Players linked thread
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Bennett isn’t an Evatt type of player. He was a Cox special - scrapping for long balls and being physical, and got often got lucky for tap ins.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.
Re: Players linked thread
Jack Doyle from Blackburn.
-
the ray wilkie stand
- Member
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
What on earth is blyth then? If Bennett is evatts type of player.Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Mon May 06, 2019 8:43 pm Bennett isn’t an Evatt type of player. He was a Cox special - scrapping for long balls and being physical, and got often got lucky for tap ins.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.
Re: Players linked thread
Typical comments on here - good player is now shit because he's moved on to a higher level/better things.
Popular side since '03.
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
I presume you meant “isn’t” not “is”the ray wilkie stand wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 amWhat on earth is blyth then? If Bennett is evatts type of player.Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Mon May 06, 2019 8:43 pm Bennett isn’t an Evatt type of player. He was a Cox special - scrapping for long balls and being physical, and got often got lucky for tap ins.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.
I don’t think Bennet is Evatt’s type of player, as I said.
I don’t think Blyth is either - Evatt has hardly played him since he got fit. From what I’ve seen he isn’t very skilful, and he’s a bit lazy.
Notable that he’s not on the retained list.
I’ll eat my words if Evatt decides to keep him.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
He is one of the players that has been offered terms for next season
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Do words taste nice?
- walney rock
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 797
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm
- Location: windy walney
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Personally I'd have Bennett over Blyth any day of the week
Just my opinion
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
So would I, but Bennett wouldn't be within budget.
-
BAFC_Lewis
- Senior Member
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!
Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
Last edited by BAFC_Lewis on Tue May 07, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Was great for us, but coming up to 35 yrs old now and is probably better sticking to the level he is now, National league North.BAFC_Lewis wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Thought we were looking forward..not back?BAFC_Lewis wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!
Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
What year is it?BAFC_Lewis wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!
Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Players linked thread
Agreed. Bennett is a far better player than Blyth. I would think he will be picked up by a Division 2 club.walney rock wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm Personally I'd have Bennett over Blyth any day of the week
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 8 guests