Danny Livesey
- Esso Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
- Location: Buckinghamshire
- Contact:
Danny Livesey
I went to the Tamworth game and I thought at the time that Danny Livesey looked really ‘up for it’. He made sure that he was going to win all his challenges in that game and, for me, he showed what all the fuss was about in pre-season. Prior to that game I’d been disappointed in him in the games that I’d seen him play – though as an exile I don’t get to as many games as some on here.
In the last 10 games, including Tamworth, we have conceded 6 goals and kept 7 clean sheets. In the previous 10 games we conceded 15 goals and kept 2 clean sheets. These 10 games included December and January where we had our slump. So, for comparison, in the 10 games before that (all competitions) we conceded 10 goals and kept 6 clean sheets.
I know stats can be played with. In my opinion Danny Livesey’s improved performance has made a big difference to our defence since Tamworth. He has taken some of the pressure off Simon Grand and this means the 2 full-backs have been better supported.
I don’t know what has happened to bring about this change. Maybe his contract is up for renewal at the end of the season or he has been promised a nice bonus if we win the league? Whatever it is, I hope he keeps it going. He has changed my opinion of him.
In the last 10 games, including Tamworth, we have conceded 6 goals and kept 7 clean sheets. In the previous 10 games we conceded 15 goals and kept 2 clean sheets. These 10 games included December and January where we had our slump. So, for comparison, in the 10 games before that (all competitions) we conceded 10 goals and kept 6 clean sheets.
I know stats can be played with. In my opinion Danny Livesey’s improved performance has made a big difference to our defence since Tamworth. He has taken some of the pressure off Simon Grand and this means the 2 full-backs have been better supported.
I don’t know what has happened to bring about this change. Maybe his contract is up for renewal at the end of the season or he has been promised a nice bonus if we win the league? Whatever it is, I hope he keeps it going. He has changed my opinion of him.
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Danny Livesey
Agreed I was quite critical of Livesey early on this season and I must now hold my hands up and apologise he's been outstanding last few months fair play to the guy. grand alongside him also has been equally impressive. Keep it going please fella's.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Danny Livesey
Him and Grand are an excellent pairing at the back. Comfortably the best defensive duo in this league.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
Re: Danny Livesey
I agree. It's not hard to understand why he was a regular at Carlisle for so long. Not too sure what the crack is with his contract, but I hope we have got him signed on for at least next season!
#SWB
Re: Danny Livesey
It did take Danny time to bed in he was steady at first without setting the world alight. His performances since the turn of the year have been brilliant and long may the partnership continue.
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Danny Livesey
Massive improvement. Looked proper nervous first part of season. Now looks accomplished. Top man.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
Re: Danny Livesey
Been a rock in the heart of the team whenever I've seen him
Re: Danny Livesey
It's like any job when you first start, it takes a while to get used to your surroundings.
Danny has been tremendous and will be an asset next season in the national league .
Danny has been tremendous and will be an asset next season in the national league .
-
Kendal_bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: Danny Livesey
Danny has been my player off 2015 just goes about his work in a easy way... Doesn't do anything flashy wins the ball and plays it easy... I think he maybe had a sluggish start as it takes some adapting coming from full time to part time only training twice a week.
- Moonwatcher
- Senior Member
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Danny Livesey
To be honest, I can't say I've noticed any change in Danny's performances all season. I've been to all the home games, but only a handful of away games, so perhaps I haven't seen the full picture. I do think he's the kind of player who just quietly gets on with his job, week in, week out, with a minimum of fuss, and his work often goes unnoticed. Grandy somehow seems more high profile on the pitch, not sure why that is. Two superb signings in my opinion - I really hope we can get them to commit beyond their current contracts.
Re: Danny Livesey
Livesey and Grand really strong, good on the deck and great in the air . Both are really good , if you watch them they are always talking too each other and the team , the clean sheets we have is impressive, what impresses me the most is how those 2 have coped with a weak DCM, only in the the last month has our CM improved slightly! But those 2 class for barrow this season
Re: Danny Livesey
Ok we all agree, he is a good player, end of.
Re: Danny Livesey
I think he's been consistent all season, can't really remember him making a mistake which has cost us. Reminds me a bit of Phil Bolland who used to get criticism on here but who read the game well and made good tackles and interceptions without launching himself into challenges.
He's an even better defender than Simon Grand for me but between them they have played a big part in getting us to where we are now.
He's an even better defender than Simon Grand for me but between them they have played a big part in getting us to where we are now.
Re: Danny Livesey
Livesey has been exactly as i expected, class at this level.
Re: Danny Livesey
Grande, Livesy and Cooke between these 3 for player of year imo
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: beachy01, bluessupporter, Cubbins Paratrooper, Matt and 24 guests