Sponsored by - S Rodgers, J Goodwin, B Millburn, PC Lettings, NSC, S Leonard, Give ‘em Beans, NSC & Surrey Barrovian

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by whitty1969 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Nothing wrong with it Tommy, Just needs the post moving but we have it in hand.
Its a massive improvement.

Great for people to knock us after all the hard work we have put in

So Ste Story, Can you post a list of the jobs you have done at the ground recently?

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Reg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:19 pm

That is pretty harsh Ste!

I know nothing about design but if we're going to have a sign, it looks ok to me.

Not sure what set Elaine off!

Dawn is the same after she has cleaned up. It's like they never expect anything to get dirty/messy ever again!

#women
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Kieran » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Holkerbird wrote:Oh God here we go again!!!
So being at a football match is the reason why someone can't stand on two legs. Hahahaha. I watched the lads painting in the full glare of the sun to make the place look decent and I stand by the comments moron and cretin as that was what he was from the walking to the front of a queue regardless of anyone else waiting to be served.
It shouldn't be an excuse just because it is a football ground or are you saying people attending these don't know how to behave properly? It isn't hard to stand up surely, or sit in the stand if that is too hard to do.
I wasn't complaining about him leaning on a wall, it was the putting his bloody great hoof on it I objected to.
I know nothing of said person's behaviour in the bar, but are you really suggesting that putting your foot up against a brick wall at a football ground is the action of someone who doesn't know how to behave properly?? There will be many many people putting their bloody great hoof on it over the coming months, so you are going to do a lot of objecting!

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Matty » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I like that sign, certainly more aesthetically pleasing that what it used to be.
Popular side since '03.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 pm

I can certainly rattle your cage Kieran as you always bite when I post. I love it. Hahahaha

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Right let's get this thread back on line.
Can someone tell me when the changing room refurbishment is going to start please? Is anything going to be done in the away changing room or is it just down for painting?
There's a hand basin and pedestal in the storage cupboard in the Reception area in case you didn't know.
Well done to those who did a shift today. :scarf:

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Kieran » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Holkerbird wrote:I can certainly rattle your cage Kieran as you always bite when I post. I love it. Hahahaha
Not always Elaine, only when you post complete tosh! ;)

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Hadrian » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Ste Story wrote:The way the badge is cut off makes the sign look like it's been cut down too short, why have the badge on if its only half on.
Not a fan of bleeding edges, Ste?

Looks okish to me. Not worth the full rant! Now if I ever read the Guardian and looked at their design...
;)
THE NORTHERN WAY

User avatar
The Cats Whiskers
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by The Cats Whiskers » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Nothing wrong with the sign, it looks great. What the photo does show though, and i couldn't see from my seat is that already the cladding is taking a pasting.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Ste Story » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:37 pm

whitty1969 wrote:
So Ste Story, Can you post a list of the jobs you have done at the ground recently?
Lol have a word with yourself you clown.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Ste Story » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Ste Story wrote:
Aii i'm sure alot of people will like it. I like the idea of it, when I first heard you were doing a sign there I thought it was a tremendous idea.

Purely from a design perspective is why I don't like it, no doubt not many will agree with me and I hate to criticse because the work done is all absolutely fantastic
Hardly being unreasonable or unfair am I. Ian asked me what I thought was wrong with it so I told him. I said im sure many will like it and Ive also said numerous times that the work done is excellent from all.

Some of the people (not many most are top folk) think they deserve a knighthood for painting a couple of walls and are starting to look down on those who arent lucky enough to have free evenings as though theyre somehow lesser fans or even worse not entitled to have opinions.


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Steeley » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Not having a go at anyones hard work but id agree with Ste's points on the design, id have preferred a different one BUT it still looks good and better than before.
Bish=God

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Barrowabc » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Like the sign looks good to me and the price what was paid for it
We've done well,I see where ste is coming from its his job
I do same with drives, but each to there own eh
It's a massive improvement on what was there and like owt else
It's down to costs and we don't have a large pot of money
To do jobs the way we want been honest
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Kieran wrote:
Holkerbird wrote:I can certainly rattle your cage Kieran as you always bite when I post. I love it. Hahahaha
Not always Elaine, only when you post complete tosh! ;)
Just because it's something you don't agree with. I don't think objecting to someone putting their feet on a newly painted wall is talking tosh.
Last edited by Holkerbird on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Van Der Nipper
Platinum Member
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Van Der Nipper » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:51 pm

whitty1969 wrote:Nothing wrong with it Tommy, Just needs the post moving but we have it in hand.
Its a massive improvement.

Great for people to knock us after all the hard work we have put in

So Ste Story, Can you post a list of the jobs you have done at the ground recently?
Out of order Whitty and I am actually gobsmacked by that elitist attitude.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barrowfan_chris, Fazered, Klaus Moogintaal II and 24 guests