It's the post directly before yours.....GTBLUE wrote: And I suppose you can remember every single post that's ever been posted on the forum can you. Smart arse.
....no need for insults
It's the post directly before yours.....GTBLUE wrote: And I suppose you can remember every single post that's ever been posted on the forum can you. Smart arse.
That only said that he'd been freed by Colchester. I added that he had signed for Accy just to inform you all where he had gone, as I thought some might be interested.tommy2thumbs wrote:It's the post directly before yours.....GTBLUE wrote: And I suppose you can remember every single post that's ever been posted on the forum can you. Smart arse.
....no need for insults
Got to agree with you audigex,though I would add that with full time training I can see Lee being just the sort of tactical blockbuster we need to help us stay up-which we will do-.Lets all welcome the lad back,stay offa his back and Bayles as well and get right behind our club starting tomorrow for the big push.audigex wrote:The man scored the equaliser in the FA trophy. For me, that gets him enough points to be worth signing on non-contract terms.
If he turns out to be as unfit as people are making out, we can release him - there's no obligation, and we're not going to waste money. If he's fit enough to do a solid half an hour, then we know for a fact he can do a job as an impact sub. I wouldn't want him to be doing many 90 minute stretches, but I don't think that having the option of a big striker is a bad thing for an offensive line up... Rowe isn't quite the bullying sort. The problem last time was that we had Chadwick, who was crap most of the time, and Walker who was excellent but lacked a strike partner when Chadwick didn't turn up. McEvily was never designed to be a supporting striker for a Walker-type player... but as a late-ish substitution when one of our younger, faster strikers have tired the opposition centre halves out, I can see the point.
He clearly wants to be involved in the game: he's had several opportunities in the last 2 and a half years to pack football in and I doubt anyone would have blamed him if he had, with a fairly young family and several injuries.
For me, I can't see the need to criticise a virtually risk-free signing. If he does a job he stays, if he's too unfit, isn't up to the job or his previous injuries cause issues we can release him just as quickly.
Welcome back, Lee.
P.S, I'm assuming he isn't trophy tied?
He is.audigex wrote:P.S, I'm assuming he isn't trophy tied?
sempre contigo wrote:YES!!!
We can sing the McEvilly chant now.
To Lady Gagas chorus in paparazzi...
He's fat he's got no hair he'll beat you in air McEvilly... Lee Mc... Lee McEvilly
Errm, Danny L Rowe might remind you he's also been brought in & scored a vital goal two weeks ago!tictactoe wrote:the best we can do is McEvilly
GTBLUE wrote:Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have.
"Someone better than we already have" That's what we were told and that's what I expected mate.spirit of 1990 wrote:GTBLUE wrote:Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have.Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, colyates, HenneysKnee, Matt and 33 guests