Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Adam29 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Think we drew our own N&V box - not confirmed of course
Steeley wrote: ↑Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm
chipmunx wrote: ↑Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:36 pm and Halifax

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/playoff-update/
Any information on which way we are voting?

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by GTBLUE » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm having my
BARROW AFC
NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
2020
flag printed as I post.

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by mall » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 am

GTBLUE wrote: ↑Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 pm I'm having my
BARROW AFC
NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
2020
flag printed as I post.
I like the sound of that.
I think it would be a good idea for the club itself to fly a champions flag/promotion flag over Holker Street 'as soon as' it is announced,! rather than waiting for the new season to start.

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by GTBLUE » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 am

mall wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 am
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 pm I'm having my
BARROW AFC
NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
2020
flag printed as I post.
I like the sound of that.
I think it would be a good idea for the club itself to fly a champions flag/promotion flag over Holker Street 'as soon as' it is announced,! rather than waiting for the new season to start.
I'm sure the league will send the club the Champions flag after tomorrow !
I might be wrong, but I'm sure the flagpole has been taken down.I can"t remember seeing it in the corner by the away supporters section.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Jonty » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:43 am

Keeping my eye on the Exit poll....

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... nal+League
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Hadrian » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am

GTBLUE wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 am I'm sure the league will send the club the Champions flag after tomorrow !
I might be wrong, but I'm sure the flagpole has been taken down.I can"t remember seeing it in the corner by the away supporters section.
I think you are correct. Not sure whether that was for storage or because of failure.

If the latter, I would be happy to put something towards the GMV kitty towards replacing it (perhaps with a slightly taller model).
THE NORTHERN WAY

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Suffolk Blue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:36 am

This is a bit like waiting for the votes to be cast during Eurovision - a case of "Le Canton de Notingham - Un point; Les villages de Kirkham et Wesham - Nul points"

If you need anything to take your mind off the defeaning silence, Macclesfield is currently on Centre Court as we speak arguing for another (12th?) adjournment of their case after which you might hear something from the Disciplinary tribunal.

Azrael
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Azrael » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:48 am

You aren't thinking this through...

NL Null and void - EFL miffed - EFL scrap promotion / relegation from / to NL - Barrow invited into FL replace Bury - Can't get relegated back to NL in future

Up the perma-league Bluebirds
Last edited by Azrael on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:07 am

Hadrian wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 am
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 am I'm sure the league will send the club the Champions flag after tomorrow !
I might be wrong, but I'm sure the flagpole has been taken down.I can"t remember seeing it in the corner by the away supporters section.
I think you are correct. Not sure whether that was for storage or because of failure.

If the latter, I would be happy to put something towards the GMV kitty towards replacing it (perhaps with a slightly taller model).
A new flagpole has been acquired, we’ll hopefully have it in position in the next couple of months.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Cubbins Paratrooper
Silver Member
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: NW London
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:34 am

Thank goodness for that. The flag is always a good indicator of breeze direction and strength.

Might be a good idea though not to place it in the previous spot (the away fans area). I remember back in the League days, the flag being quickly lowered and removed by some Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic supporters. It happened around 2.15pm and the local crew supping in The Regal, had not turned up by then!

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Adam29 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am

Hereford have today publicly backed the resolution.

Didn’t Alanis Morissette once write a song about things like this......

RedWeb
Veteran Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by RedWeb » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:39 am

Adam29 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am Hereford have today publicly backed the resolution.
They owed us one.

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Suffolk Blue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:54 am

Adam29 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am Hereford have today publicly backed the resolution.

Didn’t Alanis Morissette once write a song about things like this......
Take it you're not referring to her song "Reasons I drink"?

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by chipmunx » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:55 am

Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:54 am
Adam29 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 am Hereford have today publicly backed the resolution.

Didn’t Alanis Morissette once write a song about things like this......
Take it you're not referring to her song "Reasons I drink"?
promotion would be reason enough...
Lancashire;- born and bred

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by mickycarrol » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:20 pm

"We're on our way, we're on our way, to the football league we're on our way...…….."
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: behind the goals, saltcellar, Scott5 and 20 guests