Post
by Jim » Mon May 04, 2020 11:06 am
The more comments I read in the press, the more I am inclined to the view that the whole 2019-2020 football season at all levels should be declared over and the efforts of the various governing bodies should be devoted to agreeing the least worst outcome regarding promotion and relegation.
Having said that, looking at the various, and often conflicting, bits of medical opinion, I also think that at some point we all have to accept that the virus is going to be around for a long time, that probably many more people are/have been infected than the figures show, without any serious symptoms, and therefore we must all resume normal life and accept the risk of infection.
IMO, the past season should be concluded ASAP, teams should know where they will be playing next season and can plan accordingly, and next season should resume in September, or at latest October, with no restrictions.