season. As a supporter for over 35 years I as many others have seen some good and bad teams but never have I seen a team with less passion than this lot. LACK of ability I can to some extent accept. LACK of effort from players wearing a Barrow shirt I will not accept. Get rid of everyone except Hurst, Skelton and Boyes (although he's a gonna anyway)

From what I heard on Saturday night, Skelts could be the new gaffer soon.
I heard on Sunday night that Darren Edmondson is being lined up.

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Kieran » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Shambles, absolutely furious with that shite!

To go there tonight, in a must win game against a team only a few points ahead of us and for that to happen is indefensible.

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by John_Bucks » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 pm

thegaffer77 wrote:From what I heard on Saturday night, Skelts could be the new gaffer soon.
Can he start tomorrow?
Life is always better when it's better

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spirit of 1990 and 39 guests