New Manager Discussion
New Manager Discussion
Old thread seems to have been pulled, so here is a new one. Let's keep it on topic.
So is Dunn still the favourite?
So is Dunn still the favourite?
-
Bluebird_john
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
Clough
Re: New Manager Discussion
Is that a shout or a prediction
-
Bluebird_john
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
Re: New Manager Discussion
Clough would show we mean business to the rest of league
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
Dunn still bookies favourite at 1/7 with Clough behind at 6/1. But as all parties remain 'tight-lipped' there's absolutely no info to go on so, who knows?
It all comes 'round again.
Re: New Manager Discussion
The mystery manager awaits 
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
I'm fairly sure our new man is Dunn, as to when it'll be announced is beyond me,
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
In his radio interview Paul Hornby could hardly contain his excitement when talking about their identified ‘target’. He also said something along the likes of ‘...we are not messing about here...’.
I got the impression their ‘target’ was something special which brings me to conclude that it is indeed Nigel Clough who is thinking over an offer from the club at the weekend.
I got the impression their ‘target’ was something special which brings me to conclude that it is indeed Nigel Clough who is thinking over an offer from the club at the weekend.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
-
EABluebird
- Member
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm
- Contact:
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
That was my thinking. There was just something in Paul Hornby's tone which [SwearFilter] the ears. Everyone saying ahh, but Clough is up for the Birmingham City job. He's 4th in the odds at 8/1 behind Fowler, Bowyer and Carsley. The thing that I counter my own argument with is his location. Could he realistically do the job from somewhere near Burton-on-Trent?
But if there's one club I've always looked at and thought 'that's how we should be', it's Burton Albion.
But if there's one club I've always looked at and thought 'that's how we should be', it's Burton Albion.
It all comes 'round again.
-
Bluebird_john
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
Lee Bowyers getting the Brummie job so don’t worry about that one. I’d say if you’re looking at current job openings from Cloughs POV, we are the most similar challenge to that of BurtonNigel Bamford wrote: ↑Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:22 pm That was my thinking. There was just something in Paul Hornby's tone which [SwearFilter] the ears. Everyone saying ahh, but Clough is up for the Birmingham City job. He's 4th in the odds at 8/1 behind Fowler, Bowyer and Carsley. The thing that I counter my own argument with is his location. Could he realistically do the job from somewhere near Burton-on-Trent?
But if there's one club I've always looked at and thought 'that's how we should be', it's Burton Albion.
-
blumooncrab
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
Going for a Burton ? I doubt it somehow- I think we need someone with a Northern connection - somewhere between Liverpool and Newcastle. And someone who can inspire . Not that Clough wouldn’t meet the latter criteria but he wouldn’t meet the former.
-
Southernbluebird
- New Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
I’ve heard it’s Tony Grant but he’s waiting to see if Fowler gets the Birmingham job. If he does he goes with him as assistant
-
NB Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager Discussion
I will say Dunn, but I would like it to be Clough.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Freya and 36 guests