Questions for Friday

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
EHB
Senior Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by EHB » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Why are so many so bothered About the director of football gig? Most clubs have them. It makes sense to have someone dealing with that side of the business.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:08 pm

EHB wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 pm Why are so many so bothered About the director of football gig? Most clubs have them. It makes sense to have someone dealing with that side of the business.
When you say most can you name some?

I'm under the belief there aren't many Head Coaches working with DOF's in this league for instance.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Hitthebar22
Silver Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by Hitthebar22 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:16 pm This is why I made the point earlier, there are now God knows how many questions in the last four pages, lots been edited creating even more. Who now decides what to ask or what can be fit in if we have time? What happens if half of these don't get asked......I, or someone else will be accused of picking and choosing.
It's good that someone (you?) is going to take the trouble to ask questions, rather than just a group having a go,making statements and being offensive. If not controlled by someone it has the potential to be just an angry mob against one man. AC has agreed there should be a question and answer session. That is seen as a step forward. If it works tomorrow there shouldn't be any reason not to have regular (3 monthly?) meetings to discuss "the state of the union". It's a real opportunity if AC approaches it in the right way too. If it's spoiled by inappropriate behaviour there won't be another.

Online
blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7131
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by blue nige » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:16 pm This is why I made the point earlier, there are now God knows how many questions in the last four pages, lots been edited creating even more. Who now decides what to ask or what can be fit in if we have time? What happens if half of these don't get asked......I, or someone else will be accused of picking and choosing.
It's good that someone (you?) is going to take the trouble to ask questions, rather than just a group having a go,making statements and being offensive. If not controlled by someone it has the potential to be just an angry mob against one man. AC has agreed there should be a question and answer session. That is seen as a step forward. If it works tomorrow there shouldn't be any reason not to have regular (3 monthly?) meetings to discuss "the state of the union". It's a real opportunity if AC approaches it in the right way too. If it's spoiled by inappropriate behaviour there won't be another.
Have you ever attended these meetings?, angry mob etc. get real I have very rarely witnessed anything remotely near this kind of behaviour, nothing major will come of this meeting, please remind me if I`m wrong! as for loads of questions these will be side-stepped if they are about individuals (confidentiality clauses etc.)

so I wouldn`t get too excited it`s just a PR stunt to pacify people who actually think they matter those days have long gone!

BAFC_98
Senior Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by BAFC_98 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Fylde have more money than us, this may suggest why they have "come further than us". And a former member of this forum, goal difference or not, the fact is they are still behind us in the league table yet they are so far ahead of us?

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by Pedro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:27 pm

When the Q& A have been held previously has a list of what the owner said he was trying to achieve been listed and has he achieved what he said or exceeded or failed to achieve.?
Q&,A need a guide to aims and achievements.
Let's see what objectives we hit .

mikemarshhewasgood
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by mikemarshhewasgood » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Do the club think they will act if it looks like we are doomed for relegation, if so what will they do? and will we know they’re doing it?

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by Pedro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:18 pm

mikemarshhewasgood wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:53 pm Do the club think they will act if it looks like we are doomed for relegation, if so what will they do? and will we know they’re doing it?
We were told we will get better players and a better Manager that was the promise where are we in the league?

mikemarshhewasgood
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by mikemarshhewasgood » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Not a valid question anyway this early on I suppose and a bit unfair at this stage of the season. I’m going to the meeting anyway should be lively

Online
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm It's good that someone (you?)
It won't be me mate, I have a Trust AGM to attend before the Q&A so I won't be hanging around all night. I spoke with Paul Hornby earlier and he will be "chairing" the Q&A.

I'll have to close this now (questions) as there are more than enough for me to sift through as it is. I haven't a clue how many we will get through or in what order, I'll try and sort that tonight, but I think the plan will be questions from the floor (as is only fair) and then if there are any pauses we'll start going through some of these. With a bit of luck people who attend will be asking similar questions as already raised on here.

I will try to include as wide a selection as possible. I will not leave any out that are possibly deemed as uncomfortable, whether they get answered or not is another matter as some will quite obviously be confidential - but that's not up to me to decide which.

I hope this is ok.......because if it isn't I haven't a clue how else to do it!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by K-Man » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:12 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 pm
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm It's good that someone (you?)
It won't be me mate, I have a Trust AGM to attend before the Q&A so I won't be hanging around all night. I spoke with Paul Hornby earlier and he will be "chairing" the Q&A.

I'll have to close this now (questions) as there are more than enough for me to sift through as it is. I haven't a clue how many we will get through or in what order, I'll try and sort that tonight, but I think the plan will be questions from the floor (as is only fair) and then if there are any pauses we'll start going through some of these. With a bit of luck people who attend will be asking similar questions as already raised on here.

I will try to include as wide a selection as possible. I will not leave any out that are possibly deemed as uncomfortable, whether they get answered or not is another matter as some will quite obviously be confidential - but that's not up to me to decide which.

I hope this is ok.......because if it isn't I haven't a clue how else to do it!
Good man.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Sounds spot on me to Spirit, cheers

Tommylad
Veteran Member
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 am
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by Tommylad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 am
17.Do all players have performance buy out clauses in their contracts? [who has and who hasn't currently?]
18.For those players with buy out clauses, is it ever possible to prevent them leaving if another club meets the price?
Great idea that. Let every other club in the country how much they can sign our players for 😉

conquistador
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 am
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by conquistador » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Someone needs to separate the open questions from the closed ones to get anything meaningful from the evening

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Questions for Friday

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Tommylad wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 am
17.Do all players have performance buy out clauses in their contracts? [who has and who hasn't currently?]
18.For those players with buy out clauses, is it ever possible to prevent them leaving if another club meets the price?
Great idea that. Let every other club in the country how much they can sign our players for 😉
Paul cox will already know

Post Reply