Ian Evatt
Re: Ian Evatt
Well said, last season was some of the best football I've seen home and away great bloke ,wish him all the best ,hope to see him in the championship in two years . lucky Bolton all the best... Please stay one more season please 




.
Re: Ian Evatt
so has he gone? is it official? is there any statements to say he has? just totally confused-announcement today?
Re: Ian Evatt
This sums up very much my own feelings. Disappointed that the euphoria of promotion and the anticipation of preparation for next season have all been dashed in barely a week. I really hoped, even expected, that we would see how this team under Evatt could perform in L2. With change of manager, probably some of the signing targets going to Bolton instead, possibly some of our current team less happy, it has all changed.liverpoolann wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:03 pm I really hope he doesn’t go.still basking in shock of promotion and hoped he would lead us for a season in league 2 hopefully to help us stabilise at that level.He would then go to a higher level I have no doubt with my blessing.The fact we haven’t been able to celebrate the promotion at the ground with him and team plus back room staff makes feeling worse.Now just a few days after the highs I worry about who would replace him and back room team and will the squad be committed to a new replacement manager.Am confident the board will exact every penny due from this so called big club if they do really want him.Cannot shake of feeling of disappointment it has come to this so soon after we were celebrating.I hope he stays and I will support him.People slagging him off after what has so recently been achieved have very short memories and even less class.Lets just wait and see what happens .He can do far better than Bolton Wanderers if he stays bit longer with us.
Although I appreciate what he has done for the club, I can't help feeling he is leaving us a bit in the lurch (and it doesn't even look like a particularly good move IMO, given Bolton's recent financial problems). I understand the sayings 'no sentiment in football' and 'look after number one', just feel this has happened too soon and at a very disruptive time. Also a sense of deja vu, as Don McEvoy and Vic Halom both left us immediately after securing promotion. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - after 65 years supporting Barrow, I have learned that the few times things are looking good, something usually comes along and slaps you in the face!
Re: Ian Evatt
The very nature of success is that it puts you in the shop window. A move to Bolton would raise Ian Evatt’s profile even more as they are still seen in many quarters a more fashionable club. We just have to get out of it what we can thank Ian and his staff for their fantastic efforts and achievements and move on as I think we have passed the point of no return now sadly!
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
I still feel a tad disappointed and hurt regarding this with IE. Yes we all knew he had aspirations to move up higher and we wouldn't knock him for that but I just feel like we have been stabbed in the.back a little.
He mentioned loyalty so many times in interviews but after the dust has hardly settled, it looks like he wants to move.
Another successful season with us would have raised his profile a hundred fold and he could have had a pick of much more with better prospects for himself.
I am truly grateful but cmon Ian, Bolton? Seriously?
I know you like a challenge but you are not a magician!!
Football is ruthless, one minute we are as high as kites, next it's like a smash in the [SwearFilter]...
He mentioned loyalty so many times in interviews but after the dust has hardly settled, it looks like he wants to move.
Another successful season with us would have raised his profile a hundred fold and he could have had a pick of much more with better prospects for himself.
I am truly grateful but cmon Ian, Bolton? Seriously?
I know you like a challenge but you are not a magician!!
Football is ruthless, one minute we are as high as kites, next it's like a smash in the [SwearFilter]...
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
One last thing... Paul Hornby and co, DO NOT back down on the negotiations!
Re: Ian Evatt
Always leave your audience wanting more!!olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:07 am I still feel a tad disappointed and hurt regarding this with IE. Yes we all knew he had aspirations to move up higher and we wouldn't knock him for that but I just feel like we have been stabbed in the.back a little.
He mentioned loyalty so many times in interviews but after the dust has hardly settled, it looks like he wants to move.
Another successful season with us would have raised his profile a hundred fold and he could have had a pick of much more with better prospects for himself.
I am truly grateful but cmon Ian, Bolton? Seriously?
I know you like a challenge but you are not a magician!!
Football is ruthless, one minute we are as high as kites, next it's like a smash in the [SwearFilter]...
Re: Ian Evatt
Perhaps one thing we are overlooking here is that Bolton is two hours closer to his home and possibly plays a part in his thought and decision making process with a wife and young family.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
This thread only has 68 pages to go until it's longer than 'decisions being made'. Come on! We can do it
Re: Ian Evatt
Why are barrow saying it’s £250,000 compensation and Bolton are saying it’s not? Surely there will be an actual number in the contract wether it be £250,000 at any time or Say £300,000 from point ‘A’ depreciating over time to when his contract runs ou
Re: Ian Evatt
Not sure the figure - whatever it is - should be in the public domain anyway.
Surely it should be a private matter between the two clubs, and the only comments should be 'we have agreed', 'we haven't agreed and talks have broken down as their offer is well short of our price', or 'talks are continuing, with a view to it being satisfactory to all parties'.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
it's all to do with which figure you use. the players and manager have a clause that gives them an increase if we are in the league - partly due to being paid 52 weeks in the EFL and not 44 in the NL and partly just an increase. Barrow are saying it should be based on the EFL figure as we have been promoted. Bolton are saying it should be on the NL figure.
Lancashire;- born and bred
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Wish this saga would just come to an end one way or the other it’s dragged on long enough now. We need to start focusing on the fielding this going to be a huge step up we need to be fully prepared and have a squad who want to be here playing for whichever manager we may have. This drama is doing no good for anyone connected with either club.
Gut feeling is he’s as good as gone so let’s move on.......personally I’d go for a Keith Hill type he had great success at Rochdale, granted he wasn’t much kop at Bolton but let’s face it the whole club was in melt down during his tenure. Be interested to see how IE does in that position as it will be an uphill challenge for any manager.
Gut feeling is he’s as good as gone so let’s move on.......personally I’d go for a Keith Hill type he had great success at Rochdale, granted he wasn’t much kop at Bolton but let’s face it the whole club was in melt down during his tenure. Be interested to see how IE does in that position as it will be an uphill challenge for any manager.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Louis29, Semrush [Bot] and 20 guests