Page 1 of 2
Winning 5-0
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:19 pm
by andyg
In all my years of supporting Barrow I have never been actually there when we've won 5-0 at home so stats people when was :-
a)Last time we've won any match at home 5-0
b) When was the last time we won 5-0 at home when we were a league team? - alas showing my age here. I know we beat soemone 5-0 in out 67-68 promotion season - was that the last time as a football league team we won?
ps don't go to that many games as live away from Barrow
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:24 pm
by xerxes
andyg wrote:I know we beat soemone 5-0 in out 67-68 promotion season - was that the last time as a football league team we won?
We beat Exeter 5-0 in 1966-67 promotion season (not 67-68). All the goals came in the second half.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:00 pm
by andyg
Meant to say 66-67. I think we had drawn something like our first four home games (we were winning quite a lot of away games) then lost on the saturday ay home 0-1 but came back to beat Exeter as you said 5-0 - think it was a midweek game. My grandad used to send me match reports of the games - happy days
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:21 pm
by K_BFC
We thumped our next opponents Colwyn Bay 5-0 (29 Sept 2007) in the 2007-2008 FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round under Phil Wilson on our way to play AFC Bournemouth. Attendance 772 I believe, don't really remember it but a quick net search turned it up.
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 pm
by Adam29
Didnt we stick 6/7 into hucknall 2 years on the bounce under kenny lowe?
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:41 pm
by Arvo
andyg wrote:Meant to say 66-67. I think we had drawn something like our first four home games (we were winning quite a lot of away games) then lost on the saturday ay home 0-1 but came back to beat Exeter as you said 5-0 - think it was a midweek game. My grandad used to send me match reports of the games - happy days
I remember that Exeter game. Well, when I say 'remember', I do know that I was there in the stand with my Grandad. All I can actually recall is that all the forward line scored one except for Alex Alston. Can't remember which of the half-backs or full-backs got the other goal though (whippersnappers can look up the terms 'half-back' and 'full-back'). Pretty sure it was a regular Saturday match.
Was also at that Hucknall game when we won 6-0. First game of the season. It was the match when Wayne Bullimore got crocked by a vicious tackle, so would have been around the turn of the millennium?
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:52 pm
by Si_Nichols
Think the last 5-0 win might have been v Kettering in the Conference near the end of 2010-11 season. Weirdly I think we lost the following Saturday at Newport by the same scoreline.
We also won 5-0 away at Redditch in April in our promotion charge from the Conference North in 2008.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:01 am
by K_BFC
Yes I think 5-0 home win over Kettering in 2010-2011 might have been out last 5-0 home win.
Anorak moment...
Si_Nichols wrote:Weirdly I think we lost the following Saturday at Newport by the same scoreline.
There were ten 5-0 home wins that season and Barrow were involved in three of them.
Rushden & Diamonds 5-0 Barrow
Barrow 5-0 Kettering
Newport 5-0 Barrow
Si_Nichols wrote:We also won 5-0 away at Redditch in April in our promotion charge from the Conference North in 2008.
Possibly our last 5-0 win home or away.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 am
by 32mile_cul-de-sac
we beat wukkie a bit back 6-0 round 2006.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:57 am
by Jonty
Any stattos know when was the last time we won our first seven home games in a row? Scoring 20 goals and only conceding 3. that is some achievement.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 am
by pjdaly
Yes, Xerxes and Arvo, I also remember that 5-0 win against Exeter in 1966-67, with all the goals coming in the second half at the Holker Street end. The moment that I recall above all others was when George Smith scored his goal and ended up face down on a mudheap of a pitch, only to scramble up from the bog virtually covered in mud from top to toe, leaving only the whites of his eyes, the gleam of his teeth and his blonde thatch showing as he raised both arms to salute the Holker Street end; truly the Thing that rose from the Deep - - - but so as not to scare us too much this particular monster called George was smiling.
Also in 1967-68, Dave Storf got a hat-trick as we beat Colchester 5-0; that was Storf's golden season when he cracked something like 16 or 17 league goals from the left wing.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:02 pm
by JimmyCrabstick
I think we beat Knowsley Utd 7-0 in the mid to late 90s. Owen Brown era?
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:33 pm
by Kieran
JimmyCrabstick wrote:I think we beat Knowsley Utd 7-0 in the mid to late 90s. Owen Brown era?
Tony Hesketh era, it was the first game of the season in Vaughan's first full season at the club and everyone thought after that we'd walk the league (think we finished about 4th?). Hesketh ended up getting replaced by Mike Walsh later that season, and Walsh was replaced by Owen Brown part-way through the following season.
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:18 pm
by Klaus Moogintaal
Tesco 7 Netto 0
Re: Winning 5-0
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 pm
by Matty
IIRC all goals came in the second half against Kettering with Rutherford netting a hat-trick.