Forest Green v Barrow match thread
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
The ref told livesey it was going in the top corner
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/AFC-defender-L ... 67cba66-ds
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/AFC-defender-L ... 67cba66-ds
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3510
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Forest green fans are coming across as a right bunch of moaning buggers.
I would suggest watching tennis or something if you cant stand away fans shouting nasty words at the ref and your players.
Absolute nonesense.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I would suggest watching tennis or something if you cant stand away fans shouting nasty words at the ref and your players.
Absolute nonesense.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
In x years time society will have moved on from nasty words. Rules are rules.barrowfan_chris wrote:Forest green fans are coming across as a right bunch of moaning buggers.
I would suggest watching tennis or something if you cant stand away fans shouting nasty words at the ref and your players.
Absolute nonesense.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3510
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Indeed Zak but whilst they haven't yet its fine 
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
I stand corrected (in my orthapaedic shoes)boyliegladbach wrote:Lancaster Branch wrote: Barnet, I think.
btw, between the match and the Edmo farrago, this weekend was a right laugh wasn't it?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gl ... e-31294398
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
You can believe what you want chap but one or two of your "stewards" let themselves down on Saturday and annoyed our supporters before they had even entered the ground by telling them they were not going to be let in and making up the reason. I was there and saw it happen and then saw what I presume was your head steward reverse the decision and try and distance himself from the whole situation without an apology. Loads of FGR fans were outside getting tickets at the same time and were arguing our case and as perplexed as we were.FGR Fan wrote:Firstly I'm not "Phil"
Secondly, our stewards are decent lads who are there to do an honest job, and as for these so called "lies" where is your proof? It's basically a few yobs words against the stewards, who would you believe?
Our stewards acted sensibly and calmly throughout the game from what I could see.
During the first half at least one steward was also asking your photographers to focus their cameras on our supporters and take pictures of them. Again I know this because I confronted them about it and although the steward tried to deny it the photographer gave the game away from his reaction. Believe what you want but you are living in a dreamworld if you think your club is portraying itself as a "community" club - perhaps to home fans but certainly not to away fans. I have made a complaint to the club regarding the stewarding and am awaiting a reply.
As has been said, our fans anger was directed at the referee, firstly for the sending off and then for several equally mystifying decisions that followed. When a set of fans is singing for the manager to "walk the players off because the ref is a cheat" then it is pretty clear something was wrong.
The sad thing is that I enjoyed the company of quite a few FGR fans before and after the game and you have a great little set up which is in danger of being eroded. Regarding your comment about bigger clubs I would say that more likely is that if a side with bigger support like Grimsby or Wrexham gets treated like we did then you likely won't have much of a stadium left
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
TBH ive been to a fair few away games over the last few seasons as ive got back into football big time and yeah i've seen Freya swear but im sorry FGR fan but its called passion.. and judging by what I know of they girl im pretty sure she wouldnt of called Phil Mitchells son (Ben #endersbantz) a ****.Freya wrote:He grabbed my boyfriend and it wouldn't have started if he didn't. But no one will listen to this and no one will listen when I say I didn't say a word to his son. This is so unfair.FGR Fan wrote:One thing I will say is that the lad in question is a top bloke, no angel and got a bit of a temper on him but not without reason. If some of you hadn't acted like you did all day, there would have been no trouble. Act like thugs, and you'll get trouble. We're a friendly club, so it takes a lot to properly kick things off luckily.
It is upsetting that his son was upset and cried but sometimes maybe you should look closer to home before totally blaming others.. he has agreed that he also used a fair few "choice" words towards Freya which im pretty sure his son didnt think "oh its all ok that my dads swearing at a young lass"
im sorry but for me blame cannot be lumbered on freya here.. yes shes not helped by swearing but Big Phil is as much to blame as anyone for this incident. i wasnt at the game and only comment based on what has been agreed that ive read from both sides.
btw - your stewards seem lovely http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gr ... an-5135844 - same ones that covered up this incident?
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5438
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
It's not beyond impossible the little lad started crying because Daddy was losing his temper again & he's seen this before & it usually does not end well> Two sides to every story.FGR Fan wrote:Come on, if any of you had your little lad reduced to tears by foul mouthed yobs,
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5438
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
mickmike wilson wrote:One thing I will say is that the lad in question is a top bloke, no angel and got a bit of a temper on him....FGR Fan wrote:Come on, if any of you had your little lad reduced to tears by foul mouthed yobs,
It's not beyond impossible the little lad started crying because Daddy was losing his temper again & he's seen this before & it usually does not end well> You just don't know what goes on in peoples households, Two sides to every story.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Bit harsh that mickmike.mickmike wilson wrote:mickmike wilson wrote: One thing I will say is that the lad in question is a top bloke, no angel and got a bit of a temper on him....
It's not beyond impossible the little lad started crying because Daddy was losing his temper again & he's seen this before & it usually does not end well> You just don't know what goes on in peoples households, Two sides to every story.
The bloke was an idiot like.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5438
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
FGR Fan wrote:The stewards have all the info, they'll provide fair unbiased facts to the club which should sort anything out if needed.
So they took detailed statements from both sides support did they, you know to reach a balanced & fair decision? Or they talked to your fans who they mingle with everyweek & decided its a Barrow's fault.
You are Phil Mitchell & I claim the Pony, Guv'nor.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5438
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Double Post
Last edited by mickmike wilson on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5438
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
mickmike wilson wrote:boyliegladbach wrote: Bit harsh that mickmike.
The bloke was an idiot like.
HARSH....I am not implying he beats his child or anything but implying that his child gets scared when daddy loses his temper as all young kids do when anyone loses their temper...I'm merely saying it's a possibility, nothing more.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Just to clarify again I'm not "Phil" MickMike Wilson, just sticking up for him a bit. I don't condone everything he's done, but he's usually alright and doesn't pick fights for the sake of it especially with his little lad with him. Personally I'd recommend he had just walked away, but if you get provoked it can be tough especially if your kid is getting upset and scared.
As for the Grimsby incident, that was dealt with properly.
http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news ... estigation
As for the Grimsby incident, that was dealt with properly.
http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news ... estigation
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
"Dealt with properly"FGR Fan wrote:Just to clarify again I'm not "Phil" MickMike Wilson, just sticking up for him a bit. I don't condone everything he's done, but he's usually alright and doesn't pick fights for the sake of it especially with his little lad with him. Personally I'd recommend he had just walked away, but if you get provoked it can be tough especially if your kid is getting upset and scared.
As for the Grimsby incident, that was dealt with properly.
http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news ... estigation
I quote: “There was no third-party evidence corroborating either side regarding this provocation.
“Regardless of the circumstances, the photos clearly show a ‘head-lock’ was used on the fan.
The stewards attempted to put him in a chest lock because he wouldnt give them his ball... sounds a bit OTT to me!!!! Also - no third party evidence so basically the stewards all backed each other up because they **** themselves
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests