Barrow v Morecambe match thread
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
All we needed was a midfIeld playmaker and a goalscorer
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
It's pretty bad when this forum can pick a better set up than the manager, perhaps we know the players better, its soul destroying. I remember a chant from some of the dire days of the NPL of "ooh it's a corner" the first half was a throwback to that era.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
Me tooNB Bluebird wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:00 pmI agree with you.Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:59 pm He's got to go now and leave Kelly in temporary charge until we can find someone who actually knows what to do. Kelly stated last time that he didn't want the job of manager.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
It’s completely baffling; Brad Barry isn’t a right midfielder, Donohue isn’t a central midfielder. Instead of square pegs in round holes go 3-5-2 (which includes James upfront with Quigley) and pick players in their actual positions
-
nationalman
- Member
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
From what i heard that's what he is like, he's not a very good man manager, does'nt talk to the player's, not a very good communicatorLightflood wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pmManager should have been on the teams back immediately we scored organising, making sure every one their job . Not stood arms folded silent watching it all unfold in front of him as he seems to do all game !.McMark wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:47 pm We have found it so hard to score of late due to the way we set ourselves up to play and then what did we do, switch off like a kids team. That wasn’t the managers fault it was criminal from our defence. But the way we have set ourselves up to play the game from the offset is clearly the managers fault and simply isn’t good enough and leaves us in a very precarious position going forward!!![]()
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
I agree the formation and that James should play alongside Quigley. Who would you put in the 5 man midfield?HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:18 pmIt’s completely baffling; Brad Barry isn’t a right midfielder, Donohue isn’t a central midfielder. Instead of square pegs in round holes go 3-5-2 (which includes James upfront with Quigley) and pick players in their actual positions
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
I cant believe what I've just watched this afternoon. I'm never the most optimistic of fans but before today I thought there was some hope. Foolishly I actually felt we could beat Morecambe. The thing is last season we probably would have beat them if they had put out that team against us. That is the most worrying aspect of it all. The second goal literal finished me off but I kept watching - felt like I had the watch as some sort of penance!
Not a great one for quick changes but with 19 games left I'd ask Kelly to do the job yes I'd get ride of Jolley now and as some said get guys like Hird & Taylor back to support him. There I go again I'm actually still think we can get out of this mess - I must stop being positive!!!!
But I honestly do have faith in Kelly
Not a great one for quick changes but with 19 games left I'd ask Kelly to do the job yes I'd get ride of Jolley now and as some said get guys like Hird & Taylor back to support him. There I go again I'm actually still think we can get out of this mess - I must stop being positive!!!!
But I honestly do have faith in Kelly
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
We aren't a long ball team that's a myth. We [SwearFilter] about with it at the back and look like conceding pretty much all the time.
Good ridge looks half decent. Donahue is shite give the ball away way too much.
Good ridge looks half decent. Donahue is shite give the ball away way too much.
Bish=God
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
Josh Kay LWBJim wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:21 pmI agree the formation and that James should play alongside Quigley. Who would you put in the 5 man midfield?HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:18 pm
It’s completely baffling; Brad Barry isn’t a right midfielder, Donohue isn’t a central midfielder. Instead of square pegs in round holes go 3-5-2 (which includes James upfront with Quigley) and pick players in their actual positions
Goodridge
Hardcastle (When fit obviously)
Devitt
Brad Barry or Eardley RWB
Centre midfield is weak as [SwearFilter] whoever is in there but at least Goodridge seems to try to pass the ball around; might as well be weak as [SwearFilter] but show some creativity
-
SayitagainSam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
We finally managed to score a goal in the last 400 minutes of play (since Jan. 16) only to see it thrown down the toilet 25 seconds later. God must be very angry with us.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
Pretty much what I was thinking. I wrote down Barry, Banks, Goodridge, Devitt, Kay.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:25 pmJosh Kay LWB
Goodridge
Hardcastle (When fit obviously)
Devitt
Brad Barry or Eardley RWB
Centre midfield is weak as [SwearFilter] whoever is in there but at least Goodridge seems to try to pass the ball around; might as well be weak as [SwearFilter] but show some creativity
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
unfortunately none of these "new " players will be here next season, so it was always a gamble but why did Jolley sign Donahue (hadn't played for months) Devitt hardly kicked a ball for Newport, Davies again just coming back from serious injury Banks again came with mixed messages from tranmere fans ! ,then throws in a young inexperienced lad in Central defence how did he sell these signings to our directors? it's a shocking state of affairs, I'm so angry at our board for their apparent lack of footballing knowledge surely they could have had someone to help them with advice on these important issues which will undoubtedly see us relegated back to the national league this never should have happened depressing times!
Re: Barrow v Morecambe match thread
I remember us in the football league. All my working life we been nonleague. To see this happening is just soul destroying, especially in a town that needs a lift more than most.blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:37 pm unfortunately none of these "new " players will be here next season, so it was always a gamble but why did Jolley sign Donahue (hadn't played for months) Devitt hardly kicked a ball for Newport, Davies again just coming back from serious injury Banks again came with mixed messages from tranmere fans ! ,then throws in a young inexperienced lad in Central defence how did he sell these signings to our directors? it's a shocking state of affairs, I'm so angry at our board for their apparent lack of footballing knowledge surely they could have had someone to help them with advice on these important issues which will undoubtedly see us relegated back to the national league this never should have happened depressing times!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: tommy2thumbs and 19 guests