Memberships

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by barrowfan » Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 am

Ste Story wrote: A warm fuzzy feeling inside.
I'm going to upgrade my membership to Silver.

Will it make that feeling warmer or more fuzzy? ;)

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Ste Story » Tue May 07, 2013 11:06 am

barrowfan wrote:
Ste Story wrote: A warm fuzzy feeling inside.
I'm going to upgrade my membership to Silver.

Will it make that feeling warmer or more fuzzy? ;)
Warmer I think, but I'm sure John Mackay will be on soon to confirm.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Tue May 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Just tried twice to upgrade my membership to Gold online and got sent round the houses without success, does the club want my money or not?

Because I used Paypal last year it tells me to sign in using my email and membership number, so I did and filled in the form again, submitted it and got told to log in again.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

oldtimer
Senior Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by oldtimer » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Just tried to upgrade mine, but the online registration still says 2012 - 2013. Also the system doesn't seem to be able to handle 2 accounts using the same e-mail address. No facilitie to "renew" either. Any one else having better luck ?

Online
User avatar
LDBF
Silver Member
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Belize, Central America
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by LDBF » Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 pm

oldtimer wrote:Just tried to upgrade mine, but the online registration still says 2012 - 2013. Also the system doesn't seem to be able to handle 2 accounts using the same e-mail address. No facilitie to "renew" either. Any one else having better luck ?
No luck for me, trying to go Silver but getting nowhere. Will just keep on trying I suppose

:scarf:

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8348
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 am

The club need to get a load of leaflets advertising the membership scheme printed up, especially highlighting how desperate we are for money and these can then be shoved through every door in Barrow. Sure a lot of older people would join up to 'save the club'

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Memberships

Post by barrowaberdeen » Wed May 08, 2013 12:49 pm

I put in a small amount into the account Rich put up.

I wasn't going to get a Gold Membership next year due to being away, but, given the state of affairs, I will from the end of the month. But only if I am sure that I am paying for the right thing on the right date.

How much are we losing here? Does someone have the number of the website people? I'll ring em myself!

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5118
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed May 08, 2013 1:03 pm

I've just emailed Miller Waite, asking for this bug to be fixed. I will let everyone know what response I get back.

For now it might be easier contacting the club directly and doing your upgrade/renewals either on the phone or in person.

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Wed May 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Richard Ingham wrote:I've just emailed Miller Waite, asking for this bug to be fixed. I will let everyone know what response I get back.

For now it might be easier contacting the club directly and doing your upgrade/renewals either on the phone or in person.
Thanks, I'll wait until I can do it online, hopefully pretty soon.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

BERSATUBOY
Bronze Member
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by BERSATUBOY » Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I scrubbed my Membership because of lack of "anything" from anybody. Always late in delivering. BUT I will re-member myself. Dont wanna see them dragged away. Dito the Raiders...Let us all get round both...and hope some of the folk who have made loadsa cash in this area give some back. Whats with the Shipyard/gas terminal/dong energy and the rest not contributing. Good advertising if ever.

BERSATUBOY
Bronze Member
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by BERSATUBOY » Wed May 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Well I just been on official site to renew...guess what even that is not updated for use after August this year. I have Emailed the Club.
Not confident there will be an early answer.

User avatar
Esso Blue
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Esso Blue » Wed May 08, 2013 7:58 pm

audigex wrote:Priority on tickets if there is going to be a limit (think 3rd round, United at Holker St)

First info at members meetings

A nice little card
This is a good example of how there needs to be a clearer message about what it means to be a member. I fully understand that the BoD want to increase the membership numbers but it can't always be a case of it simply being a fund-raiser - it's not good being all take and no give. There has to be something in return and it needs to create a sense of 'belonging' to a club. That's how we will get more of the floating voters.

For what it's worth here are some thoughts:

1. Members' only meetings twice per year, not including the AGM. This should update the members on the state of the club. Of course, we're all interested in the footballing side of things but the members should also be updated on the operational side of the business. This should be a way of showing that there is a difference between being a supporter and a member.
2. An email newsletter once per quarter. This can be used to update the members who can't attend the meetings in person. Include some articles about what goes on behind the scenes, a sort of 'day in the life' feature. Holkerbird gave us a small insight into that recently and it would be useful to know more. Maybe there are things where people can help.
3. It's clear that many contributors to this forum also run their own businesses. For anyone who is a member how about offering them a free advert in the email newsletter? If I was looking for someone to do some work for me I'd prefer to use a business who was a member of the club.
4. Please, please, please can we have a junior membership? I regularly attend games with my 9-year-old son and his 11-year-old mate. They've been coming with me for the past 2 seasons and they love it. They have replica shirts, caps, calendars and lots of other stuff that they have conned (sorry, persuaded) the family to buy them for Christmas and birthdays. How about a junior membership of about £5 per month? For this they could get: a replica shirt, a Christmas card signed by all the players and a birthday card. Maybe look at discounts on things like the soccer skills courses.

I know these things take effort and organisation. Couldn't volunteers help here? This is a way in which us exiles can volunteer. Look at what Ralph can do from NZ.
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....

Ralph
Gold Member
Posts: 1804
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Ralph » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 am

The club have details about the 2013-14 membership at www.barrowafc.com/members/become.php

But the membership form is for the 2012-13, hopefully this can be updated PDQ: http://www.barrowafc.com/downloads/BAFC ... 012-13.pdf

oldtimer
Senior Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by oldtimer » Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am

Article in last nights EM says "lFor more information about Barrow’s membership packages visit their official website at, www.barrowafc.com" . But nothing updated since report on members meeting.

Just tried AGAIN to upgrade my membership. But still no "renew" option when I log into my account, and still only membership for 2012 -13 on the "open an account" option. Do I start again and open a new account ? Advice please.

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Memberships

Post by Steelworks End » Thu May 09, 2013 10:38 am

Ralph wrote:The club have details about the 2013-14 membership at http://www.barrowafc.com/members/become.php

But the membership form is for the 2012-13, hopefully this can be updated PDQ: http://www.barrowafc.com/downloads/BAFC ... 012-13.pdf
Do read the thread, old chap. We've been banging on about this all week! :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LDBF and 35 guests