Meet the manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Duff
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Duff » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:53 am

I’ve just listened and like everyone else that first question is ridiculous. Totally unnecessary.
WOULD YOU LIKE A MINSTREL??????

User avatar
Rtw6095
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Rtw6095 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:01 am

The word pussies made me flinch.

cottingham bluebird
Senior Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: The promised land
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by cottingham bluebird » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:28 am

I am glad you all liked my first question it was beer fueled and came out a bit wrong ha ha.
You all need to get over it I have and had a crack with mark cooper after meeting to clear myself up.
Keep smiling and keep the faith we are going for a top 7 finish.
:scarf: :skill: :D

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 am

Duff wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:53 am I’ve just listened and like everyone else that first question is ridiculous. Totally unnecessary.
This was actually worse than I imagined it was going to be after seeing all the comments on here. The icing on the cake was the completely unnecessary comments about Quigley; talk about ungrateful, his goals played a massive part in getting us up and keeping us up

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am

I can't believe the club have put it out for all to see.

Louis29
Senior Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Louis29 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:29 am

cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:28 am I am glad you all liked my first question it was beer fueled and came out a bit wrong ha ha.
You all need to get over it I have and had a crack with mark cooper after meeting to clear myself up.
Keep smiling and keep the faith we are going for a top 7 finish.
Your a disgrace!!!! and to make it worse you think its funny.
These guys have put their own money in to the club and are striving to better us.
They bring in a Manager with a good reputation and you talk to him like that.
I hope they dive all year round if it stops you going to the games.
Who needs a fan like you!!!

GazzaT
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:26 am
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by GazzaT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:58 am

boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am I can't believe the club have put it out for all to see.
One thing the club really needs to get a grip of is professionalism. There was absolutely no reason to include this cringeworthy part of the Q&A session. It achieves nothing, other than confirming we have some absolute knobs as supporters. Come on guys think what you are doing.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 am

GazzaT wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:58 am
boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 am I can't believe the club have put it out for all to see.
One thing the club really needs to get a grip of is professionalism. There was absolutely no reason to include this cringeworthy part of the Q&A session. It achieves nothing, other than confirming we have some absolute knobs as supporters. Come on guys think what you are doing.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there “professionalism”. Would Port Vale, Bradford or Oldham have allowed that to go out? Absolutely not. As bad as the question undoubtedly was it was made far worse by allowing that segment of the Q&A to get beyond the editing room.

BTW, I get the bit in mateys question about cheating in the game…but that certainly got lost along the way….!!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4102
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Bingo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am

The club has a long way to go to become professional, this a case in point, I appreciate the work the people do and the money the owners put in but you need to squeeze as much as possible in match day income.. that means at least 20 point of sales for drinks

I thought I'd buy myself the friendly programme from Saturdays game £5 for postage.. come on

After listening to that first question he must have thought what on earth have I walked into

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7135
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by blue nige » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am

The talk about 'Professionalism ' is correct, we've brought in different people to run certain factions of the club, nothing wrong with that as long as someone is actually monitoring what exactly are they doing because it appears lately that we're running before we can walk, we should have a structured plan with where we want to be this will take time but sometimes it looks from the outside, we're like rabbits in the headlights!
I know it's easy to critise but a lot of it is unfortunately warranted!

Stu1
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Stu1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 am

So how much cheating should be allowed ?

alvin
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by alvin » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:46 pm

You lot lot thought the first question was bad, I'm glad they haven't shown the rest of the meeting god knows what the manager thought.

User avatar
PRR
Gold Member
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by PRR » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Good opportunity at the next meet the manager for everyone complaining to go and ask a question that they think is better. The lad explained he’d had a few bevvies. Not everyone is great at public speaking. At least he showed up and asked a question that was important to him. We have a diverse fan base, so be it.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Bombadel » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:30 pm

I asked a question on the qna on Zoom, and ran it through my head a few times to make sure I wouldn’t make a tit of myself (how many successful barrovian businessmen do we have who are willing to put money in, like these have?). Maybe zoom is the way forward in future, to have more control.

Jon D
Bronze Member
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Meet the manager

Post by Jon D » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:49 pm

Louis29 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:29 am
cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:28 am I am glad you all liked my first question it was beer fueled and came out a bit wrong ha ha.
You all need to get over it I have and had a crack with mark cooper after meeting to clear myself up.
Keep smiling and keep the faith we are going for a top 7 finish.
Your a disgrace!!!! and to make it worse you think its funny.
These guys have put their own money in to the club and are striving to better us.
They bring in a Manager with a good reputation and you talk to him like that.
I hope they dive all year round if it stops you going to the games.
Who needs a fan like you!!!
Who needs a fan like you get a grip, the lad had a few beers get on with it

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests