We Need 1 Cash Gate

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by Matty » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:38 pm

Buying a ticket in advance from the office with cash should still be an option, however, ticket only turnstiles is the way forward. How often did we have a decent crowd in the National League and people were queuing on the pop side five minutes after kick off?
Popular side since '03.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by Pedro » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:47 pm

boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:15 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:13 pm I know two people who did not go because of the new system.
If you have something to sell you make it easier to buy it not harder.
I am just wondering if there is a issue of trust with cash and that's why we have gone this route.
It is, as mentioned at the thing in crossbar last week with chairman
Right thanks I wondered.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:47 pm
boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:15 pm

It is, as mentioned at the thing in crossbar last week with chairman
Right thanks I wondered.
Thats a cop out by the club IMO an easy excuse to give them a way out. Carlisle have no problem having three ticket booths around the ground on match day selling tickets for cash. I have said it before and I will say it agin. Make the fanzone ticket office on match day cash purchases. We are without doubt losing supporters because of this nonsense. If you discount the 1200 ST holders we only had 1000 paying Barrow customers yesterday. I estimate we could have got an extra 200 with a cash option on the day.The crowd attendance was poor. We will do well to get 1800 on Tuesday night unless the club link it to the villa game IE Voucherse
or something similar.

mr_grey
Veteran Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by mr_grey » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:00 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Right thanks I wondered.
Thats a cop out by the club IMO an easy excuse to give them a way out. Carlisle have no problem having three ticket booths around the ground on match day selling tickets for cash. I have said it before and I will say it agin. Make the fanzone ticket office on match day cash purchases. We are without doubt losing supporters because of this nonsense. If you discount the 1200 ST holders we only had 1000 paying Barrow customers yesterday. I estimate we could have got an extra 200 with a cash option on the day.The crowd attendance was poor. We will do well to get 1800 on Tuesday night unless the club link it to the villa game IE Voucherse
or something similar.
The board of directors request for no cash sales on match day

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by mall » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Mancbluebird wrote: ↑Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm Bit off a cry to the owners was talking to an older fella that I have known for a long time regular attender , he said to me which I believe today as others on here have commented about saying how older familiar faces have nt turned back up at Holker Street. That the situation off not being able to pay cash on the gate has really put them off coming and having to go to the ground days before and buy a ticket pre match days before has also put them off. As well as this new ticket purchasing in the fanzone. Again not all the older generation but some genuinely don’t like paying by card and are scared off it. They only feel comfortable paying cash tender and before folk say but they pay by card in the shops. Many still do not and only pay in cash , personally we need to have 1 turn style that you can pay in cash. Not just for the older generation but what about the floating fan that is with his mates in the pub and decides half an hour from kick off he or she fancies it , absolute no brainer to me.
"the situation off not being able to pay cash on the gate has really put them off coming and having to go to the ground days before and buy a ticket pre match days before has also put them off. As well as this new ticket purchasing in the fanzone. Again not all the older generation but some genuinely don’t like paying by card and are scared off it. They only feel comfortable paying cash tender and before folk say but they pay by card in the shops. Many still do not and only".

If the club are going to do something to help these older ones that don't like using plastic-they better make it quick, or these people may never return.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:36 pm

mr_grey wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Thats a cop out by the club IMO an easy excuse to give them a way out. Carlisle have no problem having three ticket booths around the ground on match day selling tickets for cash. I have said it before and I will say it agin. Make the fanzone ticket office on match day cash purchases. We are without doubt losing supporters because of this nonsense. If you discount the 1200 ST holders we only had 1000 paying Barrow customers yesterday. I estimate we could have got an extra 200 with a cash option on the day.The crowd attendance was poor. We will do well to get 1800 on Tuesday night unless the club link it to the villa game IE Voucherse
or something similar.
The board of directors request for no cash sales on match day
Well they need to re-think this and quickly. Like has been said its put some of coming and unless it changes quickly they are unlikely to return. Perhaps its something the SLO could raise with the club?

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by mickmike wilson » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 pm

It’s discriminatory imho & in today’s world no one should be discriminated against because they way they choose to live, It could possibly be also discriminatory against the elderly also as lots have never had CC cards & always use cash, The club could be on sticky ground here & way not have 2 pop up ticket booths that take cash??

It’s probably only 5 or 10% of fans who prefer this cash method so hardly a big job counting & banking it is it.

It’s especially hard on those who have supported for decades through the dark days when they kept this club alive barley but limping along & now today they are excluded unless they change their ways.

Shoddy as…

BoltonBlue
Veteran Member
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by BoltonBlue » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:29 pm

mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 pm It’s discriminatory imho & in today’s world no one should be discriminated against because they way they choose to live, It could possibly be also discriminatory against the elderly also as lots have never had CC cards & always use cash, The club could be on sticky ground here & way not have 2 pop up ticket booths that take cash??

