Page 1 of 3
Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 pm
by _bluebird_
The squads starting to take real shape now and we have a good idea of who will be playing next season. After just about limping over the line last outing, where do we realistically think next season will take us?
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:14 pm
by Bradders
Honestly from me I want to Play this season down. I’ll be happy to be mid table and better than Carlisle. Safety soon after Christmas and I think it will be a good year one for wild and his team.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:28 pm
by John_Bucks
Steady progress on and off the pitch.
That’s all from me.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:13 pm
by Matty
Stay up comfortably hopefully, on the beach in early April. Anything else is a bonus.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:27 pm
by _bluebird_
I agree with all of the above completely. Would be nice to draw more fans through the gates as well if possible. Shame all the adult open age games overlap with 3pm kick offs or I'm sure that alone would see more through the gates
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:37 pm
by Hitthebar22
Just a bit of fun - no idea how or who Wild will play yet, but just consider this back 5, from a height perspective
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:44 pm
by Jim
_bluebird_ wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 pm
The squads starting to take real shape now and we have a good idea of who will be playing next season. After just about limping over the line last outing, where do we realistically think next season will take us?
I almost always think our signings pre-season look promising and then some turn out to be duds
It's impossible to predict this season. Can Wild cut it as a manager in EFL? Three signings who are stepping up from National League and one a youngster from a Premiership development squad - how will they adapt to EFL? Once again, I feel that things look promising, but keeping my expectations in check!
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:50 pm
by Mark Johnson
I think Wild will have been given a target of mid-table from the board.
We can't expect to having the 2 seasons we've had straight to challenging the playoffs, so I would be happy if we were one of those teams with nothing to play for for the last 6 games.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:54 pm
by Suffolk Blue
Really too early to tell. Once the pre-season starts we’ll get some indication of potential I guess. Suggest we try and forget the last two years and approach this season as if it were our first. Clearly for PW it sort of will be (I know he did spend time at Oldham).. I expect that freshness to be reflected initially in the way we play and there will be ups and downs.
I do find the selection of the new players interesting and you can see that thought has gone into the process. I want to feel optimistic but the experience of two seasons of toil sits heavy. I”ll be there whatever.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:56 pm
by bhbb
Think we will still do better then last season but think we will still struggle up front. But safety will always be the priority

Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:59 pm
by chipmunx
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:37 pm
Just a bit of fun - no idea how or who Wild will play yet, but just consider this back 5, from a height perspective
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
Nwabouki is a midfielder. Tyrell Warren however is a defender and is 6'0"
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:19 pm
by mickmike wilson
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:37 pm
Just a bit of fun - no idea how or who Wild will play yet, but just consider this back 5, from a height perspective
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
This, Our defenders hardly scored last time out but with this added height these lads should really bag 10/12 goals between them at set pieces!
Hopefully stiffen up at the other end as well, So encouraging really.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:24 pm
by AugustusCorpa
Mid table finish and we do the double with Carlisle.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:50 pm
by Steeley
I’d take comfortable lower mid table all day.
Couple of cup round progressions and it’ll be happy days.
Anything but the nerves of the last 2 seasons.
Re: Realistic expectations
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:57 pm
by spirit of 1990
Please….just safe for most of the season - and especially after Christmas, no supporter should have to go through scraping to safety in the last couple of weeks twice on the bounce, definitely not three!
One or two good cup runs, some decent football, gates improving again and looking forward to another season at this level by Feb Mar…happy!