Page 1 of 8
Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:33 pm
by Cubbins Paratrooper
I see that County's putting home tickets on sale this coming Friday. Hopefully, the away tickets will not be too far behind.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:51 pm
by McMark

Wonder if we will get put in that hidden corner again.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:44 pm
by Sea Dog Sam
Unfortunately, yes. Unless there is a different policy for away fans at Edgeley Park this coming season.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:07 pm
by Mike Dale
I believe we will have the Railway End, behind the goal, which holds about 1100.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:25 pm
by Jonty
Hoping we can take up our full allocation. One of our closer games and start of the season.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:44 pm
by Sea Dog Sam
Mike Dale wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:07 pm
I believe we will have the Railway End, behind the goal, which holds about 1100.
You believe? Where you getting that from?
Away fans aren't usually placed in The Railway End unless it's a big game.
I don't think they'll class our visit as a big game
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues ... -park.html
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:09 pm
by A.B.
First game back in the Football League for Stockport against a side who in recent times took ~1000 fans to another Greater Manchester side. I’d call that a big game.
Every chance we could be put behind the goal, like Chesterfield were last season.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:52 pm
by Mike Dale
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:44 pm
Mike Dale wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:07 pm
I believe we will have the Railway End, behind the goal, which holds about 1100.
You believe? Where you getting that from?
Away fans aren't usually placed in The Railway End unless it's a big game.
I don't think they'll class our visit as a big game
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues ... -park.html
Got a couple of friends who are Stockport season ticket holders. The railway end was the away end when they were last in the FL. Away fans were never put down the side - that only happened in non league.
They are expecting to sell out all the home areas so makes sense they would put us in the proper away end
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:17 pm
by HenneysKnee
Jonty wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:25 pm
Hoping we can take up our full allocation. One of our closer games and start of the season.
If we don’t take the full lot I’d be very surprised if we don’t get damn close to it
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:37 pm
by barrowaberdeen
I agree. Bus info hopefully tomorrow.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:54 pm
by Matty Bassdriver
We took 1400 to Carlisle & 900 to Salford last season when we were playing [swear filter]! There is no doubt that we will take at least 1000 to Stockport

Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:48 pm
by McMark
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:44 pm
Unfortunately, yes. Unless there is a different policy for away fans at Edgeley Park this coming season.
Ok cheers Mike

Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:45 am
by Steeley
I’d think we’d take over 1k and Stockport will sell out the home capacity so sure we’d be in the end stand
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:52 am
by Cubbins Paratrooper
Either I misread the original County website entry or the date has now been changed:
''Tickets for our first three home games of the Sky Bet league Two season are set to go on general sale to supporters from 10am on Friday 15th July''.
Re: Stockport (A)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:14 pm
by Big_Bluebird