Page 1 of 5

The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 am
by jaycarter
Who are the commentators in Barrow matches, the main one is O.K.ish but the second guy is absolutely awful he spends the whole game saying how bad Barrow are and what they should do if he was playing, completely runs all the players down right from the kick off he is an absolute disgrace picks on individuals and saying they should have done this or that, he's not there to do that but to comment on periods of play, please can we get somebody decent in to do the job correctly, spoilt the whole game for me anyway. :sentoff: :@

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:40 am
by Leo
Much like you don't care for Goodwins opinion, nobody cares for yours. Goodbye

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:26 am
by HenneysKnee
jaycarter wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 am please can we get somebody decent in to do the job correctly
Think your looking for the Radio Cumbria forum. It’s nothing to do with Barrow who they use as match summariser

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:37 am
by Tomo
So leo says goodbye ! Well this is a forum is there for people to have and express opinions , so if you can't handle that then GOODBYE to you .

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:49 am
by liverpoolann
Just shows how much opinions vary..I think Goodwin says it as I see it.when the players play crap he says so and states in his opinion why and offers preferred option which most times I agree with.When and there have not been too many times this season any good move or decisive pass is seen he comments on it.Also quite rightly comments on how “clever” Quigley is for example acknowledging what a good awkward to play striker he is but mentions what I have seen often how he grabs someone tight to him and rolls them and throws himself at ground too much.As for Kay no one can deny he one of our best players but let’s himself down with indiscipline which is plain to see and is commented on.I support the team totally but am not blind to the many faults we have.He praises and damns equally.Its called constructive criticism.If it irritates you turn volume off .

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 am
by Stu1
They irritate me too, far too much telling us what we can see but I think ifollow commentary is for radio too. I listen in silence 🤔

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:00 am
by AugustusCorpa
liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:49 am Just shows how much opinions vary..I think Goodwin says it as I see it.when the players play crap he says so and states in his opinion why and offers preferred option which most times I agree with.When and there have not been too many times this season any good move or decisive pass is seen he comments on it.Also quite rightly comments on how “clever” Quigley is for example acknowledging what a good awkward to play striker he is but mentions what I have seen often how he grabs someone tight to him and rolls them and throws himself at ground too much.As for Kay no one can deny he one of our best players but let’s himself down with indiscipline which is plain to see and is commented on.I support the team totally but am not blind to the many faults we have.He praises and damns equally.Its called constructive criticism.If it irritates you turn volume off .
+1
Says it as he sees it. Good & bad.
Good commentary from Adam and John IMHO.

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:13 am
by mall
Adam is the best we have ever had since games first started being broadcast-though I did like that guy who commentated on us for the 2010 trophy final?. He didn't seem to be around for long though.

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 am
by Adam29
mall wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:13 am Adam is the best we have ever had since games first started being broadcast-though I did like that guy who commentated on us for the 2010 trophy final?. He didn't seem to be around for long though.
Matt Newsum is now 5LIVE sports senior Rugby League commentator

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 am
by Philipino doctor 61
John goodwin , is very honest and correct in all his comments on radio Cumbria .
He has played football at a high level and also managed some very good teams .
John and Adam are very good together and very amusing , if you listen to some of the away commentators they are totally biased to the home team
Long may Adam and John continue, I for one listen all over the world with my occupation and will continue to do so .
Keep up the great work john and Adam

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:17 am
by John_Bucks
Goodwin is marmite (I personally think he’s fine) but Adam is quality. A proper Barrow fan with passion and great delivery who, don’t forget, is commentating for a RADIO audience so will describe the action as it happens. We are lucky to have them, if you don’t like it there is always the away commentators...

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:26 am
by mall
Adam29 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 am
mall wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:13 am Adam is the best we have ever had since games first started being broadcast-though I did like that guy who commentated on us for the 2010 trophy final?. He didn't seem to be around for long though.
Matt Newsum is now 5LIVE sports senior Rugby League commentator
Hell fire,I didn't know that. I always wondered where he disappeared to. Good on him.

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:42 am
by Stephen Leonard
Stu1 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 am They irritate me too, far too much telling us what we can see but I think ifollow commentary is for radio too. I listen in silence 🤔
You do realise that they are Radio Cumbria commentators not Ifollow commentators - ifollow simply use the radio feed . Radio commentators are there to describe the game for people who are not watching (ie radio listeners).

So you can’t really criticise them for doing what they are paid to do

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:43 am
by mickycarrol
Matty Ryder was better than Goodwin where’s he gone to nowadays?

Re: The Commentators

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 am
by SKIPPER
Compared to our friends 'oop North' Adam and John are a breath of fresh air.Phillips and Lummy make me want to throw up at times with their OTT bias,description of the current Carlisle squad (far superior to anyone else in L2),not to mention their FANTASTIC supporters. There is also an undisguised delight in their voice at our failures - a constant unending mention of how many points we are off relegation and how many games it is since we won.