Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Barrow Borrow Stanley Striker

Post by barrowfan_chris » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:16 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:He did ok today. Bit of decent service and he would score goals.
I will disagree here he had two chances through on goal keeper to beat hit it well wide. Jury is out after this performance no better than what we have had.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow Borrow Stanley Striker

Post by McMark » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Marcus Carver, loan is up at the end of the month. I think we should try to extend the deal if possible, the lad is starting to settle and has caused problems for defenders.

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Barrow Borrow Stanley Striker

Post by barrowaberdeen » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 pm

I want him to stay- I recognise him now so he's a fixed point in the dizzying array of parttimeloanmonthtoweekly players we have.

Please, that's six I know!

And his movement is O.K and him and Arni could be all right if we sorted out other areas of the team, like central defence.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow Borrow Stanley Striker

Post by McMark » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Any news on extending the loan on Marcus Carver, is it a done deal.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow Borrow Stanley Striker

Post by McMark » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:20 pm

I can't believe we didn't get an extension on his loan he was doing really well!!
A nice little article though from accy site below!


Marcus Carver believes his recent loan at Skrill North side Barrow has aided his development as a player.

The 20-year-old has spent the last five weeks on loan at Holker Street, netting three goals in seven starts for the Bluebirds, including two to knock out Chester in the FA Trophy last weekend.

Although he is unsure where his next move will take him, the striker says his latest loan spell has been worthwhile.

He said: “I think I’ve really benefitted from it as I’ve scored a few goals and kept my fitness up.

“Last week’s FA Trophy win was great way to end my loan with two goals and sending the club through.

“It’s always good to score but by knocking a club in a higher league out, there’s nothing better.

His first goal came in a 1-1 home draw against Stalybridge last month in a match where he also received a red card.

Despite dropping down two divisions, Carver insists the standard is still very high.

He said: “I wouldn’t say there’s a massive difference between League Two and Conference North.

“The majority of the players have played professionally so they know the game well and I’ve just been learning from the experience around me.

“I’ve learned that playing games at that level isn’t as easy as I thought it would be.

“The game against Stalybridge was memorable for me, scoring the first goal and then the bad side getting sent off when really it was a harsh decision.”

After previous loan spells at Marine and Halifax Town, Carver is currently trying to finalise another loan move in order to gain experience.

But, the Blackburn born man says he would love to become a regular figure for his local side.

He added: “It would be great breaking back and becoming a figure in the ‘Accy’ line- up but at the moment, I’m just going to go out and get as much experience as I can to improve as a player.”

User avatar
The Cats Whiskers
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow Borrow Stanley Striker

Post by The Cats Whiskers » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Gone to AFC £ylde today. A club with Football League ambitions. Unlike Barrow, a club with Evostick ambitions.

Gazza
Veteran Member
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

Post by Gazza » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Here we go again. I do hope this is not another balls up by the club. Carver wanted to stay or so he had said earlier, he actually looked like a proper player who knows where the net is, so what happens? We don't extend his loan. I cannot see Accrington not letting us keep him if they have let him go out again, unless they were paying his wages whilst he was here and now Money bags Fylde have agreed to pay them?

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

Post by John Very Little » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Gazza wrote:Here we go again. I do hope this is not another balls up by the club. Carver wanted to stay or so he had said earlier, he actually looked like a proper player who knows where the net is, so what happens? We don't extend his loan. I cannot see Accrington not letting us keep him if they have let him go out again, unless they were paying his wages whilst he was here and now Money bags Fylde have agreed to pay them?
With loans the loaning club usually pays a percentage of the players wages so perhaps AFC Fylde offered to pay more money to Accy to loan him than we did as I assume we'd have put some sort of offer to them? Other than slightly less travelling I can't see why Carver would want to drop further down when he's proved he's good enough for Conf North level?

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7134
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

Post by blue nige » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:05 am

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/match-repo ... -1.1103545

looks like we could have had him! somebody needs to explain this!

Gazza
Veteran Member
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

Post by Gazza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 am

blue nige wrote:http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/match-repo ... -1.1103545

looks like we could have had him! somebody needs to explain this!
Nothing to explain. Meechan hasn't got the job, so if that was the condition of him extending his loan then, that's that. Still very disappointing though as we were absolutely toothless up front yesterday.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

Post by barrowfan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:27 am

Could also be a touch of sour grapes from Meechan!

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7134
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Barrow Loose Stanley Striker

Post by blue nige » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:03 am

barrowfan wrote:Could also be a touch of sour grapes from Meechan!
that`s what i thought as well ,so much for his write up`s in the mail about how much he cared about the club and the fans!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lesley2259, Louis29, Munt68, russell_anderson, Sash591 and 18 guests