Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
cally17
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm
Contact:

Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by cally17 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:11 pm

Haven't posted on here for a while not sure how it works
At home I have come across barrow vs leek and Bolton vs barrow on video I was wondering if they are rare or worth anything or anyone is interested in them there just gathering dust
Thanks in advance

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:28 pm

As I still have a video player connected to one of the TV's in the house :o I'd be interested in buying the Bolton video off you.Two reason's -

1/I was there.
2/ So I can say to the missus "I told you the player was worth keeping!!

BTW I'm not that keen on it to be paying a daft price.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

cally17
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by cally17 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:35 pm

I wouldn't sell at a ridiculous price name a price drop me a private message on here

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:11 pm

I've got both of 'em on video. The FA Trophy ones not great quality though.I still have a player but not watched either of them in years.
Enjoyed the Burnden Park game.I think there was about 5,000 Barrow in the supermarket end.
We were unlucky to lose game 1-0.Think Tony Philliskirk scored with a header.
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

Online
User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11133
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by Jonty » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

I would love to see the Bolton game-

was there but I have never seen any highlights. So if anyone has transferred it to DVD and wouldn't mind lending me copy that would be most appreciated. Let me know.

Who had the one on one chance?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Cliff_Corner
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by Cliff_Corner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm

I was only 7 when we won the trophy in 1990. My dad and my bro were there. I remember my dad having the video and I enjoyed watching the build up. Wouldn't mind watching it again. Does anyone have any means of transferring it onto dvd for us modern folk?! I would gladly give a fiver to the bdf if anyone could stick it on a blank disc for me. Not too bothered about artwork or a cover, just a cheap asda dvd-r would do! I'd probably get a copy for my dad too. If a few others would be interested then could be another little money spinner for the club?? Unfortunately i'm not technologically advanced enough to know how to transfer these things!

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:01 pm

If someone clever could put Bolton on dvd (if thats possible) I would buy a copy. I missed most of game due to that supermarket and cider.

cally17
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by cally17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 am

I think I might try work on that one get a DVD copy be much easier and cheap donate money raised to the club aswell

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by Barrowabc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 am

I would also buy a copy of DVD as was there as a 14yr old and don't remember much of game (lot of water passed under bridge since then) but what a hell of a day it was ;) would be a good way for BDF to make some extra funds.
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 am

I don't mind donating my video copy to anyone who wants to do it.
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am

When i say copy i don't mean it's a copy.
I think i did buy it from the club shop??
I've not watched it for donkeys so i'll have a look tonight and see
what the qualities like.
If anyone wants to make copies for the fund pm me and i'll post it to you.
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

cally17
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by cally17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am

The same goes for me anyone wAnting to lend these videos for any purpose to watch / burn on to a DVD let me know and ill sort something out


Also is there anyone that videos games now ?

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow vs leek Bolton vs barrow

Post by DaveC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Cally lad, there is a bloke that videos the games now, but they only seem to publish highlights on Youtube.
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bruce, nottinghamblue, Semrush [Bot] and 19 guests