Player contracts 21/22 season

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by bigmac95 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:51 am

By my reckoning, I think we are safe, although I respect the view that three more points are probably required to put it beyond even the slightest level of doubt.

As such, I was trying to think who we have signed up to deals already for next year?

Unlike last year, where a combination of Covid and Evatt leaving meant we were behind the 8-ball from the off, a major advantage of getting our status confirmed for next year early is that it gives the BoD more time to put an effective plan in place for next year. I am sure there will be threads on what went wrong and where things need to improve for us to avoid the panic and despair of our season pre-Kelly. Indeed, the biggest decision is whether Kelly will be around next term as Manager (god I hope so). But, I don't want to pre-empt those discussions, so for now I was wondering if anyone knows who is signed up for next year. I still believe the spine of this team is good enough, and with a couple of smart additions we will fair a lot better than this year.
And on the 7th day god created football

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by blue nige » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am

Surely can't you wait till we are safe this doesn’t help the squad!

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Jim » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:12 am

I think all discussion about next season - players, manager etc - should be witheld until we know for certain that we will be playing in L2. It's a distraction from the task.

Certainly, I would expecti the Board to be thinking about it and making plans, but it is not something we as fans should be discussing on a public forum.

bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by bigmac95 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:32 am

The simple question was who do we have on a deal for next year. This is a football forum, for discussing football things.....what is the point of this place if it isn't to discuss things with like-minded individuals.

Do you honestly believe a fans forum distracts players/managment?
And on the 7th day god created football

holkerboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by holkerboy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:33 am

Jim wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:12 am I think all discussion about next season - players, manager etc - should be witheld until we know for certain that we will be playing in L2. It's a distraction from the task.

Certainly, I would expecti the Board to be thinking about it and making plans, but it is not something we as fans should be discussing on a public forum.
Very strongly agree!

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Methuselah » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:35 am

I am just hoping that we have got the spine of the squad pencilled in for new contracts next season as there will be a lot of teams looking enviously at some of the players we have.What I do think though is that the board after having been caught out twice because of their inexperience will be ahead of this.The good think we have though is this squad seems to enjoy playing together under Rob Kelly who without doubt has been the key to this turnaround in form. I cannot thank him enough for agreeing to take over the helm once more and just hope he can be persuaded to give us at least one more season to keep the continuity going.Him bringing in Calvin Andrew was a masterstroke, giving Quigley the freedom to go and do what he does best.Here's hoping we still.have basically the same team next season.

Fazered
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Fazered » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

Like a lot of topics it involves a lot of speculation. If you are afraid to discuss things before we are mathematically safe don't read this thread. As far as I am concerned we need to be deciding on our retained list now. Fringe players should be given a game or two now and not in some meaningless friendlies. No1 priority is sorting out the manager asap
Just say no to VAR :sentoff:

A.B.
Platinum Member
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by A.B. » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Jim wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:12 am I think all discussion about next season - players, manager etc - should be witheld until we know for certain that we will be playing in L2. It's a distraction from the task.

Certainly, I would expecti the Board to be thinking about it and making plans, but it is not something we as fans should be discussing on a public forum.
What’s wrong with discussing who’s contracted for next season?

You don’t have the authority to declare what should be discussed on this forum; you do have the option to not read certain topics. I suggest you do this if it’s something that bothers you.
#SWB

Leo
Silver Member
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Leo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:00 pm

GK

Dixon - KEEP
Lillis - KEEP
Moloney - KEEP (if we really need 3 gks)

Defence

Platt - KEEP
Jones - KEEP
Brough - KEEP
Nthle - KEEP
Hird - Keep in a player/coach capacity? If Manager doesn't want that, I'd probably still keep as an experienced pro and backup
Barry - KEEP
Zouma - Release
Wilson - Release
Brown - Release

Just realised we have loads of midfielders and forwards and I can't be bothered doing any more right now
Barrow-in-Furness - The 19th happiest place in Britain

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:11 pm

A.B. wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm
Jim wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:12 am I think all discussion about next season - players, manager etc - should be witheld until we know for certain that we will be playing in L2. It's a distraction from the task.

Certainly, I would expecti the Board to be thinking about it and making plans, but it is not something we as fans should be discussing on a public forum.
What’s wrong with discussing who’s contracted for next season?

You don’t have the authority to declare what should be discussed on this forum; you do have the option to not read certain topics. I suggest you do this if it’s something that bothers you.
Well said

#SWB

Ace
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Ace » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:22 pm

It's not always clear from the clubs announcements when signing players but I believe the following players are contracted next season.
Jones
Platt
Brough
Burns
Beadling
Jones
Banks
Devitt
Quigley
James

sambino
Silver Member
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by sambino » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Should get Dixon signed up now

behind the goals
Gold Member
Posts: 2242
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by behind the goals » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:24 pm

sambino wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:06 pm Should get Dixon signed up now
I totally agree Joel Dixon is fast becoming a Top EFL Goalkeeper would give him a 3 year contract asap.

Tommylad
Veteran Member
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 am
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Tommylad » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:54 pm

I reckon it'll be the same set up next year as it is now but with hird officially in charge

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Player contracts 21/22 season

Post by Jim » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:00 pm

A.B. wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm
Jim wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:12 am I think all discussion about next season - players, manager etc - should be witheld until we know for certain that we will be playing in L2. It's a distraction from the task.

Certainly, I would expecti the Board to be thinking about it and making plans, but it is not something we as fans should be discussing on a public forum.
What’s wrong with discussing who’s contracted for next season?

You don’t have the authority to declare what should be discussed on this forum; you do have the option to not read certain topics. I suggest you do this if it’s something that bothers you.
It's not about having authority, I was simply expressing my opinion. You can see that my post started "I think....".

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests