Ins and Outs
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Morecambe after after Cooky and Jack Mak, I'd be pleasantly suprised if either turn down league football to stay with us
- ZiggerZag
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:37 pm
- Location: Salisbury, Wilts.
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
The thought of that makes me feel physically ill! Hope it's just a sick rumour.HenneysKnee wrote:Morecambe after after Cooky and Jack Mak, I'd be pleasantly suprised if either turn down league football to stay with us
Up the Ziggers.
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
I heard Cook was off to Gateshead last week and Shrewsbury the week before so won't worry about
him being linked with Morecambe.
him being linked with Morecambe.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Heard we've already got a replacement for Cook lined up.
Be interesting to see what happens when all's Said an' done.
Be interesting to see what happens when all's Said an' done.
Re: Ins and Outs
If it happens it will be NL's worst kept secret. Alty fans would like GS if he doesn't join Barrow as expected.Kettering would love him and can't understand why he'd want to go to' a sh*tty racist hole like Barrow'. Personally I have some reservations. Would be going against the 'younger,hungrier' scenario we have been working towards,doubt if he'll be cheap and he does have 'baggage' even if it was a few years ago. On the plus side he is a proven scorer at this level.Ste Story wrote:Heard we've already got a replacement for Cook lined up.
Be interesting to see what happens when all's Said an' done.
Re: Ins and Outs
I wouldn't want to see us sign Seddon.
It would suggest to me that we're going to be overspending again for a start and secondly, signing over the hill, injury prone mercenaries would be a step backwards from the direction we took last summer. Similarly, I wouldn't want to see us sign the likes of McNulty again, purely because I don't think we can afford him unless the ground development thing comes up trumps in time.
It would suggest to me that we're going to be overspending again for a start and secondly, signing over the hill, injury prone mercenaries would be a step backwards from the direction we took last summer. Similarly, I wouldn't want to see us sign the likes of McNulty again, purely because I don't think we can afford him unless the ground development thing comes up trumps in time.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
- bobbie moore
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
Wouldn't want Seddon or McNulty both over rated and both another year older ,as said previously ,would be back to the Chadwick etc days.we should be looking for young ,keen players who want to succeed in the game....
Re: Ins and Outs
Experienced defenders, young hungry midfield and forwards (bar one experienced midfielder like Sheridan or Hulbert). I agree with Reg, I wouldn't want Seddon either - memories of unhappy and expensive experience with Chadwick! I heard Bayliss hint that we would be getting loan players in and he mentioned relationship with Burnley, so perhaps Jackson may return on a year's loan?
Re: Ins and Outs
Lots of speculation about the possible loss of non-released players. Unfortunately as we found with Bond,Tomlinson and Edwards at the end of the day we are powerless against the 'big boys' to prevent it. Fortunately if Cook and Mackreth do go they are under 24 so we will be entitled to a tribunal fee. Grimsby have denied any interest in Adam Boyes but the worrying one to me is Danny Hurst. Gateshead have released both their keepers and must have a replacement lined up. Didn't Danny have a good game at the International Stadium. Could well have been noted and they certainly have the financial clout.
On the incoming side I hope we stick with the principal we started with last season. Yes lets have a couple of experienced old heads but youth is the future. I understand there is a possibility that Jordan Connorton will be released by Crewe. Apparently he has looked a different class on loan at Kendal and Wukkie this season.Fleetwood have released a young centre back who was highly rated but has been unable to break through because of FattyMac and his partner. I think his name is Duggan.Son of God could be another on the radar if he's released by Morecambe (not been a regular this season). But who knows. Its all pure speculation.
On the incoming side I hope we stick with the principal we started with last season. Yes lets have a couple of experienced old heads but youth is the future. I understand there is a possibility that Jordan Connorton will be released by Crewe. Apparently he has looked a different class on loan at Kendal and Wukkie this season.Fleetwood have released a young centre back who was highly rated but has been unable to break through because of FattyMac and his partner. I think his name is Duggan.Son of God could be another on the radar if he's released by Morecambe (not been a regular this season). But who knows. Its all pure speculation.
Re: Ins and Outs
Fleetwood snapped up this young lad who was on Celtic's books at the time, was it him that was the 'young released defender'?
Popular side since '03.
Re: Ins and Outs
Southport fans wouldn't mind Seddon either. I am looking forward to seeing who Bayliss has lined up.
Popular side since '03.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Ins and Outs
I think we will try to get McNulty back. Bayliss said "we need meatheads" and he certainly fits that bill.
Seddon is great at this level, whether or not he's nice to children, small animals and professes his undying loyalty to Barrow or not. However, I share your worries Reg about injuries with the pair of them.
Last time we got Chadwick in for big money it was a disaster.
Cooky is off by all accounts, wouldn't be surpried if lower league lcubs were looking at YJM.
Would be gutted by Danny Hurst going though.
Seddon is great at this level, whether or not he's nice to children, small animals and professes his undying loyalty to Barrow or not. However, I share your worries Reg about injuries with the pair of them.
Last time we got Chadwick in for big money it was a disaster.
Cooky is off by all accounts, wouldn't be surpried if lower league lcubs were looking at YJM.
Would be gutted by Danny Hurst going though.
- ZiggerZag
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:37 pm
- Location: Salisbury, Wilts.
- Contact:
Re: Ins and Outs
McNulty hasn't been released has he? He wasn't on the list that came out a few days ago.
I assume we offered Cookie and YJM new contracts during the season because other clubs were sniffing around them. As they didn't sign them, and given the stuff on here, it doesn't look good.
Please not Morecambe though. I couldn't take that.
I assume we offered Cookie and YJM new contracts during the season because other clubs were sniffing around them. As they didn't sign them, and given the stuff on here, it doesn't look good.
Please not Morecambe though. I couldn't take that.
Up the Ziggers.
Re: Ins and Outs
It's not just injuries Steve, it's cost as well.barrowaberdeen wrote:
Seddon is great at this level, whether or not he's nice to children, small animals and professes his undying loyalty to Barrow or not. However, I share your worries Reg about injuries with the pair of them.
If we don't get the development, we're totally banjoed financially. We lost money this season that needs finding from somewhere. I would find that from next seasons budget, which means we should probably cut the wage bill dramatically.
That means that we will be fighting harder than ever again next season but that is infintely better than what might happen if we overspend again.
Bayliss wants money to show what he can do. The BOD want to spend money so they can push the club on but we simply don't have money to spend. Going for the likes of Seddon and McNulty without extra money being generated would worry me greatly.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests