Page 1 of 9

Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:40 pm
by Jim
Barrow AFC: Joel Dixon, George Williams, Simon Grand, Danny Livesey, Neil Ashton, Benjamin van den Broek, Paddy Lacey, David Mellor, Andy Haworth, Jason Walker, Andy Cook.

Substitutes: Sam Cosgrove, Ashley Grimes, Mo Fofana, Niall Cowperthwaite, Elliot Newby.

Where's the other Williams? And before anyone asks, I guess that Van den Broek in the starting line up means someone thinks there is a good player there somewhere and wants to give him the chance to get match fit.

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:43 pm
by finbar17
Can anyone help me out with how to listen to the game i'm in blackpool? Cheers.

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:45 pm
by Jim
finbar17 wrote:Can anyone help me out with how to listen to the game i'm in blackpool? Cheers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_cumbria

Although it seems to be England rugby at the moment :(

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:46 pm
by A.B.
Steve Williams is injured, Jim. I think it's a groin injury.

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:47 pm
by Jim
A.B. wrote:Steve Williams is injured, Jim. I think it's a groin injury.
Ah yes, I remember - training too hard!!

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:48 pm
by mickmike wilson
Hope this BvdB produces something today. Heard the CB picked up a niggle in training :( Otherwise IMO he be starting today, Pride, Effort & Endeavor is all ask, put in a bit of decent flowing footy & that would be a bonus.

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 pm
by finbar17
This won't work I only have a phone and digital radio? I'm clueless to this kind of thing too. ?

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:56 pm
by Jim
finbar17 wrote:This won't work I only have a phone and digital radio? I'm clueless to this kind of thing too. ?
If you can get onto this forum I guess you have internet access, but if you don't have the signal strength watch this forum and we will keep you updated :scarf:

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:00 pm
by SKIPPER
No sub goalkeeper. Guess what will happen ?

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm
by mickmike wilson
Pen to Barrow, Walker scores :) 1st min :)

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm
by prague bluebird
1 - 0 Walker

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:04 pm
by mickmike wilson
finbar17 wrote:This won't work I only have a phone and digital radio? I'm clueless to this kind of thing too. ?
I'm on a phone & the RU has gone off & our game is on now fella, winning 1-0 :). EDIT, Playing very well, Cookie & Walker working their socks off, Livsey puts Jase through but got fouled as he did so & the Ref brought play back fir a FK to us Grrrr, long throw flick on & BvdB smashes it into the outside of the post, Hope we can keep this up :)

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:21 pm
by prague bluebird
Does it take Casson to be there for Barrow to play well.

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:24 pm
by Nigel Bamford
prague bluebird wrote:Does it take Casson to be there for Barrow to play well.
Or Paul Murray to be absent?

Re: Barrow v Eastleigh match thread

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:42 pm
by mickmike wilson
We're pressing from the front and causing them all sorts of problems, why didn't we play like this earlier in the season? LB Ashton having a nightmare today & we don't have specialist cover for a HT swap do we? Would Cowps do?