Search found 23 matches
- Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:26 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Steve Higgins
- Replies: 20
- Views: 18351
Re: Steve Higgins
RIP Steve. Great knowing you
- Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:25 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: ROY McCARTHY
- Replies: 15
- Views: 13909
Re: ROY McCARTHY
RIP Royston. You were a classy player and a classy person.
- Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:57 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Mick Holgate
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4619
Re: Mick Holgate
A very nice and gentle man who I was privileged to get to know during his time at Barrow. My sincere sympathies and condolences go to his family. RIP Mick
- Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: 70s pre season tour of Scotland
- Replies: 36
- Views: 13476
Re: 70s pre season tour of Scotland
I do indeed remember the tour - alas not the year, We played Armadale Thistle away on the Saturday and on a pitch strewn with all sorts of debris (including bits of glass) we won 6-1. I actually wrote the on-going match report for this game for the Evening Mail and got some very fierce looks from a ...
- Fri May 04, 2018 1:46 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: John Martin
- Replies: 18
- Views: 8605
Re: John Martin
Very sad news indeed. I remember John as being one of the really better players that we had in those dark days after departing the Football League. My condolences go to all his family. I nice person as well as a really good footballer. RIP John and thanks
- Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Remembering Jim Mallon; a hero of 66-67
- Replies: 31
- Views: 11837
Re: Remembering Jim Mallon; a hero of 66-67
I was shocked and saddened to read of the death of Jim Mallon. He was one of my childhood heroes. A tremendous attacking full back. I was right behind the goal at Bury when he scored our opening goal from the halfway line in the old 3rd Division. Thanks to Suffolk Blue, Jim and PJ for your well writ...
- Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:17 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Which is the BAFC Rep?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2587
Re: Which is the BAFC Rep?
Matthew is away on holiday and doesn’t get back until Monday
- Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:32 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Alan Johnson.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11304
Re: Alan Johnson.
Sad news - RIP Alan
- Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:37 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: FA Trophy 2nd Round (Away to FC Halifax or Tamworth)
- Replies: 30
- Views: 6991
FA Trophy 2nd Round (Away to FC Halifax or Tamworth)
Halifax or Tamworth away
- Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:21 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Hello From Sutton
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2505
Re: Hello From Sutton
Meat and Potato pies that is
- Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:26 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Fred Else
- Replies: 59
- Views: 17997
Re: Fred Else
Very sad news. I was privileged to see Fred Play. Without doubt the best goalkeeper I ever saw play for the club in the best team I ever saw play for Barrow AFC. RIP Fred and thanks
- Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:46 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: information on ex player please - John McGoldrick
- Replies: 15
- Views: 6587
Re: information on ex player please - John McGoldrick
I do indeed have memories of Stuart Liddell. He was a no nonsense left back signed by Peter Kane and one of a number Peter had signed from Scottish Football. I remember the game against Skelmersdale where he did jump over the pitch surround and attacked a spectator who had been giving him verbals al...
- Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:04 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: AFC Fylde
- Replies: 122
- Views: 36344
Fylde Ground Grading
AFC Fylde's ground has been passed this week for Conference Premier
- Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:10 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: wittiest chants
- Replies: 31
- Views: 9542
Re: wittiest chants
Without a doubt one of the best chants in the 60's was (to the tune of Yankee Doodle) We are the boys from Holker Street, we play in white and blue And when we win the Football League we'll sing this song to you Colin Appleton is our king Colin Apleton is our king Colin Appleton is our king and your...
- Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:32 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: 50th Anniversary
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8950
Re: 50th Anniversary
That Rochdale FA Cup game was my first ever Barrow AFC match. I can still remember to this day walking up to the ground so excited that at last I was going to see Barrow play. Tony Field and George Smith were wonderful that day and really stood out but it has to be said that this was without doubt o...