Page 1 of 3
Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:02 pm
by leechy38
Please please Paul casson can u get rid off the manager
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 pm
by mickycarrol
Never going to happen I'm afraid PC has already said he's going nowhere and to me has shown a lack of ambition this season. This "we're already ahead of schedule in our 5 year plan" seems to be Edmo's get out of jail free card, facts are he won a CN league by the skin of his teeth and made it a lot harder than it should have been.
His signings this season have been nothing short of a disgrace Mellor, Fofana, VDB and Grimes are absolute garbage and have not improved our squad one bit. Credit to him for Ashton and Dixon they do look good signings but I'm afraid his poor signings far out weigh the good. It is sooooooo obvious I'm sick of saying it the squad has been SCREAMING out for a top notch centre mid who can dictate games, our squad in general is very very poor, it's cracks are papered over by the fact this is the poorest National league I can remember, the standard is poor and frustratingly the lack of ambition from PC has made our chances of doing well slim at best. This league was there to be had this season, ok we wouldn't have won it but a few top notch signings and I think the play offs were there to be got at.
Edmo's tactics leave little to be desired constantly setting up not to get beat instead of getting at teams, I've stopped mid sentence I can't be arsed anymore I'm so [SwearFilter] off. Season over already [SwearFilter] great. 900 next home game I reckon.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:32 pm
by Kieran
I don't think we can accuse PC of having a lack of ambition, thats an awful shout. He's backed Edmo this season, its just that either Edmo hasn't brought the right players in or isn't capable of getting the best from them (I'm not sure which yet).
PC has bought the club, given the manager enough to win a league in his first season and injected enough resource to have it sitting comfortably in the league above (we may be underachieving now but thats not his fault). I don't think much more can be expected of him in terms of what he's made available to the management team, there certainly hasn't been a lack of ambition if you ask me.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:38 pm
by mickycarrol
Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:44 pm
by Lancaster Branch
mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:44 pm
by Matty
mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
I'm not sticking up for him here as I've said my piece on other threads but we would always be under the cosh when trying to bring in players like that when we're up against Grimsby, Tranmere etc.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:45 pm
by mickycarrol
Lancaster Branch wrote:mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
According to who? You can force players to join you, you offer more money, simple.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:47 pm
by Lancaster Branch
More money than Grimsby who get much higher crowds than us? And have a chairman who stumps up on top of that? Ok.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:55 pm
by Kieran
mickycarrol wrote:Lancaster Branch wrote:
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
According to who? You can force players to join you, you offer more money, simple.
According to Alex Meechan when I asked him, but with the other clubs interested it was never likely we were going to get him.
I know you were referring to pre-season but thats my point. I think PC backed Edmo as well as could've been expected, its whether Edmo used what he was given most effectively that is in question.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:09 pm
by Pedro
I think he lacks football connections hence all the ex Carlisle players.
He struggled to recruit and hence all the odd collection of players ( I use that loosly).
Today has cost the club money and I do not think PC is a Philanthropist
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:32 pm
by GTBLUE
Casson has said' "No matter what happens this season, the manager will still be manager in May " We could lose every game from now on and he would still be managef. So you can all forget about him being sacked. With a total one eyed attitude like that I for one will not be getting too excited anytime soon.
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 pm
by Chris Benoit
I won't be stressing too much to get out of work to attend games if Edmo is still manager
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:04 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Lancaster Branch wrote:mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
Yes you can!
You offer them more money than the other teams like we did with Wilson!
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:06 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Lancaster Branch wrote:More money than Grimsby who get much higher crowds than us? And have a chairman who stumps up on top of that? Ok.
Dont sign Grimes or VDB and Id imagine the money saved would pay for most of Bogles wage
Re: Paul Casson
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 pm
by bobbie moore
Ah but who would supply Bogle with the ball ? We haven't anyone in present team who can pass a ball to another player
