Safety Issues
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
I would prefer to take my chances sitting in the stand at Holker Street rather than think am I going to breathe in Legionnaires disease walking down an alley this "safety conscious" gang are responsible for.
Re: Safety Issues
It isn't the Council's fault, the club should know that public sector organisations can afford to have staff whose job is to ensure that boxes have been ticked and so club should have ensured that they had the necessary bits of paper to wave at these officials. It is a sad fact of modern business that having the paperwork is more important that what is actually done.
Last edited by Jim on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Safety Issues
Barrow Borough Council and Cumbria County Council are two different things.Holkerbird wrote: ↑Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:54 pm I would prefer to take my chances sitting in the stand at Holker Street rather than think am I going to breathe in Legionnaires disease walking down an alley this "safety conscious" gang are responsible for.
Re: Safety Issues
Amazing that people think the blame can lie anywhere but with the club.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
Council officers will ensure the letter of the law is followed because if they don't and something unfortunate happens you can bet your life there would be a cry for blame to be apportioned. I don't blame them for covering their backs. Casson jnr should have been on top of this instead of trying to scatter slurry far and wide.
It all comes 'round again.
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
Amen brother!!Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:08 pm Council officers will ensure the letter of the law is followed because if they don't and something unfortunate happens you can bet your life there would be a cry for blame to be apportioned. I don't blame them for covering their backs. Casson jnr should have been on top of this instead of trying to scatter slurry far and wide.
He who urinates into the wind this weather may look like he has gotten away with it as it will quickly dry in, but alas the stench remains. Come clean man and have some dignity!!
Last edited by McMark on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
This is an absolute appalling situation to be in , when they have a board meeting part of it is dedicated to any Health &Safety issues etc.,the Safety Officer should then give a resume of any outstanding / forthcoming possible problems, this is just basic run of the mill stuff and whoever is nominated for Health &Safety should either resign or be sacked!
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
Alhosk wrote: ↑Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 pm Amazing that people think the blame can lie anywhere but with the club.
The responsibility lies with the club to have the i's dotted and t 's crossed. Its the ridiculous tripping over weeds scenario that gets me. I just wish she could have the same powers over the county council to make sure we are safe walking along the weed strewn pavements.
I hope the lady in charge of the inspection returns from her holiday on time on the 9th and does us a huge favour and gets us signed off.
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
Embarrassing. Can’t get the basics right.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Safety Issues
Erm.....they did highlight it......If it's chosen to be ignored by the MD then there's not a lot you can do...blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:21 pm This is an absolute appalling situation to be in , when they have a board meeting part of it is dedicated to any Health &Safety issues etc.,the Safety Officer should then give a resume of any outstanding / forthcoming possible problems, this is just basic run of the mill stuff and whoever is nominated for Health &Safety should either resign or be sacked!
Re: Safety Issues
Right Jim.Jim wrote: ↑Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:40 pm It isn't the Council's fault, the club should know that public sector organisations can afford to have staff whose job is to ensure that boxes have been ticked and so club should have ensured that they had the necessary bits of paper to wave at these officials. It is a sad fact of modern business that having the paperwork is more important that what is actually done.
I once remember being in an organisation that needed to produce a safety certificate, and the official who wanted it said "it doesn't matter what it says as long as you have one!"
Re: Safety Issues
I live in Blackpool and have done since the year they were relegated from the premiership. The way Andrew goes about his business is straight out of the Karl oyston handbook. And it scares me
I want to make it clear. I’m very grateful to Paul. I have faith in his motives for taking the club on. I’m just disappointed he has taken a back seat. And even more so that he “seems” to keep letting Andrew get away with murder. Andrew doesn’t show any love for this club. He doesn’t show a true desire to connect with the fans or the town. And I think that’s down to the fact he just doesn’t get it!!
This is just one of the many EMBARRASING things to happen to us as a club over the last 12 months. It will be in the non league paper and will be on every non league forum nationwide by now too.
I thought we had completed it mate!!!! Evatt the new boss. A couple of tasty signings and renewed optimism in the air. Then BOOM heeeeeeres Andrew!
Seriously Paul how long?
I want to make it clear. I’m very grateful to Paul. I have faith in his motives for taking the club on. I’m just disappointed he has taken a back seat. And even more so that he “seems” to keep letting Andrew get away with murder. Andrew doesn’t show any love for this club. He doesn’t show a true desire to connect with the fans or the town. And I think that’s down to the fact he just doesn’t get it!!
This is just one of the many EMBARRASING things to happen to us as a club over the last 12 months. It will be in the non league paper and will be on every non league forum nationwide by now too.
I thought we had completed it mate!!!! Evatt the new boss. A couple of tasty signings and renewed optimism in the air. Then BOOM heeeeeeres Andrew!
Seriously Paul how long?
Re: Safety Issues
Leave Andrew alone fellas
It's not his fault he's been mistreated by the nasty people.
It's not his fault he's been mistreated by the nasty people.
Re: Safety Issues
Andrew stop bullshitting man up or [SwearFilter] off
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests