Maidenhead v Barrow
-
Colin Appleton
- Senior Member
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
I've noticed in Manager and Board interviews there's often a reference about uncovering debts. I thought the previous regime had left the club "debt free" I thought that had been what had been implied when the new board took over but from listening to recent interviews that appears not to have been the case.
Last edited by Colin Appleton on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Debt free is anything between 100K & 200K depending on who you believe.The Cassons have a lot to answer for!!Colin Appleton wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 pm I've noticed in Manager and Board interviews there's often a reference about uncovering debts. I thought the previous regime had left the club "debt free" I thought that had been what had been implied when the new board took over but from listening to recent interviews that appears not to have been the case.
Billy Blue
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
We might not be a good team, but we are far from a poor team. Considering all things, we've done ok the season. I've said it numerous times, consistency at this level is what wins you titles. Any team is capable of beating another 'on their day' .. the sides who win or go up just do it more often. Evatt is on a learning curve as a manager, and coupled with whats gone on with is as a club over the last 18 months, I think we are in a good position.. Let's judge next year..boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:08 pmThe Buzzard wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm Why oh why does the manager persist with 3 at the back & 2 wing backsyes there have been occasions where this system has been successful against certain teams but overall it’s cost us valuable points,IMO we have looked more solid at the back, created more chances & had more success playing 4-3-3
![]()
Incorrect
But also as I said last week after the Dover debacle, we are just not a good team.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Did anyone at the start of the season expect us to potentially finish in 11th place with everything that has gone on at the club this year? I know I didn't. Have we had a settled side? No. Injuries and loanees coming and going make for many changes.
We have been very lucky with the loanees we have had (apart from one who was soon despatched back to where he came from) but they can be recalled back to their parent clubs which leads to uncertainty.
Most of our players have stepped up leagues and have given their all. Over the season they have played entertaining football and appeared to be fitter by a country mile than last seasons lot. Frustrating in the goal scoring department but there have been some edge of the seat moments.
A refreshing change not to be watching stressed out wondering if we are going to be relegated.
We are a work.in progress.
We have been very lucky with the loanees we have had (apart from one who was soon despatched back to where he came from) but they can be recalled back to their parent clubs which leads to uncertainty.
Most of our players have stepped up leagues and have given their all. Over the season they have played entertaining football and appeared to be fitter by a country mile than last seasons lot. Frustrating in the goal scoring department but there have been some edge of the seat moments.
A refreshing change not to be watching stressed out wondering if we are going to be relegated.
We are a work.in progress.
-
Jo am back
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Think you have redeemed yourself there Elaine after the kit supplier debate,your absolutely bang on.Holkerbird wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 pm Did anyone at the start of the season expect us to potentially finish in 11th place with everything that has gone on at the club this year? I know I didn't. Have we had a settled side? No. Injuries and loanees coming and going make for many changes.
We have been very lucky with the loanees we have had (apart from one who was soon despatched back to where he came from) but they can be recalled back to their parent clubs which leads to uncertainty.
Most of our players have stepped up leagues and have given their all. Over the season they have played entertaining football and appeared to be fitter by a country mile than last seasons lot. Frustrating in the goal scoring department but there have been some edge of the seat moments.
A refreshing change not to be watching stressed out wondering if we are going to be relegated.
We are a work.in progress.
Last edited by Jo am back on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Think we have to put it in the past and look to survive financially snd organise a team for next season.BillyBlue wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:41 pmDebt free is anything between 100K & 200K depending on who you believe.The Cassons have a lot to answer for!!Colin Appleton wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 pm I've noticed in Manager and Board interviews there's often a reference about uncovering debts. I thought the previous regime had left the club "debt free" I thought that had been what had been implied when the new board took over but from listening to recent interviews that appears not to have been the case.
I complained alot about Casson for the promises he was naive and it soon became. clear he did not have the money to deliver what he promised .
We are not in the same position as when Vaughan left.
Its abundantly clear next season will be critical let's hope we have a decent run in the FA cup which could provide income to fund us for a couple of years of we draw a big team
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
I noticed IE mentioned the new owners having a lot more to cope with than they expected.
However, the Cassons did get one thing right though - appointing IE.
Last edited by Jim on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Colin Appleton
- Senior Member
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
I seem to recall the Cassons buying the club for what Holker Street was valued at the time. I think the sum of 630 thousand was mentioned. The new owners which of course also includes the Trust, paid, I think I'm right in suggesting, 500k so maybe this came with some debt. As in the Cassons wanted their full purchase price back If that was the case it's clearly not been made clear to the new board because I get the impression from hearing interviews with Ian Evatt and the Board the club have uncovered a number of debts over the last few months they were unaware of when they took over.
Last edited by Colin Appleton on Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
As far as I understand the 500k was not handed to the Cassons it was to be used to complete this season, the new owners seem to be trying to put things in place to make the club more sustainableColin Appleton wrote: ↑Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:22 pm I seem to recall the Cassons buying the club for what Holker Street was valued at the time. I think the sum of 630 thousand was mentioned. The new owners which of course also includes the Trust, paid, I think I'm right in suggesting, 500k so maybe this came with some debt. As in the Cassons wanted their full purchase price back If that was the case it's clearly not been made clear to the new board because I get the impression from hearing interviews with Ian Evatt and the Board the club have uncovered a number of debts over the last few months they were unaware of when they took over.
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Maybe in the close season, the full extent of the financial situation will be known. I suspect we had / have a number of bills to settle.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7132
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Why oh why are we still banging on about debt the owners have said it's manageable albeit carrying over to next season.
It seems people on here seem to love to keep looking for negativity FOR GOD'S SAKE MOVE ON !
It seems people on here seem to love to keep looking for negativity FOR GOD'S SAKE MOVE ON !
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8338
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Because we thought we were debt free and we’re not. It will affect the budget for next season
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7132
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
And you know that because......................?HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:44 pmBecause we thought we were debt free and we’re not. It will affect the budget for next season
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
My understanding is that the Cassons put in around £3M and haven’t put that debt onto the club.
Any debts they have left must tail into insignificance if that figure is true, but hey why be positive when you can moan and groan all the time?
Any debts they have left must tail into insignificance if that figure is true, but hey why be positive when you can moan and groan all the time?
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7132
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Maidenhead v Barrow
Exactly!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest