Memberships

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Memberships

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:31 pm

I've been thinking about the membership situation/problem.

This is surely the time for anyone even remotely interested in the club to step forward & become a member (I fully understand how hard it must be for some supporters to even attend matches never mind finding the extra money to become a member, so I realise not everyone could, or can become one)
The BoDs rightly are not going to keep putting their own money in so it's down to the supporters & people of the town to do what they can.

TK said it would obviously help if people could pay more but there are many problems with that. What I think would work better would be if they increased the membership cost from £20 to say £40 but have the option of paying our normal £20 asap to help with the immediate debt, then pay the other £20 when the new season starts, or even split that last £20 into two payments.
People will ask what do we get for that? I think knowing your helping your club stay afloat in difficult times should be enough.

I honestly don't think paying £40 (possibly in two/three payments) for a membership for a season is unreasonable.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Steelworks End » Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Membership application / renewal details for the coming season are now available on the official website at http://www.barrowafc.com/members/become.php . The printed & on-line application form refer to 2012/13 though, but I suppose that the former at least could be easily amended to apply to next season.

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Barrowabc » Sat May 04, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm not a member as yet but I fully intend to be fairly soon and would pay the 40 to help club out, we often talk about our love of the club and for me this a chance to show that by helping out ;) :flag:
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

mark webb
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by mark webb » Sat May 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Why not put 10 forms in every pub, if that pub can sell em the landlord gets free entry to either all friendlies or 1st game of season, speculate to accumulate

phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 5:25 pm

How about £50 for a family membership? 2 adults and 2 kids, obviously kids couldn't attend any meetings or anything, just give them a membership card. My kids would love that.

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Memberships

Post by barrowaberdeen » Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 pm

I like any of them, but start with the folk being able to actually buy the memberships online, with confidence they are paying for the right thing, iwith the right date.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by barrowfan » Sat May 04, 2013 5:59 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:I like any of them, but start with the folk being able to actually buy the memberships online, with confidence they are paying for the right thing, iwith the right date.
If the date is altered ASAP I'm sure that many would buy online to give a quick injection of cash.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat May 04, 2013 7:00 pm

i was going to renew onlne this morning, but seeing as though ive had no acknowledment on last years membership yet im not doing it until date is correct.

madplumpy
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by madplumpy » Sat May 04, 2013 8:44 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:i was going to renew onlne this morning, but seeing as though ive had no acknowledment on last years membership yet im not doing it until date is correct.
How did you pay for your membership?

I had the very same problem too. I pay by direct bank transfer and when I hadn't heard anything I went to the club armed with a statement proving I'd paid.

They checked their records & it turned out there was a legitimate reason why they hadn't contacted me...

The details that showed on their statement was simply that £20 was paid to them from my bank account. there was absolutely no reference on their statement as to who had paid the money in - not even a name. They said that there are about dozen memberships a year that are paid for and they cant tell where they come from. (apparently there is somebody who has paid like this every year and until that person presents themselves at the club like I did they have no way of telling who it is!)

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat May 04, 2013 8:49 pm

madplumpy wrote:
boyliegladbach wrote:i was going to renew onlne this morning, but seeing as though ive had no acknowledment on last years membership yet im not doing it until date is correct.
How did you pay for your membership?

I had the very same problem too. I pay by direct bank transfer and when I hadn't heard anything I went to the club armed with a statement proving I'd paid.

They checked their records & it turned out there was a legitimate reason why they hadn't contacted me...

The details that showed on their statement was simply that £20 was paid to them from my bank account. there was absolutely no reference on their statement as to who had paid the money in - not even a name. They said that there are about dozen memberships a year that are paid for and they cant tell where they come from. (apparently there is somebody who has paid like this every year and until that person presents themselves at the club like I did they have no way of telling who it is!)
i just did it online via paypal i think.
i can log on to website using that log in bit,and it has membership number, just never recieved card,agm notice or any thing like like that i know others have.

not really that bothered as its only £20. i will renew when it says 2013/14 so i know im paying for correct season

User avatar
xerxes
Gold Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by xerxes » Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm

madplumpy wrote:
The details that showed on their statement was simply that £20 was paid to them from my bank account. there was absolutely no reference on their statement as to who had paid the money in - not even a name. They said that there are about dozen memberships a year that are paid for and they cant tell where they come from.
You've no doubt realised this now, but for the benefit of the other dozen, if they're reading this - you need to provide the reference yourself when you set the payment up. Anyone who claims not to have had an acknowledgment might want to check that there is a reference on their payment, Standing Order, or whatever.

ingsy
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 pm
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by ingsy » Sun May 05, 2013 5:25 pm

For the uninitiated and for those who don't live locally, are there any benefits to being a member? Or is it just a donation to be part of the club?

audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Memberships

Post by audigex » Sun May 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Priority on tickets if there is going to be a limit (think 3rd round, United at Holker St)

First info at members meetings

A nice little card
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

ingsy
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 pm
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by ingsy » Sun May 05, 2013 7:28 pm

lol! Thanks.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Ste Story » Tue May 07, 2013 9:25 am

audigex wrote:Priority on tickets if there is going to be a limit (think 3rd round, United at Holker St)

First info at members meetings

A nice little card
Ability to go to AGM and vote on issues that affect the club.

A warm fuzzy feeling inside.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests