Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
So pleased for Dior, he needed that. A lot of players would have wilted under the pressure of not scoring but he hasn’t - at all.
Great result, I thought this would be the big test and we passed it with flying colours.
We all have to do our bit now and drag a couple more along this coming week. I got two to attend last week and they’ve already said they’ll be back on Tuesday, so it can be done, people just need to see what’s happening for themselves.
1500....that’d be fantastic.
Great result, I thought this would be the big test and we passed it with flying colours.
We all have to do our bit now and drag a couple more along this coming week. I got two to attend last week and they’ve already said they’ll be back on Tuesday, so it can be done, people just need to see what’s happening for themselves.
1500....that’d be fantastic.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
blumooncrab
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1013
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
Awesome !!
In Quigley , we have the league’s top scorer , who also has top goals per minute record . Beaten top team away from home on a plastic pitch . Never beaten them before. Long way to go and our form can only get worse (!) but we can dream !
Get you aunts uncles cats dogs chickens and ducks down to Holker St on Tuesday -
Come on Barrow !!!!!!!
In Quigley , we have the league’s top scorer , who also has top goals per minute record . Beaten top team away from home on a plastic pitch . Never beaten them before. Long way to go and our form can only get worse (!) but we can dream !
Get you aunts uncles cats dogs chickens and ducks down to Holker St on Tuesday -
Come on Barrow !!!!!!!
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
This result today will have them all sat up taking notice.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
Honestly hard to describe this at the moment.
Today was probably up there for away performances by a Barrow side.
Trying to remain calm but honestly lets get Holker street filled this coming week.
Bluebirds
Today was probably up there for away performances by a Barrow side.
Trying to remain calm but honestly lets get Holker street filled this coming week.
Bluebirds
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
Cannot wait for Tuesday night. Games cannot come quick enough and it will be bouncing!!
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
“Intricate passing in the final third and a threaded through ball found the feet of striker Dior Angus, who was able to slot the ball in off the far post”
LOVE IT!
LOVE IT!
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
Our run of form has caused the system to crash
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
May the system be down all season, then! 
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
This is quite amazing! 3 wins in the 4 games I've seen.
All good performances at Woking, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and now Bromley. Even the one lost at Woking shouldn't have been and I would be absolutely certain that if Platt had been playing we wouldn't have lost.
Also, as a bonus, Angus performed well for the first time I've seen him although I still don't think he's a great footballer. However, he is quick and today that was very useful.
I've now seen Barrow play 4 teams and in every match, Barrow have been miles ahead of the opposition in terms of playing football. The style of football is brilliant for this level and I would be amazed if there is a better football team in this league.
We have some very decent footballers and I would pick out Rooney, Barry, Hardcastle, Dyson and Quigley in particular as players with good feet and intelligence. Dixon has also been excellent in every match, while Hird and Brough have been solid. Angus has the pace which none of the others can match and Taylor is a superb tackler and covers everything. If you add Platt who is the best central defender by a distance that I have seen in any of the 4 matches then it's a very good team.
The only slight criticisms I would make today were that Ian Evatt made substitutions which didn't really looked necessary. I could why he brought Hardcastle off because he had never stopped running when he was on the field. However, unless Quigley was injured, I wouldn't have taken him off the field as he caused Bromley problems constantly. I also wouldn't have taken Angus off as his pace worried them time and time again. My other criticism was that Barrow stopped playing football after about 75 mins after completely dominating the match. We had dominating the match by passing the ball and, to be perfectly honest, they could hardly get a kick. When they did, there only method of attacking was to lump it up the pitch where Platt won everything. Around the 75 min mark we started to copy them and hit the ball long allowing them the possession they hadn't been able to get previously.
It seems very strange to be able to say truthfully that in the 3 wins against Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and Bromley the only disappointment is that we haven't won the matches by the scores we should have done because we have completely outplayed all of those 3 teams andreally should have won all 3 games by 2 or 3 clear goals!
This team certainly deserves more support. I would pay to watch this type of football even if the team lost matches because it is a pleasure to see a team at this level pass the ball with confidence. Ian Evatt deserves tremendous credit for getting a team to play in this way.
All good performances at Woking, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and now Bromley. Even the one lost at Woking shouldn't have been and I would be absolutely certain that if Platt had been playing we wouldn't have lost.
Also, as a bonus, Angus performed well for the first time I've seen him although I still don't think he's a great footballer. However, he is quick and today that was very useful.
