Fans Frustrations

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by K-Man » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Hadrian wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Wow. If thats true then that is disgusting.
If a chief exec is sitting doing her/his job at a crucial point in the working week and a group of customers/individuals come over and challenge the chief exec's performance or ability to do the job in a manner reported to be less than pleasant, what is the correct response?
It's his job to watch football?
When else are people meant to approach him I'd there's no organised event ? Turn up at his house?

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Pedro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Tommylad wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Because he is unemployed / under employed / unemployable and has to get through the day without spending any money.
That's out of order mate. The lad makes some good points and you can't knock him because they go against your opinions.
Very well put if you disagree with someone's opinion abuse them it's not on.
Unless you are from the USA and turn up outside the house with a pillowcase over your head and a burning cross in the lawn

cheshepe_RL
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by cheshepe_RL » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:38 pm

The derogatory remarks that keep cropping up about the USA are also unwelcome. Having worked for US giant, GE, for many years and now the recipient of their superb medical pension, I can assure you that not all US companies are "hire & fire", as some on here seem to think.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Just so its known I work 50 hours a week. Every day of every week since I was 14. Not that that my employment has anything to do with an unofficial football forum on the internet.

Sad that Id be put into a position to have to explain that. Just seems some older forum members are letting themselves down by having to try and attempt be nasty without knowing the person they are being nasty to. You'd think they know better.

MODs may delete this after they respond to my report of the post in question
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Chris Benoit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Could we get the players to turn up to a meet the chairman night? There's 5 or 6 who could have some forum infuriating stuff to plaster all over here :lol:
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by spirit of 1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:12 pm Unless you are from the USA and turn up outside the house with a pillowcase over your head and a burning cross in the lawn
You seriously are getting worse.



I haven't been asked to put this but I think it's worth saying. I was speaking to Paul last night (not directly about Saturday but it came up in the conversation) and he understands the frustration at the moment, he even understands why the three/four supporters did what they did.
Perhaps it wasn't the best way to vent their frustrations and perhaps at another time they might have just asked for a meeting with AC (I'd be more than happy to set one up) I think that would be a better way of doing things....but in the heat of the moment I suppose things are seen differently.
I do remember once talking to someone very involved in the club (unfair to mention names) and he said he was verbally attacked about the way he was handling something at the football, I knew from the way he was talking to me that that was the beginning of the end for him. Not everyone handles them situations in the same way, to some it can seem a lot more personal.

Charlie, as Steve has said we have a meeting with AC/the club this Saturday. These meetings will hopefully take place three or four times a year. I don't think they're meant as a free for all but more as another step to working as close as possible with each other.

If another fans forum is needed/wanted I can ask Paul if we can arrange one the next time he's over (I'd love to see Pedro there asking about American tax laws) in the meantime, if you have a serious question that I can help with just PM, text, e-mail, phone or see me at a game and I'll do my best to get an answer for you.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Pedro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:12 pm Unless you are from the USA and turn up outside the house with a pillowcase over your head and a burning cross in the lawn
You seriously are getting worse.



I haven't been asked to put this but I think it's worth saying. I was speaking to Paul last night (not directly about Saturday but it came up in the conversation) and he understands the frustration at the moment, he even understands why the three/four supporters did what they did.
Perhaps it wasn't the best way to vent their frustrations and perhaps at another time they might have just asked for a meeting with AC (I'd be more than happy to set one up) I think that would be a better way of doing things....but in the heat of the moment I suppose things are seen differently.
I do remember once talking to someone very involved in the club (unfair to mention names) and he said he was verbally attacked about the way he was handling something at the football, I knew from the way he was talking to me that that was the beginning of the end for him. Not everyone handles them situations in the same way, to some it can seem a lot more personal.

Charlie, as Steve has said we have a meeting with AC/the club this Saturday. These meetings will hopefully take place three or four times a year. I don't think they're meant as a free for all but more as another step to working as close as possible with each other.

If another fans forum is needed/wanted I can ask Paul if we can arrange one the next time he's over (I'd love to see Pedro there asking about American tax laws) in the meantime, if you have a serious question that I can help with just PM, text, e-mail, phone or see me at a game and I'll do my best to get an answer for you.
Firstly the reference to turning up outside a house was a joke as it seems ok to verbally abuse people like a former member of this forum ,me or anyone who disagree with the way the club is being run which is certainly not a positive.Its not Germany 1939
My view is if you say you are doing something like replacing players with equal or better you do it.
If one of the best managers goes after internal strife and you say you will replace with equal or better you do it and not a none proven manager
If your CEO suddenly goes is that not of concern?
As for your friend Paul why would I want to ask him about US tax he told us that it was tax deductible but it was to complicated for us fans to understand.
Maybe you need to talk to Boris Johnson he will explain it and how he had to give his US citizens ship because of tax liability he obviously knows alot to.
So please I am not bothered about anything but BAFC.
Never been a sycophantic though I respect others rights to be.
My real feeling we have be saved short-term

