IFollow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Hadrian » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Now tv via the app on my phone objected to being connected to the tv by HDMI yesterday - 'not allowed'.

Quite happy with with the PC connected by HDMI.

Illogical.
THE NORTHERN WAY

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by liverpoolann » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Think I broke it tried to create account wanted me to put promo code in which I don’t know.Abandoned it and tried again when I get to e mail says it’s already in use so I am locked in some how.i hate computers! Will have to get Someone help me out from club when go first match

Online
User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11319
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by McMark » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:04 pm

liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:04 pm Think I broke it tried to create account wanted me to put promo code in which I don’t know.Abandoned it and tried again when I get to e mail says it’s already in use so I am locked in some how.i hate computers! Will have to get Someone help me out from club when go first match
There is no promo code Ann just register with same email as when you bought season ticket and enter your chosen password then your in. You will get a code by email before a game

User avatar
+[ [[Kris]] ]+
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by +[ [[Kris]] ]+ » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Hadrian wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 pm Now tv via the app on my phone objected to being connected to the tv by HDMI yesterday - 'not allowed'.

Quite happy with with the PC connected by HDMI.

Illogical.
My solution for Saturday is to dig out the old Lumia 950 and Continuum Dock, log in through the browser and hope it works on the TV. Not sure why I can't watch a service I paid for on a screen size of my choosing without resorting to Rube Goldberg contraptions.
How does it make you feel to know that you voted for this?

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7132
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by blue nige » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:36 pm


Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Hadrian » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:46 pm

+[ [[Kris]] ]+ wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:16 pm
My solution for Saturday is to dig out the old Lumia 950 and Continuum Dock, log in through the browser and hope it works on the TV. Not sure why I can't watch a service I paid for on a screen size of my choosing without resorting to Rube Goldberg contraptions.
Lumia 950 - proper phone! (And great camera!) Windows Phone RIP.
THE NORTHERN WAY

200miles
Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by 200miles » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:01 pm

To those with a modern smart tv, just use the tv's browser to log in to ifollow from the BAFC website Those without a smart tv, but with a smartphone and the ifollow app, can use a Chromecast or similar.

Walneywanderer1979
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Walneywanderer1979 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Can i use the ifollow app through a amazon firestick I also have a Google chrome cast so could cast from my phone if its not compatible with the firestick
:scarf:

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 pm

Have a look on the previous page. There is no cast option on the iFollow app.
Don't let the old man in.

200miles
Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by 200miles » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:18 pm

It's casting the phone's screen. I do it all the time . As long as you have a wirelesss screen cast option and a modern smart tv then it's simple. See the "Wireless Projection" option on my phone below. It may have a different name on other phones.
Screenshot_20200906_205900_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200906_205900_com.android.chrome.jpg (379.01 KiB) Viewed 6157 times
Screenshot_20200906_200142_com.efl.ifollow.jpg
Screenshot_20200906_200142_com.efl.ifollow.jpg (658.2 KiB) Viewed 6157 times

200miles
Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by 200miles » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Here's a photo of my tv screen showing the direct log in to ifollow on a smart tv browser ... next match page for BAFC .
Attachments
IMG_20200906_223256.jpg
IMG_20200906_223256.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 6139 times

Barbaricogre
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Barbaricogre » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:06 pm

For anyone wanting to watch it through firetv I just got it working by downloading silk browser and loading the ifollow page through that. Just watched the Dunn and Angus interviews no problem so hopefully the game on Tuesday should be OK.

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by liverpoolann » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:39 pm

McMark wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:04 pm
liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:04 pm Think I broke it tried to create account wanted me to put promo code in which I don’t know.Abandoned it and tried again when I get to e mail says it’s already in use so I am locked in some how.i hate computers! Will have to get Someone help me out from club when go first match
There is no promo code Ann just register with same email as when you bought season ticket and enter your chosen password then your in. You will get a code by email before a game
Think I getting confused between create an account and register I look at it again thank you

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by MisterPleasant » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:32 am

@200miles - thank you. I don't have Wireless Projection on my phone but I'll try the browser option. Ta.
Don't let the old man in.

Stu1
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Stu1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:57 am

When I click register all I get is a bouncing ball and read conditions, which takes me nowhere

Post Reply