Hednesford v Barrow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by John Very Little » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Cliff_Corner wrote:Unbeaten with Dan Parkinson in the team aren't we?!
No, he played in the defeat at Alty although I really do wonder why we haven't picked him more than we have - clearly Bayliss has forgot he actually exists or isn't picking him for another reason? Why he played other players out of position instead of him at Bradford it beggars belief..

However today the loss of Ray-Harvey was a real hindrance but I really have to question the centre-back pairing. O Donnell is clearly a favourite of Bayliss irrespective of his performances but him and Williams were all over the place today and Burns marking was atrocious, particularly in the second half. Reynolds came on in the second half but the damage was already done by then. Reynolds and Williams played well together in quite a few friendlies so why were they not selected together for the league matches?

We did look dangerous going forward but again we couldn't quite get that killer ball right and came close to scoring on a few occasions but not as much as we looked like conceeding. The defence really needs sorting out and if that means Bayliss dropping his favourites then so be it but I very much doubt he will? Really concerned for the rest of the season.

User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by bobbie moore » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Second to the ball again ,slow in every aspect.
Edwards hasn't got pace of 2 yrs ago Williams and O'Donnell would be better off on stage singing ;) very slow and bullied far too easy .
Mid field did miss Harvey imo but Davies off the pace once again.
Mills would be better on right wing as he never uses his left peg,,,and why Parkinson cant get start ,beggars me, young lad from Oldham out of his depth today.
We should have thrown Arnison Bowen on at 3 down and put them under pressure with a few forwards.There were chances in box that no one went for.
What miffs me is the way some of our players who looked ok in friendlies now seem to have lost the plot......

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by Kieran » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:01 pm

Reg wrote:Bayliss said on the radio that our centre halves got bullied.

Bayliss has been saying that since we lost Jones and McNulty (who weren't his signings).

Bayliss was a defender. You would think the least he would be able to do would be sign good defenders an then give them good coaching.

He clearly cannot do that.

He should have gone at the end of the 11/12 season. The fact he's still here now is a bad joke.

He'll keep picking up the odd win and people will keep on seeing us turn corners that aren't even there and before you know it, it will be March, we'll be 15th and another season will have been wasted under his management.
Agree almost entirely, apart from I'd swap 11/12 for 12/13. Williams seems to get the majority of the stick but O'Donnell is just as bad, weak as [SwearFilter] the pair of them. How Reynolds can't get into that defence I don't know.

Parkinson is obviously the latest player to get on the wrong side of Bayliss too, whats the lad done wrong?? Can he really be any worse than what we've seen so far?? You've given him a years contract Bayles, give the lad a chance FFS! How many times is this going to happen??

Please Dave, just go now. I'll always hold you in high regard for whats happened under your (and Sheridan's tenure) but you've lost it. I really don't think you're capable of turning this around now and you remaining as manager is actually making the situation worse if anything. Its with a heavy heart I say that, but its time to go.

User avatar
The Cats Whiskers
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by The Cats Whiskers » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:21 pm

I asked after the Brackley match where the other "pre-season" right back had gone. It turns out Jon Bateson was verbally offered a contract by Bayliss, but just days before the season started O'Donnell had contacted Bayliss saying he would like to come back and Bateson was sent a text to say the offer of a contract had been withdrawn. (with a [SwearFilter] poor excuse that a sponsor had pulled out). Bayliss didn't even have the bottle to phone him.

This isn't speculation or rumour, it's fact and the way the club currently conducts it's buisness. Perhaps (and this is speculation) Parkinson had something to say about this, as they were car sharing to games and training, and Bayliss has the hump with him.

User avatar
Dan_Buck
Senior Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by Dan_Buck » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Am I right in saying that when parkinson signed Bayliss said he was the kind of player we needed or words to that effect.
I personally don't think mills has pulled up any trees upto now he always seems in the wrong position so its defo time to give parkinson ago,if it turns out that he ain't good enough then fair dos but u ain't gonna know if u don't give the lad a chance.

User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by barrowfan_chris » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:32 pm

The centre backs today were bloody awful out of position for two goals and it could have been worse. They are big lads but a 5 foot lad managed to out jump them and they were bullied far too much I honestly think both are out of there depth at this level. Edwards and burns we awful as well I really do feel for the keeper as he is playing sweeper, defender and goalie in one.

Going forward we were better I haven't been impressed with Mills but today was one of his better games but that isn't saying much. I do worry our best forwards aren't the ones on contract but on loan we really need to extend those deals if we can.

Why has Parkinson been left out there is no reason for this and I am getting fed up with it each season.

I have to say this is the first time tonight but I am seriously struggling to defend Bayliss if we don't get 6 points from the next two games then questions have to be asked.

On and off the pitch we lack direction.

popsider
Senior Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 am
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by popsider » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 am

I also could not understand why Meecham came on and Arnison was left on the bench again does that make Parkinson and Arnison the latest he's freezing out.
News is what other people dont want you to know, the rest is advertising ...........Randolph Hearst

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by SKIPPER » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:21 am

Don't want to trivialise our poor start by any stretch of the imagination but it is interesting to note our three defeats have been to the current top three in the League, all of them still unbeaten, Is this skewing people's perception ? Only time will tell and the next few results are crucial. Incidentally I'll bet Williams is wishing he hadn't spoken to the EM with his quote about Hednesfords top scorer an old friend of his 'he won't score if I have anything to do with it' or similar.