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by spirit of 1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 pm Firstly the reference to turning up outside a house was a joke as it seems ok to verbally abuse people like a former member of this forum ,me or anyone who disagree with the way the club is being run which is certainly not a positive.Its not Germany 1939
My view is if you say you are doing something like replacing players with equal or better you do it.
If one of the best managers goes after internal strife and you say you will replace with equal or better you do it and not a none proven manager
If your CEO suddenly goes is that not of concern?
As for your friend Paul why would I want to ask him about US tax he told us that it was tax deductible but it was to complicated for us fans to understand.
Maybe you need to talk to Boris Johnson he will explain it and how he had to give his US citizens ship because of tax liability he obviously knows alot to.
So please I am not bothered about anything but BAFC.
Never been a sycophantic though I respect others rights to be.
My real feeling we have be saved short-term
Why not just make this a "sticky" so you don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over......

BTW, some people might not find references to the KKK turning up on someone's lawn very funny.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Pedro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:37 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 pm Firstly the reference to turning up outside a house was a joke as it seems ok to verbally abuse people like a former member of this forum ,me or anyone who disagree with the way the club is being run which is certainly not a positive.Its not Germany 1939
My view is if you say you are doing something like replacing players with equal or better you do it.
If one of the best managers goes after internal strife and you say you will replace with equal or better you do it and not a none proven manager
If your CEO suddenly goes is that not of concern?
As for your friend Paul why would I want to ask him about US tax he told us that it was tax deductible but it was to complicated for us fans to understand.
Maybe you need to talk to Boris Johnson he will explain it and how he had to give his US citizens ship because of tax liability he obviously knows alot to.
So please I am not bothered about anything but BAFC.
Never been a sycophantic though I respect others rights to be.
My real feeling we have be saved short-term
Why not just make this a "sticky" so you don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over......

BTW, some people might not find references to the KKK turning up on someone's lawn very funny.
Just a right to reply sorry but it's a democracy

MikeRenney
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by MikeRenney » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:47 pm

I was trying to ignore a former member of this forum and Pedro but it is impossible, what utter drivel and invention they come out with. I will say they are fascinating in a way, you think they can't get any more ridiculous and then they effortlessly surpass themselves. You cannot reason with them as they are such gadflies they are only interested in quickly moving onto the next doom, gloom and catastrophe. The thing is when all their dire forecasts/predictions do not come to pass they quickly invent some more. The only thing to do with their posts is look and laugh, I would suspect that the board/owner do exactly that, if anyone can get them to be sensible, well, you must be able to plait sand.
I agree with everyone that the fans who abused the directors box and Andrew Casson were out of order. Spare me "we pay our money so can say what we want" on those terms Paul Casson has put more money in and can say and do what he wants. What they think the results this type of behaviour will achieve is a mystery to me. We the fans, board, owner and supporters are all Barrow AFC fans and no one is ripping the club off (in fact the reverse) so why can't everyone have an amicable discussion?
Last edited by MikeRenney on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4102
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Bingo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 pm

It's about time we all stopped insulting each other. We all want what is best for the club.

I support Barrow because of the people I've met and pals I've made, being part of a journey.

Ripping each other apart or making the forum all about certain users isn't very productive in fact it's gets a bit tiresome.

I would like to think that any genuine concerns could be brought up with the club and questions could be answered.

I noticed the club issued more shares recently (2.5 million ) guessing this equals Paul Cassons total investment so that the books balance the club now has 3,100,000 shares @ £1 each £3.1 million owned by Paul Casson

geobarrovian
Senior Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by geobarrovian » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Having read all of this I can't say I agree with the theory that a football club owner would consider leaving a football club after being shouted at by four angry fans in the immediate aftermath of a defeat during a difficult period for a club, sorry it is just not plausible.

Soulboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Soulboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 pm

I doubt it will happen. The owner will turn this around hopefully.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7147
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by blue nige » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Can't see the point of a meeting we had one pre season and the complete opposite has happened to what we were told!
You will be patronised as normal be told what you want to hear ( it's just like trying to get answers out of an M.P.)

The season is now going downhill rapid because of decisions which defy logic and I doubt we'll ever find out the reasons why.
Whether we like it or not , I for one will still go to every home game but of course I'm not happy but what can we realistically do?
The damage has been done but unless you attend a meeting armed with what you want (and let's be honest you are going to have to tell Paul casson and his son that they have messed everything up!).so as I said what can we achieve ?
There's 2 options stop supporting the club by not going to Holker street or attend the games and hope that somehow we get out of this mess shouting /abusing Andrew Casson will not change anything and if the same happens on Saturday it will just put off other people attending.
This isn't me going soft but people need to get a grip!
Last edited by blue nige on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fazered
Gold Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Fans Frustrations

Post by Fazered » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:45 am

How about everyone doing a reality check. With the Cassons here the club is financially stable. So go and shout at them, disillusion them, drive them out. Enjoy the fruits of your labour
Just say no to VAR :sentoff:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LDBF and 35 guests