Not happening.
Ian Evatt
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
He was spotted filling up with petrol at a garage in Rochdale...
Hmmm now I wonder where Hopwood Hall is....
Lancashire;- born and bred
Re: Ian Evatt
The way this thread's going, it'll be as big as the "Decisions being made" thread soon. We all need to hope Evatt stays, best place for his career at the moment.
-
MikeRenney
- Senior Member
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
I hope he stays but this really needs sorting as soon as possible. According to the fans website Bolton are conducting interviews this week, at least with the out of work candidates. The longer this goes on the more it will impinge on both clubs efforts to prepare for next season. It is going to be very hard for Ian to approach players when there is uncertainty as to whether he will still be here.
Last edited by MikeRenney on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ian Evatt
How many years ago were you in the champions league. And here you are now grafting little old barrows manager. How the mighty have fallen. You’ll enjoy the national league I think.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Have answered my own question - and yes Wanderers do appear to be under a continuing embargo until the end of next season.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:25 amIs that true? I know they were under a transfer embargo but I'm sure I read somewhere that this had been lifted.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18 ... -finances/
If so then even with a decent package available for a manager, I would think it unlikely that Bolton would be challenging for promotion in the next 12 months and are looking for someone initially to arrest their downward trajectory. If the press are to be believed Bolton would have declared a loss this year of circa £1 million before coronavirus struck so its difficult to believe that they have bottomed out at this stage.
On that basis I can see why David Lee would be high on their list. I can also see why the likes of Sol Campbell and Gary Bowyer might be interested as they would command a high salary and would be happy to take the risk that came with it. Ryan Lowe and Sam Ricketts however are both better than Bolton at the moment. They would need to be desperate to go there.
Evatt might be a compromise candidate and I can see why he would be attractive to Bolton. The question for me would be whether he effectively wishes to repeat the process of the last two years at BAFC with another club. If he were to have a half decent season with the Bluebirds, I'm pretty sure that would be considered far better than average and could probably expect a L1 managers job with 12 months remaining on his contract.
Its probably down to IE. He strikes me as pretty shrewd and I dont think he is particularly starry eyed about BAFC. At the time I came to believe that he looked very closely at the Fylde job offer and had it smelt right he'd probably have gone for it. However if he's smells any kind of a rat, I'm not sure that money remains the determining factor at this stage of his career. Whoever takes the Wanderers job will do so having to accept that to do so will carry a reasonable level of risk of failure due to aspects outside of the managers control.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Honestly there ain’t half some flapping on here
Evatt will not be going to Bolton
Evatt will not be going to Bolton
-
MikeRenney
- Senior Member
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Good.
-
Sefton Aubergine
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
- Contact:
-
blue future
- Member
- Posts: 190
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:18 am
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
I would think Adam is totally in the knowSefton Aubergine wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:06 pmI hope your confidence comes from being in the know Adam because I have to admit this has me twitching a bit.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
When Adam speaks - we listen.blue future wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 pmI would think Adam is totally in the knowSefton Aubergine wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:06 pm
I hope your confidence comes from being in the know Adam because I have to admit this has me twitching a bit.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
It's just another thing for people to get stressed out about, once this has been cleared up it will be something else.. Just chill out and enjoy the ride
We had this with Paul Cox he left in the end we now have a better manager
We had this with Paul Cox he left in the end we now have a better manager
Re: Ian Evatt
Cant ignore the noises on this from the Bolton forums. Bolton will be the biggest club in L2, but with that comes an additional weight of expectation to get out at the first attempt. That will be difficult with the player embargo and constraints they are under.
Its took two years for Evatt to build what he has here, on and off the pitch and bringing everyone along with it. I hope he sees our promotion as not the sign of “my work here is done” but as the springboard for the bigger challenge- making us a competitive force in L2. It would be a massive blow for him to go now.
Its took two years for Evatt to build what he has here, on and off the pitch and bringing everyone along with it. I hope he sees our promotion as not the sign of “my work here is done” but as the springboard for the bigger challenge- making us a competitive force in L2. It would be a massive blow for him to go now.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
You used to be a big club in the days when Blackpool, Preston, Blackburn and Burnley were big clubs. None of those clubs are big clubs any longer - even Burnley who are in the Premier League - and you certainly are not. I live in Portsmouth and Portsmouth's attendences are far higher than yours (17,804 against your 11,511) and they aren't a big club either. You are a club which without a super-rich owner will be a Championship club at best but that won't be for a long time. The only really big clubs these days are from the huge cities i.e. London, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham although Newcastle, Leeds and Sunderlan have the potential to match them if they were taken over by a mega-rich owner.Johnno wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:22 pmDifference there is they THOUGHT they were big clubs, in reality none of them ever were, barring a couple of seasons for Notts.Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:56 pm Notts County thought they were a big club...and Stockport...and Chesterfield...and Wrexham...they all thought it would never happen to them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bluestandguy, Stand By Me and 20 guests