I've now seen Barrow play 4 teams and in every match, Barrow have been miles ahead of the opposition in terms of playing football. The style of football is brilliant for this level and I would be amazed if there is a better football team in this league.
We have some very decent footballers and I would pick out Rooney, Barry, Hardcastle, Dyson and Quigley in particular as players with good feet and intelligence. Dixon has also been excellent in every match, while Hird and Brough have been solid. Angus has the pace which none of the others can match and Taylor is a superb tackler and covers everything. If you add Platt who is the best central defender by a distance that I have seen in any of the 4 matches then it's a very good team.
The only slight criticisms I would make today were that Ian Evatt made substitutions which didn't really looked necessary. I could why he brought Hardcastle off because he had never stopped running when he was on the field. However, unless Quigley was injured, I wouldn't have taken him off the field as he caused Bromley problems constantly. I also wouldn't have taken Angus off as his pace worried them time and time again. My other criticism was that Barrow stopped playing football after about 75 mins after completely dominating the match. We had dominating the match by passing the ball and, to be perfectly honest, they could hardly get a kick. When they did, there only method of attacking was to lump it up the pitch where Platt won everything. Around the 75 min mark we started to copy them and hit the ball long allowing them the possession they hadn't been able to get previously.
It seems very strange to be able to say truthfully that in the 3 wins against Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and Bromley the only disappointment is that we haven't won the matches by the scores we should have done because we have completely outplayed all of those 3 teams andreally should have won all 3 games by 2 or 3 clear goals!
This team certainly deserves more support. I would pay to watch this type of football even if the team lost matches because it is a pleasure to see a team at this level pass the ball with confidence. Ian Evatt deserves tremendous credit for getting a team to play in this way.
Last edited by russell_anderson on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
What has happened to the club highlights?
I work away, so i may have missed the reason why there are none on youtube anymore
I work away, so i may have missed the reason why there are none on youtube anymore
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
Matt who used to prepare them now has his own business so doesn't have time to do them anymore. Such a shame as they were great to watch.
Re: Bromley v Barrow Match Thread
Only reason I can see for these changes is Ian is thinking ahead for Tuesday, Bromley weren't looking like a threat until they scored in the 80'th minute, and he knows the ground tires players out so he was pre emptively taking them off for fatigue and injuryrussell_anderson wrote: ↑Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:02 pm This is quite amazing! 3 wins in the 4 games I've seen.
All good performances at Woking, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and now Bromley. Even the one lost at Woking shouldn't have been and I would be absolutely certain that if Platt had been playing we wouldn't have lost.
Also, as a bonus, Angus performed well for the first time I've seen him although I still don't think he's a great footballer. However, he is quick and today that was very useful.
I've now seen Barrow play 4 teams and in every match, Barrow have been miles ahead of the opposition in terms of playing football. The style of football is brilliant for this level and I would be amazed if there is a better football team in this league.
We have some very decent footballers and I would pick out Rooney, Barry, Hardcastle, Dyson and Quigley in particular as players with good feet and intelligence. Dixon has also been excellent in every match, while Hird and Brough have been solid. Angus has the pace which none of the others can match and Taylor is a superb tackler and covers everything. If you add Platt who is the best central defender by a distance that I have seen in any of the 4 matches then it's a very good team.
The only slight criticisms I would make today were that Ian Evatt made substitutions which didn't really looked necessary. I could why he brought Hardcastle off because he had never stopped running when he was on the field. However, unless Quigley was injured, I wouldn't have taken him off the field as he caused Bromley problems constantly. I also wouldn't have taken Angus off as his pace worried them time and time again. My other criticism was that Barrow stopped playing football after about 75 mins after completely dominating the match. We had dominating the match by passing the ball and, to be perfectly honest, they could hardly get a kick. When they did, there only method of attacking was to lump it up the pitch where Platt won everything. Around the 75 min mark we started to copy them and hit the ball long allowing them the possession they hadn't been able to get previously.
It seems very strange to be able to say truthfully that in the 3 wins against Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and Bromley the only disappointment is that we haven't won the matches by the scores we should have done because we have completely outplayed all of those 3 teams andreally should have won all 3 games by 2 or 3 clear goals!
This team certainly deserves more support. I would pay to watch this type of football even if the team lost matches because it is a pleasure to see a team at this level pass the ball with confidence. Ian Evatt deserves tremendous credit for getting a team to play in this way.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest