New signing
Re: New signing
We've added Rowe / O Donnell and Mcevilly and lost Jackson / Almond / Anderson -These new players will bring experience and hopefully a bit more steel to the side. That's what we need. Hopefully one or two more when the loan deals start.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: New signing
Sorry but brian keen said on rc on Tuesday that money was there for players so there is in excuse.spirit of 1990 wrote:GTBLUE wrote:Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have.Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: New signing
I think you know exactly what he meant.tictactoe wrote:Sorry but brian keen said on rc on Tuesday that money was there for players so there is in excuse.spirit of 1990 wrote:Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
You make it sound like there's a bottomless pit of money for players.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: New signing
Ian, you are in danger of becoming a happy clapper. Please don'tspirit of 1990 wrote:I think you know exactly what he meant.tictactoe wrote: Sorry but brian keen said on rc on Tuesday that money was there for players so there is in excuse.
You make it sound like there's a bottomless pit of money for players.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: New signing
I agree. He looked like a carthorse every time I saw him last time he was at Barrow. Got knows how much slower and heavier he'll be now!spirit of 1990 wrote:Got to admit my first thought - was I can't believe we're going there again as I didn't think he was good enough three years ago!
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: New signing
OK GT............sack em allGTBLUE wrote:Ian, you are in danger of becoming a happy clapper. Please don't
That better?
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: New signing
That's more like it Ian. Now don't let it happen againspirit of 1990 wrote:OK GT............sack em allGTBLUE wrote:Ian, you are in danger of becoming a happy clapper. Please don't![]()
That better?
- Voice of reason
- Senior Member
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: New signing
See you on the Popside Kidder 3pm !!!! The gang are missing youmemories of 67 wrote:The saying is 'Desperate times require desperate measures'.
Well this is 'Desperate'
He is only being paid expenses, well his food & drinks bill will be £250 a week to start with!!!
Re: New signing
What we had were several empty seats on the bench.GTBLUE wrote:"Someone better than we already have" That's what we were told and that's what I expected mate.
Now we have one fewer, a place having been filled by an FA Trophy Final hero (ish).
Seems sort of better to me...
THE NORTHERN WAY
- Voice of reason
- Senior Member
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: New signing
I Suppose some people would rather we had 18 or 19 players to pick from ? But on our gates we cant afford to have 3 players sat in the stand taking 2or 3 hundred quid a week each out of the club like we have had previously.Bad Maths !!!!!Hadrian wrote:What we had were several empty seats on the bench.GTBLUE wrote:"Someone better than we already have" That's what we were told and that's what I expected mate.
Now we have one fewer, a place having been filled by an FA Trophy Final hero (ish).
Seems sort of better to me...
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: New signing
When he was here, that goal aside, he looked miserable and the Palestinian crisis had more movement. He spent most of his time staring darkly at his fixed odd coupon while injured barring 'that' goal.
I love the song, I hope I'm proved very wrong but I think it's desperately insane.
I love the song, I hope I'm proved very wrong but I think it's desperately insane.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: New signing
2 minutes into this link
briliant wasnt it? the hoardes from the [SwearFilter] north
a few more please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcK6UoUmBE
briliant wasnt it? the hoardes from the [SwearFilter] north
a few more please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcK6UoUmBE
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8348
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: New signing
That video just shows what can happen when Rutherford whips a cross in early rather than trying to beat 7 men
Re: New signing
Bloody hell, how depressing is it when you put it like that??Jonty wrote:We've added Rowe / O Donnell and Mcevilly and lost Jackson / Almond / Anderson
I realise you were trying to be positive, but you've done the opposite.
Re: New signing
When you need to battle, players like Almond / Jackson just don't command enough presence- did you ever see either of them out muscling a centre half- too lightweight and too quiet on the pitch. Bayles said as much himself- that our forwards get bullied too easily by the centre halfs. I don't think that will happen with Rowe and Mcevilly. Losing Tom Anderson was a blow, but from what I'm reading O'Donnell is a good defender.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Main Stand SeasonTct, SilverdaleBluebird and 24 guests