It’s probably only 5 or 10% of fans who prefer this cash method so hardly a big job counting & banking it is it.

It’s especially hard on those who have supported for decades through the dark days when they kept this club alive barley but limping along & now today they are excluded unless they change their ways.

Shoddy as…
How many kids from low income families who wouldn’t know until possibly a few hours before a game if they can attend with cash have now been kicked to the kerb too?

mr_grey
Veteran Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by mr_grey » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:35 pm

mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 pm It’s discriminatory imho & in today’s world no one should be discriminated against because they way they choose to live, It could possibly be also discriminatory against the elderly also as lots have never had CC cards & always use cash, The club could be on sticky ground here & way not have 2 pop up ticket booths that take cash??

It’s probably only 5 or 10% of fans who prefer this cash method so hardly a big job counting & banking it is it.

It’s especially hard on those who have supported for decades through the dark days when they kept this club alive barley but limping along & now today they are excluded unless they change their ways.

Shoddy as…
Other fans are helping by using their own credit/ debit card to buy tickets on others behalf in exchange for the cash.. so there is a need

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by tictactoe » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Sorry to use my own problem again but this is something the club are getting wrong.

I emailed Anya about me sometimes needing to arrive at Holker Street late to watch a match and could I still gain entry. From what I can fathom from the emails I can get in late but have to have a ticket. The problem with this is I won’t have a ticket and would need to pay as I arrive, either cash or card. I don’t think it is possible to buy a ticket that late in the day from what I can gather.

I won’t be the only one who is missing out, and in respect of the cash problem, other people buying tickets for others isn’t a good long term solution. The club need to be a bit more understanding on this imo
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

A.B.
Platinum Member
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:24 pm

tictactoe wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:22 pm Sorry to use my own problem again but this is something the club are getting wrong.

I emailed Anya about me sometimes needing to arrive at Holker Street late to watch a match and could I still gain entry. From what I can fathom from the emails I can get in late but have to have a ticket. The problem with this is I won’t have a ticket and would need to pay as I arrive, either cash or card. I don’t think it is possible to buy a ticket that late in the day from what I can gather.

I won’t be the only one who is missing out, and in respect of the cash problem, other people buying tickets for others isn’t a good long term solution. The club need to be a bit more understanding on this imo
Apologies, not fully aware of your previous issues, but what’s stopping you from purchasing a ticket online and having it available on your phone or printed out beforehand?
#SWB

User avatar
Stephen Leonard
BarrowAFC.net Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by Stephen Leonard » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:29 pm

A.B. wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:24 pm
tictactoe wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:22 pm Sorry to use my own problem again but this is something the club are getting wrong.

I emailed Anya about me sometimes needing to arrive at Holker Street late to watch a match and could I still gain entry. From what I can fathom from the emails I can get in late but have to have a ticket. The problem with this is I won’t have a ticket and would need to pay as I arrive, either cash or card. I don’t think it is possible to buy a ticket that late in the day from what I can gather.

I won’t be the only one who is missing out, and in respect of the cash problem, other people buying tickets for others isn’t a good long term solution. The club need to be a bit more understanding on this imo
Apologies, not fully aware of your previous issues, but what’s stopping you from purchasing a ticket online and having it available on your phone or printed out beforehand?
I assume it may be that she isn’t certain she will be able to attend until very close to or even after the kickoff time due to work commitments - therefore buying a ticket in advance online would be wasted if she couldn’t attend several matches
Some people really do need to think a bit more before they post things on here

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by tictactoe » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:29 pm

A.B. wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:24 pm
tictactoe wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:22 pm Sorry to use my own problem again but this is something the club are getting wrong.

I emailed Anya about me sometimes needing to arrive at Holker Street late to watch a match and could I still gain entry. From what I can fathom from the emails I can get in late but have to have a ticket. The problem with this is I won’t have a ticket and would need to pay as I arrive, either cash or card. I don’t think it is possible to buy a ticket that late in the day from what I can gather.

I won’t be the only one who is missing out, and in respect of the cash problem, other people buying tickets for others isn’t a good long term solution. The club need to be a bit more understanding on this imo
Apologies, not fully aware of your previous issues, but what’s stopping you from purchasing a ticket online and having it available on your phone or printed out beforehand?
Because I would be coming from work and in my job I can have unexpected delays and may end up missing the game completely. In an ideal world it would be great to say support the club and but a ticket anyway whether you use it or not but my finances don’t allow for that
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

behind the goals
Gold Member
Posts: 2252
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by behind the goals » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:35 pm

Might not get 3000 against villa if fans can`t pay with cash.

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate

Post by Middleton Nick » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:47 pm

behind the goals wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:35 pm Might not get 3000 against villa if fans can`t pay with cash.
It will be a sellout.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyBlue and 32 guests