Ian Evatt
Re: Ian Evatt
Where's Coxy these days? Only kidding 
Re: Ian Evatt
Sky bet odds
Ian Evatt. 1/10
Sol Campbell. 8/1
Evatt was 1/4 yesterday.
Ian Evatt. 1/10
Sol Campbell. 8/1
Evatt was 1/4 yesterday.
-
Cromwell58
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Put a tenner on Sol.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
I agree. I've been quite careful in my comments about IE previously because of the obvious potential he has and because he has been the catalyst for our success. But nobody should simply equate all of our success with Ian Evatt. Its been a collective effort and despite the fact that Evatt wasn't appointed by him, Paul Hornby has to me become the most important person at the club. I do not fear losing Evatt with Hornby and the board still there as much as I would if Evatt were to stay and Hornby were to quit.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:04 pmNever works like that. It’s supposed to but it doesn’t, same for footballers.blumooncrab wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:38 pm And another thing ....
Presumably there are rules about making contact with the manager of another club - surely it must be done only after permission is given ? In which case , the game has only just begun - if indeed an approach is formally made - all speculation at present.
I’d rather him go now than in six months in silly season when clubs are getting shot of their managers. At least this way we’ve got a chance to organise things.
I've always been convinced that IE had a very strong belief in his own ability and one that he is reluctant to let others define or shape. I've little doubt that he'd have been interested in every single opportunity or piece of gossip connecting him to other clubs that cropped up last season and that his agent has been active on his behalf for some time. Deadly Daves angry reaction to losing out on IE also suggested to me that he had been given reason to think that IE was not quite as disinterested as portrayed. And there's nothing particularly wrong in that.
The Bolton job probably always would have appealed to him for many reasons though I think it will be a very different experience from the Barrow job and will test him in some very different ways not all of which will be on the pitch. I do hope he rises to the challenge because I wouldn't want to go through this episode only to see him sacked in 18 months time.
He's probably at the optimum point in his contract as far as compensation is concerned. So if he has to go now would be the best time for us - though I still think another 12 months would've been better for him.
Look at it this way. If Barrow had come close but not been promoted, I'm pretty sure he'd have gone to any bidder that could afford his release. As its happened we have been promoted and he's very probably off to a bidder that can afford his release. Despite our feelings therefore, he's demonstrating that he has always had a view of where our club fitted in with his sense of direction and that he has reached that point in his mind.
We as a club need to move on and as Spirit says if this were to repeat itself in a few months time which it inevitably would if we are half decent next season. Then your prized asset actually becomes a liability. We need to focus on our future.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
He certainly would be difficult to replace but it's not impossible. The whole culture at the club has changed but not only because of the manager but equally, IMO, because of Paul Hornby and the new directors and they won't be going anywhere! It is perfectly possible that we could get an excellent manager but there won't be many who will try to play the same type of football as Ian Evatt demanded. I've never seen anything like it in the National League and it produced entertainment even on the few occasions when results weren't great. However, some of us "oldies" will remember that we have seen better Barrow teams than the current one with better players. The team that won promotion was certainly a better team and IMO - much as like the majority of our current players -we don't currently have players as good as the likes of Fred Else, Jim Mallon, Jim Mulholland and George Smith to mention just four.Jonty wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:14 pmYes no one person is bigger than the club and it is a combination of things coming together, but he has been at the heart of it all and would be very tough to replace, He managed to change the mentality and belief of the fans, something no one has ever achieved before. Hard to build up, very easy to drop back down. That club culture is not there yet to sustain it if he moves on, thats why we need to go into L2 with him at the helm. If he moves on, and the next manager doesn't have that same energy, we’d soon drop back down again. Its off the pitch as well where the Manager needs to make a mark
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
.Jonty wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:14 pmYes no one person is bigger than the club and it is a combination of things coming together, but he has been at the heart of it all and would be very tough to replace, He managed to change the mentality and belief of the fans, something no one has ever achieved before. Hard to build up, very easy to drop back down. That club culture is not there yet to sustain it if he moves on, thats why we need to go into L2 with him at the helm. If he moves on, and the next manager doesn't have that same energy, we’d soon drop back down again. Its off the pitch as well where the Manager needs to make a mark
Let's tell the efl we don't want a place because we are going to be crap without the manager, if he goes there will be plenty wanting to do the job, we haven't even kicked a ball in the league yet and the doom and gloom merchants are at it already. If he wants to go let him go if not then it needs putting to bed.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:46 pmI agree. I've been quite careful in my comments about IE previously because of the obvious potential he has and because he has been the catalyst for our success. But nobody should simply equate all of our success with Ian Evatt. Its been a collective effort and despite the fact that Evatt wasn't appointed by him, Paul Hornby has to me become the most important person at the club. I do not fear losing Evatt with Hornby and the board still there as much as I would if Evatt were to stay and Hornby were to quit.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:04 pm
Never works like that. It’s supposed to but it doesn’t, same for footballers.
I’d rather him go now than in six months in silly season when clubs are getting shot of their managers. At least this way we’ve got a chance to organise things.
I've always been convinced that IE had a very strong belief in his own ability and one that he is reluctant to let others define or shape. I've little doubt that he'd have been interested in every single opportunity or piece of gossip connecting him to other clubs that cropped up last season and that his agent has been active on his behalf for some time. Deadly Daves angry reaction to losing out on IE also suggested to me that he had been given reason to think that IE was not quite as disinterested as portrayed. And there's nothing particularly wrong in that.
The Bolton job probably always would have appealed to him for many reasons though I think it will be a very different experience from the Barrow job and will test him in some very different ways not all of which will be on the pitch. I do hope he rises to the challenge because I wouldn't want to go through this episode only to see him sacked in 18 months time.
He's probably at the optimum point in his contract as far as compensation is concerned. So if he has to go now would be the best time for us - though I still think another 12 months would've been better for him.
Look at it this way. If Barrow had come close but not been promoted, I'm pretty sure he'd have gone to any bidder that could afford his release. As its happened we have been promoted and he's very probably off to a bidder that can afford his release. Despite our feelings therefore, he's demonstrating that he has always had a view of where our club fitted in with his sense of direction and that he has reached that point in his mind.
We as a club need to move on and as Spirit says if this were to repeat itself in a few months time which it inevitably would if we are half decent next season. Then your prized asset actually becomes a liability. We need to focus on our future.
-
geobarrovian
- Senior Member
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Whatever happens can we please stop falling for the trolls? it is obvious they aren't legitimate Bolton fans and this happens all of the time and people fall for it, whoever it is has done several of you up like kippers again, it works every time.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
It's time to quantify your usual "I know more than most" but I won't tell post.Van Der Nipper wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm I think a lot of people are going to be looking rather foolish on this thread soon.
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Not pretending to know more than most Graham but you must be living in a cave to pretend there is nothing in it.GTBLUE wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 pmIt's time to quantify your usual "I know more than most" but I won't tell post.Van Der Nipper wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm I think a lot of people are going to be looking rather foolish on this thread soon.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
Re: Ian Evatt
Agreed.GTBLUE wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 pmIt's time to quantify your usual "I know more than most" but I won't tell post.Van Der Nipper wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm I think a lot of people are going to be looking rather foolish on this thread soon.
#SWB
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
+3 #Clique
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: 32mile_cul-de-sac, Bruce, gibson.l4, Louis29 and 34 guests