Ian Evatt

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Bingo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm

I don't know why he would want to join the shit show at Bolton if he manages to get them promoted people will say that's to be expected, more likely he'd go and be just another in a long line of bosses.

I'd like to think he would want a crack in the league with Barrow,

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:34 am

Tough decision if indeed IE has a decision to make. Bolton would be precarious I think whereas he could have long term employment with us. Further (and I can't believe I'm typing this) Bolton could be Non League after the next season if they continue on their current course. It happened to Stockport and it happened to Tranmere, big Lancashire clubs. Old innit game funny?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by mickycarrol » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:34 am

Can’t compare the Flyde approach to a approach from Bolton one is a millionaires play thing that’s existed about 5 years and has a fan base of 500 and play in a one sided Lego ground and one has a football history going back since the start of football itself.Former Prem club, unbelievable ground and support.

Praying he isn’t interested given their financial issues and transfer embargo but this could tempt any manager at this level.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:50 am

Great interview with Evatt on the website; I know this isn’t a new revelation but he really does speak well

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am

mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:34 am Can’t compare the Flyde approach to a approach from Bolton one is a millionaires play thing that’s existed about 5 years and has a fan base of 500 and play in a one sided Lego ground and one has a football history going back since the start of football itself.Former Prem club, unbelievable ground and support.

Praying he isn’t interested given their financial issues and transfer embargo but this could tempt any manager at this level.
Totally agree. This sort of job offer to a manager at this level will/would be massive. Turning the fortunes of a struggling NL club around in two years to the tempting task of doing the same to a club like Bolton would be huge to most managers.
Let’s just hope any compensation package in place puts Bolton off taking their interest any further.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Bingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 am

I know Bolton are a very big club they are now the same league as Barrow they might be a massive club compared to us.. I would understand anyone's head being turned but it would not be secure employment at Bolton

RedWeb
Veteran Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by RedWeb » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 am

Whatever happens we need to know quickly. If he wants to go then he should just go. Our only concern is Barrow and if we have to go through the managerial recruitment process then we have to be allowed to do that as soon as possible.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am

RedWeb wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 am Whatever happens we need to know quickly. If he wants to go then he should just go. Our only concern is Barrow and if we have to go through the managerial recruitment process then we have to be allowed to do that as soon as possible.
True but I don't think it will be that urgent to be honest. We will do well to see a game before the year is out I think.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by mall » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:58 am

Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:08 pm
"He's now 10/11 on odds on favourite, and after hearing he or his agent have spoken to the club, I believe he will be unfolded as our next manager."

I believe that none of us 'really know' one way or the other including this so called 'Bolton fan' but, if this 'IS' the case then, our board should have a good idea that he is leaving us and be making preparations accordingly.
If it turns out to be true-will be a sad day indeed after all the celebrations.

RedWeb
Veteran Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by RedWeb » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:09 am

Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am True but I don't think it will be that urgent to be honest. We will do well to see a game before the year is out I think.
Not sure. The speed with which Dom and Boris are accelerating through the easing of lockdown suggests otherwise. There's also talk of 5000 crowds being allowed in France shortly. I think the season will start late, but probably with some sort of crowds allowed. Whether I think that's the right approach is kinda irrelevant :?

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Bingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am

RedWeb wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:09 am
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am True but I don't think it will be that urgent to be honest. We will do well to see a game before the year is out I think.
Not sure. The speed with which Dom and Boris are accelerating through the easing of lockdown suggests otherwise. There's also talk of 5000 crowds being allowed in France shortly. I think the season will start late, but probably with some sort of crowds allowed. Whether I think that's the right approach is kinda irrelevant :?
If people can go to the beach, flood into city centres to push and shove their way into primart and go on protests and demonstrations I don't see why the football can't be on. In 3 months time things will be much different

User avatar
+[ [[Kris]] ]+
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by +[ [[Kris]] ]+ » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:48 am

Bolton are a league 2 club, just like us. No point in side stepping. We could well finish above Bolton next season. Bolton might have a big ground but so do a lot of teams playing at our level and below. I guess the fact that they are looking at managers who can work well with a small budget gives an idea of their financial position. Could well see them dropping down to Conf North.
How does it make you feel to know that you voted for this?

Johnno
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Johnno » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:01 pm

+[ [[Kris]] ]+ wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:48 am Bolton are a league 2 club, just like us. No point in side stepping. We could well finish above Bolton next season. Bolton might have a big ground but so do a lot of teams playing at our level and below. I guess the fact that they are looking at managers who can work well with a small budget gives an idea of their financial position. Could well see them dropping down to Conf North.
Did you really believe that when you typed it? no matter how people see us financially, trust me on this, we do NOT have financial problems, and will attract some of the better players that have been freed up, to suggest we will be relegated again is a preposturous statement.

Bradders
Senior Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Bradders » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Johnno wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:01 pm
+[ [[Kris]] ]+ wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:48 am Bolton are a league 2 club, just like us. No point in side stepping. We could well finish above Bolton next season. Bolton might have a big ground but so do a lot of teams playing at our level and below. I guess the fact that they are looking at managers who can work well with a small budget gives an idea of their financial position. Could well see them dropping down to Conf North.
Did you really believe that when you typed it? no matter how people see us financially, trust me on this, we do NOT have financial problems, and will attract some of the better players that have been freed up, to suggest we will be relegated again is a preposturous statement.
I believe he believed himself and with just reason.
I do however agree with you that you will have the cream of the crop and being northwest based should freeze us out of the pick of the bunch.
😂😂 I bet you never expected any of your last relegations.
All I can say is stay humble.
Last edited by Bradders on Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CH BAFC
Silver Member
Posts: 1362
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by CH BAFC » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:07 pm

This slowly turning into a Bolton forum? 👀 time to close this thread down.
:scarf:

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyBlue and 30 guests