Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
Plenty of clubs in our league would love to average 1300
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
A few would. That is the 17th highest out of 24!HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:30 pm Plenty of clubs in our league would love to average 1300
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
And as for the answer I would say these days the stadium is the main problem, people just don’t expect to go to football and have to take a slash outside up a wall etc etc. We’d have to do something radical like £100 season tickets to get large numbers back in
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
And they would still have to slash against a wall, or on the grandstand side go into a cubicle where the pan is full of shit marks and has not been cleaned for weeks!HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 pm And as for the answer I would say these days the stadium is the main problem, people just don’t expect to go to football and have to take a slash outside up a wall etc etc. We’d have to do something radical like £100 season tickets to get large numbers back in
Last edited by barrowfan on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
Still in the dark...could you elaborate?mall wrote: ↑Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:30 pmwith pleasure...Green ...Cabbage looking.The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:07 pm Do I believe them? Yes I do - because they are friends who used to stand on The Holker End with me watching the team play in the old 3rd and 4th division of the FL.
Those friends know others who've also stated they won't return until we're back in the FL.
It's their choice.
Could you explain what you mean by: 'It seems to me that you've spent far too much time on a banana boat'...![]()
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
So these people have slowly turned into old men and not set foot into Holker Street Barrow since 1972. Brilliant, a great show of fortitude. Although have you not yet suspected that they probably are not really that interested anymore, you know after nearly 50 years and upwards of 1200 opportunities to go to the game.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
Perhaps people could clean their own mess up before they leave the cubicle as there are toilet brushes in there. I shopped for them. Would they leave the toilet at home like that? Well sometimes I wonder.!!!!!barrowfan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 pmAnd they would still have to slash against a wall, or on the grandstand side go into a cubicle where the pan is full of shit marks and has not been cleaned for weeks!HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 pm And as for the answer I would say these days the stadium is the main problem, people just don’t expect to go to football and have to take a slash outside up a wall etc etc. We’d have to do something radical like £100 season tickets to get large numbers back in
I was informed yesterday that the toilets at Chorley were worse than ours.
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
Sorry but I'm not cleaning up after people who have left excrement before me and nor should I be expected to, especially when I don't use the toilets for that purpose. In any case the seats are broken and not fit to sit on! Just because the toilets at Chorley are worse than ours is no excuse for the MD or one of his staff to do something about it at Holker Street. Are the womens' toilets the same Holkerbird?Holkerbird wrote: ↑Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 amPerhaps people could clean their own mess up before they leave the cubicle as there are toilet brushes in there. I shopped for them. Would they leave the toilet at home like that? Well sometimes I wonder.!!!!!
I was informed yesterday that the toilets at Chorley were worse than ours.![]()
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
If you read the post Barrowfan I was saying whoever made the mess should clean up after themselves. As the voluntary cleaner I did clean the toilets after other people and to be honest I very rarely found them in a mess---much to my surprise. I am disappointed the toilet issue hasn't been addressed as that was one of the topics Paul Casson seemed to focus on at the Forum meeting.barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 pmSorry but I'm not cleaning up after people who have left excrement before me and nor should I be expected to, especially when I don't use the toilets for that purpose. In any case the seats are broken and not fit to sit on! Just because the toilets at Chorley are worse than ours is no excuse for the MD or one of his staff to do something about it at Holker Street. Are the womens' toilets the same Holkerbird?Holkerbird wrote: ↑Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 am
Perhaps people could clean their own mess up before they leave the cubicle as there are toilet brushes in there. I shopped for them. Would they leave the toilet at home like that? Well sometimes I wonder.!!!!!
I was informed yesterday that the toilets at Chorley were worse than ours.![]()
![]()
I can't comment on the ladies toilets because I never use them.
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
I wonder if the people who leave their turds have access to hand soap?Holkerbird wrote: ↑Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 amPerhaps people could clean their own mess up before they leave the cubicle as there are toilet brushes in there. I shopped for them. Would they leave the toilet at home like that? Well sometimes I wonder.!!!!!
I was informed yesterday that the toilets at Chorley were worse than ours.![]()
I hope they don't buy crisps and offer the bag round...
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
Don't think there is any soap or paper towels etc. and I'm talking about the grandstand side, not that it should make a difference. The state of the toilets is an absolute disgrace, and it looks like nobody cleans them between matches.The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:23 pmI wonder if the people who leave their turds have access to hand soap?Holkerbird wrote: ↑Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 am
Perhaps people could clean their own mess up before they leave the cubicle as there are toilet brushes in there. I shopped for them. Would they leave the toilet at home like that? Well sometimes I wonder.!!!!!
I was informed yesterday that the toilets at Chorley were worse than ours.![]()
![]()
I hope they don't buy crisps and offer the bag round...![]()
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
When I did the voluntary cleaning I bought the soap, toilet paper and cleaning fluids out of my own pocket. The club bought the hand towels. Mostly in the pre Casson days.
I always carry my own hand sanitizer. Pocket size are readily available in shops.
I always carry my own hand sanitizer. Pocket size are readily available in shops.
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
I think it's very laudable that you did all that but let's not forget that Barrow AFC is a business. How many businesses in town have toilet facilities as bad as AFC?Holkerbird wrote: ↑Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 pm When I did the voluntary cleaning I bought the soap, toilet paper and cleaning fluids out of my own pocket. The club bought the hand towels. Mostly in the pre Casson days.
I always carry my own hand sanitizer. Pocket size are readily available in shops.
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
Obviously you have never been in the Knights on Dalkeith St after midnight.
-
BahamasBluebird
- Senior Member
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 pm
- Location: Funchal, Madeira
- Contact:
Re: Best for 50 years? In some ways, YES
I can assure you that they are cleaned between matches barrowfan - because I'm the one that does them! A "proper" deep clean and possibly painting is something I'll be trying to get done this week too. If anyone would be willing to help with that then send me a PM.barrowfan wrote: ↑Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:57 pmDon't think there is any soap or paper towels etc. and I'm talking about the grandstand side, not that it should make a difference. The state of the toilets is an absolute disgrace, and it looks like nobody cleans them between matches.The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:23 pm
I wonder if the people who leave their turds have access to hand soap?![]()
I hope they don't buy crisps and offer the bag round...![]()
New soap dispensers and paper towels holders etc were installed recently in all of the permanent toilets around the ground and in the crossbar building, as well as automatic air fresheners. The portable ones are restocked with paper towels & soap etc before matches as well.
The toilets, especially the portable ones, are far from ideal, there is no getting away from that - particularly on the popular side. With no proper sewage or water connections on that side, portable solutions are the only options for now, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that it's something that needs changing.
The Bluebirds Trust recently contacted Andrew Casson about several issues, including toilets, he replied to them in full so I'm sure they will share his response with everyone soon.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: beachy01, bluessupporter, Cubbins Paratrooper and 17 guests