IFollow
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
I've not used it yet but can you opt for no commentary
Re: IFollow
After Dior Angus missed a half-chance (or even a quarter-chance), Goodwin wheeled out his classic "A good player would have..." again yesterday. God, I've always found that to be freaking annoying.barrow-mike wrote: ↑Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 pmAll Goodwin does is criticize. Does my head in . Give it a miss next time if he's onMain Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 pm Other than actually being present at Holker st i found it a good alternative. Worked great for me, i enjoyed having the commentary (thanks to AJ and Goody)
As for iFollow and the match, well that's two hours of my life and £10 I'm not getting back anytime soon. Not iFollow's fault I should hasten to add, it worked perfectly (Safari browser on a MacBook). At least it was better than the FA Cup qualifying round tie between Stocksbridge Park Steels v Stalybridge Celtic which was on the BBC red button immediately before, which was a great reminder of just how bad non-League football can be sometimes (midfield head tennis, promising attacks breaking down after terrible final ball, you know the sort of thing).
No bubblewrap unpopped.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
For all he brings to the team - and it is plenty, Angus is a terrible finisher.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: IFollow
If you are referring to the shot saved by the keeper in second half, I have just watched the extended highlights and the commentator, whoever he is, said almost the same thing: "should have scored".
Re: IFollow
It was the 1st half and he said about angus "a good striker would have finished that" based on the cross hardcastle put in i think. It stuck out for me a bit that comment.
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09
Re: IFollow
iFollow has worked well for me so far although the purchase/purchased interface could be made a little more user-friendly.
The single-camera coverage has been much better than I imagined it might be and I hadn't expected replays, scores or an information bar on screen. H/t and f/t scores and stats also a bonus.
The view at Holker Street will improve with the slightly higher permanent camera position in use.
Up to now, I am more than happy with it.
The single-camera coverage has been much better than I imagined it might be and I hadn't expected replays, scores or an information bar on screen. H/t and f/t scores and stats also a bonus.
The view at Holker Street will improve with the slightly higher permanent camera position in use.
Up to now, I am more than happy with it.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: IFollow
Ah, I remember that. He was too late arriving to get to the cross from Hardcastle. Without seeing where he was, and whether he was moving forward, in the moments before the cross was delivered, I could not pass judgement on that incident.
Re: IFollow
When it comes to computers . . . I know nothing . . . no-o-o-thing at all.
By some sort of miracle I managed to watch on my PC yesterday - - - but did anybody else have the following problem - - -
I entered my 12-digit code that had been sent by e-mail a couple of days earlier, but then learned that although it was a free pass I still had to enter my debit card details. I did this correctly but something flashed up to say the card details were invalid. At that point I thought, that's it, I won't be getting to watch this afternoon, so I logged out. In desperation I went back onto the club site and without entering my card details a second time I found that I could click on a "watch live" link and lo and behold the screen was suddenly filled with the full picture. I then watched the whole match without a hitch. But can someone tell me why the site originally said my card details were not valid only for me to get in easily a couple of minutes later without having to add anything else, whether new or different? I would appreciate it if anybody can enlighten me as to why my card was deemed not valid, only for me to access easily a couple of minutes later. Thank you to anybody who can "enwisen" me.
By some sort of miracle I managed to watch on my PC yesterday - - - but did anybody else have the following problem - - -
I entered my 12-digit code that had been sent by e-mail a couple of days earlier, but then learned that although it was a free pass I still had to enter my debit card details. I did this correctly but something flashed up to say the card details were invalid. At that point I thought, that's it, I won't be getting to watch this afternoon, so I logged out. In desperation I went back onto the club site and without entering my card details a second time I found that I could click on a "watch live" link and lo and behold the screen was suddenly filled with the full picture. I then watched the whole match without a hitch. But can someone tell me why the site originally said my card details were not valid only for me to get in easily a couple of minutes later without having to add anything else, whether new or different? I would appreciate it if anybody can enlighten me as to why my card was deemed not valid, only for me to access easily a couple of minutes later. Thank you to anybody who can "enwisen" me.
Re: IFollow
Not really me, I'm afraid. That's the point I was making about the purchase/purchased interface, certainly in a browser..
Some people will have just given up and sale will be lost. It needs to be more logical, whether or not you use a code.
I am pleased you were, after all, able to watch the first league game back after such a time.
Some people will have just given up and sale will be lost. It needs to be more logical, whether or not you use a code.
I am pleased you were, after all, able to watch the first league game back after such a time.
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
Don't know if it makes a difference, but I entered card details first and then moved on to the code. I then entered the code and pressed the apply button. I think it showed a £10 charge and then -£10 for the code and a nil balance. I don't know if you could apply the code prior to entering card details.
Might be just a gliche PJ.
Might be just a gliche PJ.
Re: IFollow
Thanks Hadrian and Nick - - it's no big deal, after all I managed to get to watch it - - just seemed a bit strange to claim the card details were not valid when they definitely were correct. Next time I'll try putting in the card details first before the code!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
I put the code in first then apply then card details so to be honest you must have done it right or you couldn't have watched it!pjdaly wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 pm Thanks Hadrian and Nick - - it's no big deal, after all I managed to get to watch it - - just seemed a bit strange to claim the card details were not valid when they definitely were correct. Next time I'll try putting in the card details first before the code!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
getting back to John Goodwin's co - commentary he's there to give his views I've known John since he was a young lad and he says it as he sees it and we always have a good talk about Barrow when i see him , let's get this straight it's not the waltons (sorry young people) and we all can't agree but people should be able to take criticism as long as it doesn't get personal and if people believe that a footballer will read this forum and get upset then they are are delusional. for what it's worth i think his comments about Angus were warranted he didn't anticipate where the ball was being played and a decent striker would have (but to be honest I don't think Angus is a striker),to be honest I think Adam and John work well together!
Re: IFollow
I agree nige. I just thought some of the comments he made about angus later in the game contradicted the comment.
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09
-
NORTHERNSOUL
- Senior Member
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
You're better off splitting the two thingspjdaly wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 pm Thanks Hadrian and Nick - - it's no big deal, after all I managed to get to watch it - - just seemed a bit strange to claim the card details were not valid when they definitely were correct. Next time I'll try putting in the card details first before the code!
Log into your account and add your card details without making a purchase
Log out Wait a couple of minutes and then log back in to either purchase using the card you entered earlier or by entering your ST code.
You should find that will increase your chances of getting a clean access to the feed.
And once you.ve entered your card details theyre stored so you wont have to enter them again
I.m told that the reason you have to enter your card details even if your using a code is that your i follow account isn't fully active unless it has a valid card attached to it.
Last edited by NORTHERNSOUL on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.