I will stay supporting regardless and will attend games when in Barrow and some South Eastern away games, however I find the mentality of sections of the fan base difficult to take. I mean no disrespect to anyone, we are all entitled to our views and ultimately we are all bluebirds.
Welcome David Dunn
-
EABluebird
- Member
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Top 10 would suffice for first season back, but we can only achieve that with that goal in mind. We might miss that target somewhat - it happens a lot, but what if we just aim for survival and we miss that ?
I will stay supporting regardless and will attend games when in Barrow and some South Eastern away games, however I find the mentality of sections of the fan base difficult to take. I mean no disrespect to anyone, we are all entitled to our views and ultimately we are all bluebirds.
I will stay supporting regardless and will attend games when in Barrow and some South Eastern away games, however I find the mentality of sections of the fan base difficult to take. I mean no disrespect to anyone, we are all entitled to our views and ultimately we are all bluebirds.
Re: Welcome David Dunn
How about not having a goal and just going out to do our best to win each one, one game at a time, absolutely regardless of the last game?EABluebird wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:02 pm Top 10 would suffice for first season back, but we can only achieve that with that goal in mind. We might miss that target somewhat - it happens a lot, but what if we just aim for survival and we miss that ?
I will stay supporting regardless and will attend games when in Barrow and some South Eastern away games, however I find the mentality of sections of the fan base difficult to take. I mean no disrespect to anyone, we are all entitled to our views and ultimately we are all bluebirds.![]()
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Hope nobody minds me linking my YouTube videos on the forum? If so could an admin let me know? I did a video on the appointment of Dunn. Link below. Feedback always much appreciated. Hope a few of you can find the time to watch:)
https://youtu.be/2SNKtXLdfH8
https://youtu.be/2SNKtXLdfH8
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Nice little vid mate - particularly encouraged by wide men beating the fullback and getting crosses in.JTB1901 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:14 pm Hope nobody minds me linking my YouTube videos on the forum? If so could an admin let me know? I did a video on the appointment of Dunn. Link below. Feedback always much appreciated. Hope a few of you can find the time to watch:)
https://youtu.be/2SNKtXLdfH8
But what's with the the Shredded Wheat all over your face dude??
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Shaun wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:40 pmNice little vid mate - particularly encouraged by wide men beating the fullback and getting crosses in.JTB1901 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:14 pm Hope nobody minds me linking my YouTube videos on the forum? If so could an admin let me know? I did a video on the appointment of Dunn. Link below. Feedback always much appreciated. Hope a few of you can find the time to watch:)
https://youtu.be/2SNKtXLdfH8
But what's with the the Shredded Wheat all over your face dude??![]()
Hahha. No comment
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Nice video Josh lad. Keep up the good work.JTB1901 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:14 pm Hope nobody minds me linking my YouTube videos on the forum? If so could an admin let me know? I did a video on the appointment of Dunn. Link below. Feedback always much appreciated. Hope a few of you can find the time to watch:)
https://youtu.be/2SNKtXLdfH8
Re: Welcome David Dunn
I just don’t understand why expectations are being set so low. The ownership model and promotion is the platform to push on, not just think about mere survival. We are out of the dead zone “brutal” league. This promotion brings with it opportunity. Yes, we need to be realistic and we are up against some big established clubs, some who may look down their noses upon us at our modest facilities, but the club infrastructure and team is better than just setting out to survive. There is no reason why we cant be a successful league club.Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pmSorry about that Jonty, but that is what it has done to me over the last 50 years whereas your euphoria seems to be based on the last 50 games. Whatever league we are in l will be there on the terraces giving it what for.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Welcome David Dunn
How many teams have been promoted from National league to EFL2..then quickly progressed to EFL1. The higher up the pyramid, the more time players have on the ball. Barrows high pressing game will be a shock to established EFL2 clubs. No reason why we cant be mixing it with the established teamsJonty wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pmI just don’t understand why expectations are being set so low. The ownership model and promotion is the platform to push on, not just think about mere survival. We are out of the dead zone “brutal” league. This promotion brings with it opportunity. Yes, we need to be realistic and we are up against some big established clubs, some who may look down their noses upon us at our modest facilities, but the club infrastructure and team is better than just setting out to survive. There is no reason why we cant be a successful league club.Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pm
Sorry about that Jonty, but that is what it has done to me over the last 50 years whereas your euphoria seems to be based on the last 50 games. Whatever league we are in l will be there on the terraces giving it what for.
Re: Welcome David Dunn
AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:43 pmNice video Josh lad. Keep up the good work.JTB1901 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:14 pm Hope nobody minds me linking my YouTube videos on the forum? If so could an admin let me know? I did a video on the appointment of Dunn. Link below. Feedback always much appreciated. Hope a few of you can find the time to watch:)
https://youtu.be/2SNKtXLdfH8
Thank you!
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
I for one would also like to welcome David Dunn to Barrow as the new manager. He sounds to me like he has already done his homework having already watched the team last season and also spoken to Paul Hornby. He has said he is impressed with the set up and the way the club is being run.He could be just the man to move the club forward carrying on from the great foundations that Ian Evatt ,his team and the board have laid.
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Good luck to the new gaffer.
First instinct is that I’m not particularly excited by the appointment. Too many cliches.
Few other small things bug me, mainly the length of his tie and the number of ! on his tweets but I suppose that is All irrelevant. Just makes me question his credibility as a leader.
Anyway very hard act to follow but wish him all the best. Exiting time!
First instinct is that I’m not particularly excited by the appointment. Too many cliches.
Few other small things bug me, mainly the length of his tie and the number of ! on his tweets but I suppose that is All irrelevant. Just makes me question his credibility as a leader.
Anyway very hard act to follow but wish him all the best. Exiting time!
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Exiting time?
He’s only just got here!
He’s only just got here!
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: Welcome David Dunn
All I want to know is this.
At some time this season when our backs are against the wall, will DD have that core of steel that Ian Evatt and Ray Wilkie so clearly possessed, to get us through.
Only time will tell.
At some time this season when our backs are against the wall, will DD have that core of steel that Ian Evatt and Ray Wilkie so clearly possessed, to get us through.
Only time will tell.
-
EABluebird
- Member
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Nail on head.
IE’s attitude gained us many points in games where we were struggling without that we wouldn’t have even been close to auto promotion. Ive followed DD career since the start and I’m far from convinced he possesses those attributes.
Still let’s get behind him and hope on hope that I’m wrong.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Far too much emphasis on managers these days mainly because of the media. A manager's main attribute is to be able to spot a good player and then to keep a happy group. Mentality comes from players so if you have the right players you have the right mentality.EABluebird wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 amNail on head.
IE’s attitude gained us many points in games where we were struggling without that we wouldn’t have even been close to auto promotion. Ive followed DD career since the start and I’m far from convinced he possesses those attributes.
Still let’s get behind him and hope on hope that I’m wrong.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Zuluwarrior and 21 guests