Quick decisions needed
Quick decisions needed
I was a little concerned to say the least with Andrew Cassons statement that they will not be rushed into making a hasty/quick decision regarding the next manager. I feel enough time has already gone by to work out the type on manager and, for that matter, Head of Football Operations (or whatever title you want to use for that one) is required. We are drifting on the playing side. Another defeat today at Ebbsfleet and a really challenging match on Tuesday at Chester does not help without having a manager sorted out quickly. If Chester beat us they will be above us with a game in hand and we are really in trouble..... I know I'm stating the obvious here!
I would like something done this week its no good talking about 96 points or whatever left to play for. We are in a dog fight and the rest of the league is getting away from us.
I would like something done this week its no good talking about 96 points or whatever left to play for. We are in a dog fight and the rest of the league is getting away from us.
Re: Quick decisions needed
Agree entirely. i would like to see a new manager come in this week and get straight to work sorting this mess out. News of ARH transfer request coming in tells us all we need to know about team morale right now.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Quick decisions needed
Agree. Would like a manager in this week. We can't wait another 3 games.....
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3508
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Quick decisions needed
Much better to take our time and do this right as this appointment is massive in how our season goes.
Re: Quick decisions needed
+1barrowfan_chris wrote: ↑Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 am Much better to take our time and do this right as this appointment is massive in how our season goes.
- walney rock
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 797
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm
- Location: windy walney
- Contact:
Re: Quick decisions needed
Must admit I have no faith in the ability of Andrew Casson to pick the right man for the job
Just my opinion
Re: Quick decisions needed
+1.walney rock wrote: ↑Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:54 pm Must admit I have no faith in the ability of Andrew Casson to pick the right man for the job
Needs someone with football experience. The Cassons own the club and therefore pull the strings.
They may have business experience but they haven't got football experience.
Re: Quick decisions needed
We've gotta get this one right otherwise it's going to be a very long painful season.
Re: Quick decisions needed
My feeling is the season is moving on. We have had a lot of time to make decisions. By appointing Moore must show the decision makers that that type of person was not right for us. So in a sense one decision has already been made and that should have been taken on board (he says hopefully...fingers crossed etc etc). So (and I could be a little naive here) we should have an idea of what type of manager we are now going for and decisions therefore should be a rather quicker than the last time. Maybe a Head of Football Operations position could be first - personally I feel we should make both appointments at the same time.barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 am+1barrowfan_chris wrote: ↑Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 am Much better to take our time and do this right as this appointment is massive in how our season goes.
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Quick decisions needed
As much as I see the Chester game as pivotal I think it's a worthwhile sacrifice to wait for the "two week gap" to get the right guy. I think it's a good move on the Cassons part. This could all be pointless if we appoint an absolute wally but I have faith we will appoint a decent manager this time around.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
Re: Quick decisions needed
+1Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 pm As much as I see the Chester game as pivotal I think it's a worthwhile sacrifice to wait for the "two week gap" to get the right guy. I think it's a good move on the Cassons part. This could all be pointless if we appoint an absolute wally but I have faith we will appoint a decent manager this time around.
I'd rather we explore all avenues this time round than hand it to the closest person who looks like a football manager.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Quick decisions needed
If our directors` can`t pick out a top 3 by now . we have no chance, people are dressing this up too much it`s not as if he`s going to run NASA !
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Quick decisions needed
Do you honestly think a panel of directors including let's say Andrew casson, Russ Dodd, Iain Rainford and Paul Hornby, have the requisite skills required without doing due diligence and taking their time to get background information to employ a football manager? Whether or not interviews have already taken place?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Louis29, Robwez10, steel panther and 20 guests