IFollow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:35 pm

pjdaly wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 pm Thanks Hadrian and Nick - - it's no big deal, after all I managed to get to watch it - - just seemed a bit strange to claim the card details were not valid when they definitely were correct. Next time I'll try putting in the card details first before the code!
Did exactly the same as you Paul.
Great minds think alike - you know the rest...
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
xerxes
Gold Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by xerxes » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Bingo wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am I've not used it yet but can you opt for no commentary
Indeed - it's called the mute button. ;)

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Bingo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:08 pm

xerxes wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:57 pm
Bingo wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am I've not used it yet but can you opt for no commentary
Indeed - it's called the mute button. ;)
I love the commentary but if you watch it on a big screen you can pretend you are there without it - open the windows stick on a couple of fans on get my neighbour to come in stand next to me and talk rubbish

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by liverpoolann » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 pm

I hope we can use more than the one card as when I booked on I couldn’t locate my card so used my email and code and friends card and it worked ok.Found the card registered to me now.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Wintergreen » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:22 am

Bingo wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:08 pm
xerxes wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:57 pm
Indeed - it's called the mute button. ;)
I love the commentary but if you watch it on a big screen you can pretend you are there without it - open the windows stick on a couple of fans on get my neighbour to come in stand next to me and talk rubbish
:lol:

..and open the fridge door of course.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

PerthBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by PerthBluebird » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:36 am

Watching extended highlight off the game with the commentator stating new signing Dior Angus who came from Dover in the summer after scoring 20 goals lat year haha belting blopper
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Hadrian » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:52 am

liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 pm I hope we can use more than the one card as when I booked on I couldn’t locate my card so used my email and code and friends card and it worked ok.Found the card registered to me now.
Go to https://www.barrowafc.com/my-account/, click on your name to sign in (having done so, you may then need to click on your name again) and go to My Account.

There you can Add a New Payment Method and with that successfully done, remove the friend's card card that you used.
THE NORTHERN WAY

Colin Appleton
Senior Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Colin Appleton » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:13 am

For what it's worth I was told that the match had a streaming audience of 2,123. But and I'd like to stress the word but . I don't know if that figure included all the Stevenage fans who logged on to watch and also whether it included all of Barrow's season ticket holders or just the ones who logged on to view it, using their £10 discount. Perhaps the club will release an official viewing audience figure and if it's no where near the figure I've been told, I'd like to apologise in advance. Ha

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by barrowfan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:14 pm

If it's right I think that's quite a low figure. I would have expected more.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Adam29 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:24 pm

barrowfan wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:14 pm If it's right I think that's quite a low figure. I would have expected more.
People will have had friends round to watch - it’s only going to register the one person who purchased the stream be it by paying £10 or having the season ticket pass, so that figure will likely be close to the bone

cottingham bluebird
Senior Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: The promised land
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by cottingham bluebird » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Arvo wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 am
barrow-mike wrote: ↑Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 pm

All Goodwin does is criticize. Does my head in . Give it a miss next time if he's on
After Dior Angus missed a half-chance (or even a quarter-chance), Goodwin wheeled out his classic "A good player would have..." again yesterday. God, I've always found that to be freaking annoying.

As for iFollow and the match, well that's two hours of my life and £10 I'm not getting back anytime soon. Not iFollow's fault I should hasten to add, it worked perfectly (Safari browser on a MacBook). At least it was better than the FA Cup qualifying round tie between Stocksbridge Park Steels v Stalybridge Celtic which was on the BBC red button immediately before, which was a great reminder of just how bad non-League football can be sometimes (midfield head tennis, promising attacks breaking down after terrible final ball, you know the sort of thing).
I totally agree about commentary he got right on my nerves I think he thinks our players are all premier league standard he needs to remember which league we are in and he must of said 30 times we are looking tired. All I was tired of was him
:scarf: :skill: :D

Stu1
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Stu1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:59 pm

I muted for these reasons

Bottleofsass
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Bottleofsass » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Nothing but stop start for me

User avatar
LDBF
Silver Member
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Belize, Central America
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by LDBF » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Quite a few stop starts for me, but ended up only about a minute behind (according to Flashscore) at the end of the first half. Logged out and rejoined for the 2nd half so I could start the 2nd half on time, again about a minute or so behind at the end. Might be an idea for me to increase my download speed from just over 10 Mbps, maybe that will cure the stop/start problem? iFollow costing me 20 pounds a month (would of been 140 pounds for the season) - worth every penny :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :skill: :skill: :scarf:

Walneywanderer1979
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: IFollow

Post by Walneywanderer1979 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 pm

can we pay for i follow for all away games aswell if so do the club get any of the money or is it just the home teams who receive the money
:scarf:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyBlue, Trust Raffle and 29 guests