User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by bobbie moore » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:30 am

Its not just about the defeats albeit against top 3 clubs, its the standard of football and commitment which is lacking imho :(

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by Ste Story » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:49 am

bobbie moore wrote:Its not just about the defeats albeit against top 3 clubs, its the standard of football and commitment which is lacking imho :(
To be fair I expected this season to start slowly and be tough with our difficult start and brand new team taking time to gel...

It's the playing players out of position that's the straw that brakes the camels back for me, always a sure fire sign of a manager losing the plot.

That's before we even mention the fact one of our best players from what I've seen so far, Parkinson, is sitting in the stands for every shit game so far.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by Jim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 am

Ste Story wrote:
bobbie moore wrote:Its not just about the defeats albeit against top 3 clubs, its the standard of football and commitment which is lacking imho :(
To be fair I expected this season to start slowly and be tough with our difficult start and brand new team taking time to gel...

It's the playing players out of position that's the straw that brakes the camels back for me, always a sure fire sign of a manager losing the plot.

That's before we even mention the fact one of our best players from what I've seen so far, Parkinson, is sitting in the stands for every [SwearFilter] game so far.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
No need to panice just yet. Looking at fixtures, I would expect results to pick up from here. If they haven't in a month's time I think questions will need to be asked. I must admit that it would be nice to see a team with two wingers and everyone else in their right position. I would have thought that Johnston and Arnison would be the obvious pairing as strikers.

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by barrowaberdeen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:44 am

The thing that depressed me about yesterday was that it is like battling round the BSP trying to pick up points, sometimes with very little indication there is any plan at all. When we were fighting for our lives at Grimsby, Luton, Wrexham etc, I can take that- but the pattern has been much the same at Hednesford and Bradford Park Avenue.

In this league, a squad including Arnison and Dale Johnson should be mullering most defences.

I don't expect for a minute to be up the very top of this league right now, but we should be able to win more than we lose, attack with a bit of verve and defend strongly against a more limted attack than the league above. None of this is happening. It does take time to settle, but against the so called lesser sides we need to be picking up points now.

The centre halves were just abysmal yesterday. Mills was actually pretty good!

User avatar
barrowfan1999
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by barrowfan1999 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 am

Bayliss should go. Enough is enough, he's done what he could for Barrow, but his tactics just aren't working. We've got a team that's got one of the best squads in the Skrill North, but with his tactics it isn't working. Playing our best players isn't working anyway, like Dan Parkinson for an example, who's been sidelined for no reason. When I asked him, he just said 'Bayliss isn't playing me mate'. Surely Bayliss should have some common sense instead of playing people out of position instead of Parkinson. Arnison doesn't look like he's going to be played much now anyway, which is a player we need, considering he is one of the most dangerous strikers in the Skrill North. I say we get a new manager - anyone could do better than Bayliss at this level.

User avatar
sanddevil-temp
Gold Member
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Fulham. Or is it Hammersmith? West London any road.
Contact:

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by sanddevil-temp » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:59 am

Yesterday was my first Barrow game of the season, and I can't deny I was shocked at the poor quality of football on show at this level. I was expecting much better. Hednesford took the lead after about quarter of an hour courtesy of an agricultural looking challenge from (at the other end of the pitch it looked like) Robbie Williams which resulted in a converted penalty. Five minutes later their lead was doubled after a succession of tackles were missed by the defence. At that point I was fearing a Mansfield-esque hammering. However, Barrow started to turn things around with some decent play, and got one back through Dale Johnson's double header 1-2 off the post.

Barrow finished the first half the brighter and had chances to equalise along with good possession. I'll go out on a limb here and say Barrow were the better of the two teams in the first half. Unfortunately the second half was a complete no-show. We were utterly abysmal and it came as no surprise when Hednesford bagged their third, thanks to woeful defending from Burns. I don't subscribe to the suggestions of the Barrow fans around us that the third knocked the stuffing out of us - there was no stuffing in the first instance to be knocked out. We were powder puff across the park and incapable of making tackles.

Special mention must go to Burns and Williams - two of the most atrocious 'footballers' I have ever witnessed. Meechin and Bowen suggested they had never played football before either when they came on but I will concede there wasn't enough time to put together a totally balanced opinion of them.

I am seriously concerned about this performance and my feeling is this season is going to be one long grind.

Johnson's goal captured on my camcorder
http://youtu.be/5qk131y9zcQ
Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/badzillacouk
Creator and developer of the extremely annoying Barrow AFC Twitter Bot https://twitter.com/BarrowAFCbot

donny bluebird
Veteran Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:39 am
Location: Four Oaks

Re: Hednesford v Barrow

Post by donny bluebird » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 am

barrowfan1999 wrote:Bayliss should go. Enough is enough, he's done what he could for Barrow, but his tactics just aren't working. We've got a team that's got one of the best squads in the Skrill North, but with his tactics it isn't working. Playing our best players isn't working anyway, like Dan Parkinson for an example, who's been sidelined for no reason. When I asked him, he just said 'Bayliss isn't playing me mate'. Surely Bayliss should have some common sense instead of playing people out of position instead of Parkinson. Arnison doesn't look like he's going to be played much now anyway, which is a player we need, considering he is one of the most dangerous strikers in the Skrill North. I say we get a new manager - anyone could do better than Bayliss at this level.
This isn't the first time that I've read on here that we've got one of the best squads in the league.
Based on what exactly?
Score more goals than them!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alhosk, barrow1987, blumooncrab, Fazered and 15 guests