i follow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by Middleton Nick » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 am

Jim wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am I have family overseas and they are asking how iFollow works.

Can they register, and if so, presumably they can read all the articles etc?

If registered, can they also watch the extended highlights?

I believe they can't stream matches live or hear commentary?
I'm not an expert Jim, but we have numerous fans who watch the games overseas, even one in Belize. It also depends on the strength of the signal. However, anyone can register on the Barrow official site and they will be able to see the news and other articles. Not sure about the highlights but i'm sure someone else can assist.

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 am

Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 am
Jim wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am I have family overseas and they are asking how iFollow works.

Can they register, and if so, presumably they can read all the articles etc?

If registered, can they also watch the extended highlights?

I believe they can't stream matches live or hear commentary?
I'm not an expert Jim, but we have numerous fans who watch the games overseas, even one in Belize. It also depends on the strength of the signal. However, anyone can register on the Barrow official site and they will be able to see the news and other articles. Not sure about the highlights but i'm sure someone else can assist.
I'm sure @mickmike wilson or @LDBF would be willing to advise, Jim.
Don't let the old man in.

Online
russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by russell_anderson » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 am
Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 am

I'm not an expert Jim, but we have numerous fans who watch the games overseas, even one in Belize. It also depends on the strength of the signal. However, anyone can register on the Barrow official site and they will be able to see the news and other articles. Not sure about the highlights but i'm sure someone else can assist.
I'm sure @mickmike wilson or @LDBF would be willing to advise, Jim.
iFollow was specifically to cater for overseas supporters and anybody outside of the UK can register. The only reason we can now use it in the UK is because of covid and, sadly for us Southern based followers, once or if we ever get back to normal we will lose the option.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm

russell_anderson wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 am

I'm sure @mickmike wilson or @LDBF would be willing to advise, Jim.
iFollow was specifically to cater for overseas supporters and anybody outside of the UK can register. The only reason we can now use it in the UK is because of covid and, sadly for us Southern based followers, once or if we ever get back to normal we will lose the option.
Once or if we get back to normal people in the UK will still be able to watch midweek games on iFollow as they could before Covid

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm iFollow was specifically to cater for overseas supporters and anybody outside of the UK can register. The only reason we can now use it in the UK is because of covid and, sadly for us Southern based followers, once or if we ever get back to normal we will lose the option.
Once or if we get back to normal people in the UK will still be able to watch midweek games on iFollow as they could before Covid
That is how I understand it. It's only Saturday, 3:00 p.m. kick-offs and televised games we shan't be able to see.
Don't let the old man in.

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by mickmike wilson » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Jim wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am I have family overseas and they are asking how iFollow works.

Can they register, and if so, presumably they can read all the articles etc?

If registered, can they also watch the extended highlights?

I believe they can't stream matches live or hear commentary?
It’s super easy Jim even for a techy challenged oik as myself, Live streaming, Interviews, Highlights etc Heck I just watched our last 2 games traveling in a car & it streamed great.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by Jim » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Thanks Mickmike, I will PM you.

Online
russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by russell_anderson » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:57 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:03 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Once or if we get back to normal people in the UK will still be able to watch midweek games on iFollow as they could before Covid
That is how I understand it. It's only Saturday, 3:00 p.m. kick-offs and televised games we shan't be able to see.
Thanks. I didn't realise that so that's good news for me.

User avatar
LDBF
Silver Member
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Belize, Central America
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by LDBF » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Super easy for us overseas to watch all Barrow games home and away, I pay 20 pounds a month - get all the iFollow package. Some games at the start of the season were a bit difficult with no picture, but had the BBC RC commentary no problem, maybe a bit time-delayed as I got the ping from FlashScore that something had happened before it did(now turn off FlaskScore during the game)

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by Adam29 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm

Sadly no BBCRC commentary Tomorrow via iFollow as I’m commentating via an iFollow feed in the newsroom in Carlisle due to BBC rules on Covid

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by McMark » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:24 pm

A high so far of 698 away to Carlisle and an understandable low of 163 at home to Cheltenham
https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2021/feb ... wo-season/

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Adam29 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm Sadly no BBCRC commentary Tomorrow via iFollow as I’m commentating via an iFollow feed in the newsroom in Carlisle due to BBC rules on Covid
Presumably, we'll have the iFollow Bolton home commentary, will we?
Don't let the old man in.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by Jim » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 pm
Adam29 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm Sadly no BBCRC commentary Tomorrow via iFollow as I’m commentating via an iFollow feed in the newsroom in Carlisle due to BBC rules on Covid
Presumably, we'll have the iFollow Bolton home commentary, will we?
Or commentary on RC Freeview channel>

Bakewell Blue
Veteran Member
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:00 pm
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by Bakewell Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm

I wonder why Salford’s figures are so low?

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: i follow

Post by HenneysKnee » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Bakewell Blue wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm I wonder why Salford’s figures are so low?
Wonder if season ticket holders get home and away games included?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lesley2259, Louis29, russell_anderson, Sash591 and 20 guests