Potential signings
-
NB Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Alex would be another good signing.
Re: Potential signings
He is out of contract and age 26 so there will be no fee involved unless he wants a signing on fee which obviously goes to him, But probably would not be £100.000. unless whoever signs him are mad.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pmI didn't say he wasn't any good. I said I hadn't seen anything that would tempt me to pay £100,000 for him. If I was paying that sort of money for an EFL 2 player I would expect that player to stand out at EFL 2 level. Maybe, I've been unlucky in the half dozen matches I've seen him play for Carlisle. He is young and has a decent record at Carlisle plus played 17 times at Blackpool in a higher level so could be decent.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Callum Guy has 1 year left on his contract at Carlisle.jaycarter wrote: ↑Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 pmHe is out of contract and age 26 so there will be no fee involved unless he wants a signing on fee which obviously goes to him, But probably would not be £100.000. unless whoever signs him are mad.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pm I didn't say he wasn't any good. I said I hadn't seen anything that would tempt me to pay £100,000 for him. If I was paying that sort of money for an EFL 2 player I would expect that player to stand out at EFL 2 level. Maybe, I've been unlucky in the half dozen matches I've seen him play for Carlisle. He is young and has a decent record at Carlisle plus played 17 times at Blackpool in a higher level so could be decent.
This from 23rd April this year;-
"Carlisle United have announced their seventh player this week to have signed a new deal with the Blues.
The Blues have extended 24-year-old midfieilder Callum Guy’s deal, which will keep him at the club until the end of next season."
Lancashire;- born and bred
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Having just listened to Carlisle Director of Football Dean Holdsworth on BBC Radio Cumbria this evening the subject of interest in Callum Guy came up. He said nobody has contacted him or the club regarding Callum Guy and he is looking forward to seeing him in a Carlisle shirt next season.chipmunx wrote: ↑Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pmCallum Guy has 1 year left on his contract at Carlisle.
This from 23rd April this year;-
"Carlisle United have announced their seventh player this week to have signed a new deal with the Blues.
The Blues have extended 24-year-old midfieilder Callum Guy’s deal, which will keep him at the club until the end of next season."
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
We sign two players from Carlisle and all of a sudden people assume we are going to sign their whole team
Re: Potential signings
Cole Stockton who many Bradford fans thought was a 'done' deal has signed a new 2 year contract at Morecambe. That could put Quigs back on the agenda.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
If he was on their agenda he still will be. If he wasn't then I doubt adding him would endear him to the player. He's still on their agenda.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Interesting that they’ve announced it now as I was led to believe that deal was done over a week ago. Thought they might be waiting to announce a raft of new signings.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
I think Songolo from Morecambe is another of their signings yet to be announced
Re: Potential signings
Not sure of our financial situation but while our recent signings are decent can we afford to buy a really stand out player? Even someone from a league below maybe, obviously I don't know if we can afford transfere fees.
Re: Potential signings
Yeah someone with that quality would be brilliant,
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
So Morecambe like us last season (and not for the first time), find themselves in a higher league significantly depleted. What would you call that phenomenon? Asset-stripped? Success bombed? Blobbied?Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:10 pm I think Songolo from Morecambe is another of their signings yet to be announced
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Cuz66 and 28 guests