Ins and Outs
- Always Ultra
- Senior Member
- Posts: 451
- Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 pm
- Contact:
Ins and Outs
Bayliss has already alluded to the fact that the squad needs freshening up. So, who would we like to see come and go this summer?
In my personal opinion, Messrs. Nicholas, Lomax and Smith just aren't cut out for this level. However, letting them all go could leave us a little short-handed at the back. I'd like to see Cliff Moyo (energetic, athletic) get more minutes next season but, when it comes to defensive bring-ins, I'm struggling to come up with realistic names.
Aside from those three, I know I'm not alone in thinking that one or two players have punched below their weight this season - Baker, Ferrell... - I guess they could be at risk of getting the chop.
As for signings, obviously we can only speculate about availability, but looking at Darlington's soon-to-be-broken-up squad Mark Bridge-Wilkinson (MF) is a decent player who's been around Northern circles for a while. By all accounts Stockport are having money issues, Tom Elliot (FW) was the pick of their players when they played us, and is 6'4".
I'm also looking at Fleetwood cast-offs as potential signings. They have a lot of strikers on their books and I've heard that Magno Vieira (ex-Carlisle) is looking for a move.
I'm not really sure who's knocking around North Lancs and South Cumbria nowadays. I know Niall Cowperthwaite (DF) is on the fringes of Morecambe's squad, and could be looking for some experience. Anyone, on here, know of any quality lower level players?
In my personal opinion, Messrs. Nicholas, Lomax and Smith just aren't cut out for this level. However, letting them all go could leave us a little short-handed at the back. I'd like to see Cliff Moyo (energetic, athletic) get more minutes next season but, when it comes to defensive bring-ins, I'm struggling to come up with realistic names.
Aside from those three, I know I'm not alone in thinking that one or two players have punched below their weight this season - Baker, Ferrell... - I guess they could be at risk of getting the chop.
As for signings, obviously we can only speculate about availability, but looking at Darlington's soon-to-be-broken-up squad Mark Bridge-Wilkinson (MF) is a decent player who's been around Northern circles for a while. By all accounts Stockport are having money issues, Tom Elliot (FW) was the pick of their players when they played us, and is 6'4".
I'm also looking at Fleetwood cast-offs as potential signings. They have a lot of strikers on their books and I've heard that Magno Vieira (ex-Carlisle) is looking for a move.
I'm not really sure who's knocking around North Lancs and South Cumbria nowadays. I know Niall Cowperthwaite (DF) is on the fringes of Morecambe's squad, and could be looking for some experience. Anyone, on here, know of any quality lower level players?
- ZiggerZag
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:37 pm
- Location: Salisbury, Wilts.
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
It looks as if Vieira will end up at ambitious FGR next season if this report is anything to go by:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17830249
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17830249
Up the Ziggers.
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Smith in my opinion has been one of our best players this year and has done a good job in whatever position he has been asked to play in. Hes only a young lad and could be one of our key players for seasons to come.
Bish=God
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
I like Baker but he has struggled the second half of the season but so have most of the squad.....I'd keep him. I think it's been slightly unfair some of the flak Baker has had when not many have done anything to write home about & certainly haven't improved their CV's.
I'd take Mark Bridge-Wilkinson straight away if he was available, assuming we could afford him, he stood out in a morale sapped Darlington when they were here, that alone probably says a lot about the bloke as a player.
Smith I'd like to see stay although he's been poor of late in the RB position but he's still only young & playing out of position, plenty of room & time for improvement there.
I'd take Mark Bridge-Wilkinson straight away if he was available, assuming we could afford him, he stood out in a morale sapped Darlington when they were here, that alone probably says a lot about the bloke as a player.
Smith I'd like to see stay although he's been poor of late in the RB position but he's still only young & playing out of position, plenty of room & time for improvement there.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Fleetwood's cast offs will be a good place to start when looking at signings
Re: Ins and Outs
Fleetwood's cast offs will be out of our budget.
Darlington's will be worth a look, but most of the best have already been snapped up and anyone else worth poaching will probably be snaffled up by Gateshead.
Darlington's will be worth a look, but most of the best have already been snapped up and anyone else worth poaching will probably be snaffled up by Gateshead.
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011
Re: Ins and Outs
OUTS; Lomax, Hone, Nicholas, Edwards, Baker, Ferrell, Hulbert
INS: proper RB, 2 CH's, 2 MF, 1striker
INS: proper RB, 2 CH's, 2 MF, 1striker
Re: Ins and Outs
With money being so tight, I think we will have to keep some players who are not ideal - Bayliss himself said as much in a recent interview. With that in mind, and ignoring the loan players, I would only release definitely Ferrell and Lomax.
Others in contention for release:
Nicholas - may have been the forgotten man for two years, but IMO he has always done OK when drafted in and I think would be a possible centre back assuming his salary could be negotiated downwards.
Baker - Has ability, his dead ball delivery is usually good. I am not sure if he has the guts and determination - Bayliss will know this better than me.
Smith - Could develop into a very good midfielder. Useful fill in at right back. Another one who can deliver a good cross. - Keep.
Moyo - I haven't seen enough to judge. He needs more experience and I think it would be too much of a risk to play him regularly. Another year on loan at BS North level perhaps?
Others in contention for release:
Nicholas - may have been the forgotten man for two years, but IMO he has always done OK when drafted in and I think would be a possible centre back assuming his salary could be negotiated downwards.
Baker - Has ability, his dead ball delivery is usually good. I am not sure if he has the guts and determination - Bayliss will know this better than me.
Smith - Could develop into a very good midfielder. Useful fill in at right back. Another one who can deliver a good cross. - Keep.
Moyo - I haven't seen enough to judge. He needs more experience and I think it would be too much of a risk to play him regularly. Another year on loan at BS North level perhaps?
-
BERSATUBOY
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Keep, Hurst,Hone,Mackereth,Boyes,Smith. Bye bye the rest
Re: Ins and Outs
BERSATUBOY wrote:Keep, Hurst,Hone,Mackereth,Boyes,Smith. Bye bye the rest
Wot, no Skelton
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Hone is not our player to keep.BERSATUBOY wrote:Keep, Hurst,Hone,Mackereth,Boyes,Smith. Bye bye the rest
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Thought he was out of contract with Lincoln at the end of the season.Van Der Nipper wrote:Hone is not our player to keep.BERSATUBOY wrote:Keep, Hurst,Hone,Mackereth,Boyes,Smith. Bye bye the rest
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Ins and Outs
Leaders Bayliss wants. Players who won't fall apart at places like Mansfield and Luton.
We need to strengthen the squad with a couple of seasoned pro's.
We need to strengthen the squad with a couple of seasoned pro's.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
We need a badass defender someone who will get at strikers and tell them he shagged there missus last night . We arent nasty enough we need a mcnulty
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Ins and Outs
Gotta agree here. Where we have a lot of fight in the centre of midfield, we need a defender who puts fear into attackers.The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:We need a badass defender someone who will get at strikers and tell them he shagged there missus last night . We arent nasty enough we need a mcnulty
#SWB
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests