FOREST GREEN. AWAY

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Steeley » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:40 pm

A horrible 0-0 would be great. Relegates Southend who will have to travel up here next week depressed and deflated.
Bish=God

Ace
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Ace » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:34 pm

0-0 would be great, we haven't had one in the league this season though.

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5366
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Matty » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:47 am

Set up for a draw and we are [SwearFilter] if we go 1-0 down.
Popular side since '03.

Paul
Veteran Member
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:47 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Paul » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:23 am

Jim wrote: ↑Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:17 pm
PerthBluebird wrote: ↑Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:41 am Grab a point get this done and dusted.
I keep seeing this "grab a point .. done and dusted", but we need 3 points to be safe.
Agree totally - I've thought this for a few weeks now, 1 win and were safe, but at the moment we're on a 3 game losing streak at the most crucial time of the season. I really can't see where the next point is coming from, let alone 3.
Just my honest opinion.

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by mall » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am

To be perfectly honest I, like many other souls have waited since 1972 and now its looking like I will be heading to my grave still not having seen my beloved club in the football league.
I know we never really know but I honestly feel we have just left it that bit too late.
I just cant see us getting the single point required in our remaining three games.
Its gonna come down to the last day with Sarfend at Newport and, you can guarantee that Newport will have one of those moments where things go wrong for them.
Southend are going to sweat blood in their remaining two games and carry the game to their opponents with the best form of defence 'attack' where'as we will just resist wave after wave of attacks and eventually crack late in the games.
And remember, Barrow and Carlisle are footballing outposts that a lot of southern based clubs do not like travelling to so its a chance to get rid of one of them.
Last edited by mall on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paulmichael
Senior Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:13 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Paulmichael » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:46 am

Checking on oddschecker, we are still 33/1 to be relegated

A.B.
Platinum Member
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by A.B. » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:47 am

mall wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am I honestly feel we have just left it that bit too late.
I just cant see us getting the single point required in our remaining three games.
Its gonna come down to the last day wiv Sarfend at Newport and, you can guarantee that Newport will have one of those moments where things go wrong for them.
Southend are going to sweat blood in their remaining two games and carry the game to their opponents with the best form of defence 'attack' where'as we will just resist wave after wave of attacks and eventually crack late in the games.
And remember, Barrow and Carlisle are footballing outposts that a lot of southern based clubs do not like travelling to so its a chance to get rid of one of them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#SWB

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Bingo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:56 am

mall wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am To be perfectly honest I, like many other souls have waited since 1972 and now its looking like I will be heading to my grave still not having seen my beloved club in the football league.
I know we never really know but I honestly feel we have just left it that bit too late.
I just cant see us getting the single point required in our remaining three games.
Its gonna come down to the last day with Sarfend at Newport and, you can guarantee that Newport will have one of those moments where things go wrong for them.
Southend are going to sweat blood in their remaining two games and carry the game to their opponents with the best form of defence 'attack' where'as we will just resist wave after wave of attacks and eventually crack late in the games.
And remember, Barrow and Carlisle are footballing outposts that a lot of southern based clubs do not like travelling to so its a chance to get rid of one of them.
Bit dramatic, its playing with my head big time but thats just me but realistically if we were in southend or grimsby position we would be certain we were down. Let's just try and win tomorrow night actually go out and go for it ... if not we are more than capable of beating southend on Saturday

Stu1
Senior Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Stu1 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:03 am

mall wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am To be perfectly honest I, like many other souls have waited since 1972 and now its looking like I will be heading to my grave still not having seen my beloved club in the football league.
I know we never really know but I honestly feel we have just left it that bit too late.
I just cant see us getting the single point required in our remaining three games.
Its gonna come down to the last day with Sarfend at Newport and, you can guarantee that Newport will have one of those moments where things go wrong for them.
Southend are going to sweat blood in their remaining two games and carry the game to their opponents with the best form of defence 'attack' where'as we will just resist wave after wave of attacks and eventually crack late in the games.
And remember, Barrow and Carlisle are footballing outposts that a lot of southern based clubs do not like travelling to so its a chance to get rid of one of them.
I have that feeling too, going down having never attacked anyone.Hope we're wrong

User avatar
Van Der Nipper
Platinum Member
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Van Der Nipper » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am

mall wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am To be perfectly honest I, like many other souls have waited since 1972 and now its looking like I will be heading to my grave still not having seen my beloved club in the football league.
I know we never really know but I honestly feel we have just left it that bit too late.
I just cant see us getting the single point required in our remaining three games.
Its gonna come down to the last day with Sarfend at Newport and, you can guarantee that Newport will have one of those moments where things go wrong for them.
Southend are going to sweat blood in their remaining two games and carry the game to their opponents with the best form of defence 'attack' where'as we will just resist wave after wave of attacks and eventually crack late in the games.
And remember, Barrow and Carlisle are footballing outposts that a lot of southern based clubs do not like travelling to so its a chance to get rid of one of them.
Oh my word :roll: :roll:
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009

Sonofsam
Senior Member
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Sonofsam » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 am

Van Der Nipper wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am
mall wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:40 am To be perfectly honest I, like many other souls have waited since 1972 and now its looking like I will be heading to my grave still not having seen my beloved club in the football league.
I know we never really know but I honestly feel we have just left it that bit too late.
I just cant see us getting the single point required in our remaining three games.
Its gonna come down to the last day with Sarfend at Newport and, you can guarantee that Newport will have one of those moments where things go wrong for them.
Southend are going to sweat blood in their remaining two games and carry the game to their opponents with the best form of defence 'attack' where'as we will just resist wave after wave of attacks and eventually crack late in the games.
And remember, Barrow and Carlisle are footballing outposts that a lot of southern based clubs do not like travelling to so its a chance to get rid of one of them.
Oh my word :roll: :roll:
Exactly and southend are at home to newport last game

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by DaveP » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am

yes and we are away to Exeter groundhog day!!

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by barrowfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:51 am

Paulmichael wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:46 am Checking on oddschecker, we are still 33/1 to be relegated
We were a 100/1 last week!

User avatar
tommy2thumbs
Gold Member
Posts: 2471
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by tommy2thumbs » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Just get in their faces from the kick off.
Plenty of Iron ore and Shipbuiders' tea....
Bloody meat-dodgers won't know what's hit them.
La lucha continua...

Smoggie
Senior Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 pm
Contact:

Re: FOREST GREEN. AWAY

Post by Smoggie » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm

tommy2thumbs wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:08 pm Just get in their faces from the kick off.
Plenty of Iron ore and Shipbuiders' tea....
Bloody meat-dodgers won't know what's hit them.

Sounds good to me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lee Hunt and 20 guests