We Need 1 Cash Gate
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
So if we have 1 cash gate, and 200 people decide to come to a game and intend paying cash, arriving 10 minutes before KO, what happens. Move with the times I say.
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
Why are people still talking about a cash on the gate option when this is not going to happen and this should be about using cash to buy a ticket in advance using cash on matchday. Are some people just not getting this?Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:35 pm So if we have 1 cash gate, and 200 people decide to come to a game and intend paying cash, arriving 10 minutes before KO, what happens. Move with the times I say.
As explained by an earlier poster, the IT element alone is not cost effective to install to issue tickets on the gate in what are effectively 1930’s mechanical turnstiles. The ticket scanning is a requirement for EFL attendance management. Please accept that peoples habits have got to change and buying a ticket in advance to get in is now the norm. You can no longer rock up or get dropped off at 5 to 3 and pay cash. Fans have got to factor that in to their routine. There are probably no EFL clubs that take cash on the turnstile.
Yes the club needs to keep a cash option to buy a ticket on match-day but it wont be on the turnstile.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
spot on , could not have said it betterbluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:16 pm When will some get it into their heads?
There are people who have supported our football club for over 50 years and they only deal in cash. They have helped to keep this club alive through the darker days, and now it seems the club doesn't give a toss about them.
For some of these people 'watching the soccer' is one of the few pleasures in their life, which gets them out of the house talking to other people, but our club is saying 'thanks but no thanks we don't want your cash'.
If the club wants to see how it works ask Carlisle United - and I never thought I'd be ever saying that!
I know it's a busy time for the club just now with the Villa game, but please, Mr. Hornby and co., change your mind or explain why you won't.
Thanks
-
NORTHERNSOUL
- Senior Member
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
Actually, I think you.ll find a lot of pensions are paid into a Post Office account which exists simply to receive the money from DWP and the cash is then withdrawn over the counter you can't do anything else with the card other than if you enable it you can use it at a very limited number of ATM.s.PRR wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:13 pm Instead of going to the cash machine or bank to withdraw cash first, just go to the ground and use the card to pay for a ticket. No one deals only in cash (criminal activity aside), state pension is paid into a bank account. All state benefits are paid into a bank account as are almost all wages.
And I can assure you that I for one in person only deal in cash the industry I work in isn't exactly criminal yet well over 95% of transactions are in cash
-
NORTHERNSOUL
- Senior Member
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
And yes youre right thats correct and Citizens Advice are advising pensioners to use cards issued by local credit unions many of which work in exactly the same way that the post office ones did.PRR wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:13 pmMain Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:33 pm
There is a generation who still only deal in cash. They will take a weekly trip to the post office to withdraw an amount from their pension to get them through the week. It’s that generation that kept the club afloat in he dark days and some of those same people are being disenfranchised by this stubborn stance from the club.
All post office card accounts are closing shortly. Maybe this will help with the transition.
*Edit I'm not saying that's right or wrong.
DWP were offered deals by outfits like PayPoint where you could have collected your cash from their outlets but after a stink was created over possible charges being imposed in the future the govt told DWP to back away from the deal.
-
Arabian Bluebird
- New Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
I've been following Barrow for home and away for years. Currently reside abroad and go everywhere when I'm back. Was on under a different name but couldn't log back in. Fairly well known, next time I'm back ask someone to point me out.Tony wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:39 amSo many new posters on here stirring shitArabian Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:03 am
Maybe not a turnstile but there must be a solution. We are a football league club, hopefully we have the staff needed soon. Have to say wasn't impressed with the quality of ticket, barely states the fixture and date. We've had better in non league days. Must be because we print on site.
-
Arabian Bluebird
- New Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
What a [SwearFilter] retort. The SLO reads this you know that as well as others. Are you not arsed about potential pensioners not being able to attend ? Another classic Blue Nige postblue nige wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:51 pmIf you're so concerned contact,bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:16 pm When will some get it into their heads?
There are people who have supported our football club for over 50 years and they only deal in cash. They have helped to keep this club alive through the darker days, and now it seems the club doesn't give a toss about them.
For some of these people 'watching the soccer' is one of the few pleasures in their life, which gets them out of the house talking to other people, but our club is saying 'thanks but no thanks we don't want your cash'.
If the club wants to see how it works ask Carlisle United - and I never thought I'd be ever saying that!
I know it's a busy time for the club just now with the Villa game, but please, Mr. Hornby and co., change your mind or explain why you won't.
Thanks
our SLO or contact the club via an email or via twitter, I'm sure they'll give you an explanation, but to be fair they have mentioned at the meeting just gone (which anyone could have attended).
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
I do not think the board understand or are not interested in cash payment .Arabian Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:46 pmWhat a [SwearFilter] retort. The SLO reads this you know that as well as others. Are you not arsed about potential pensioners not being able to attend ? Another classic Blue Nige post![]()
I listened to Mr Hornby and he said people think we are amateurs then went on to say how they managed to get a physio with Premier league connections
etc.
Well Barrow are now in PLC territory a d you have done a good job except you are learning.on the job.
David Dunn
Michael Jolly a disgraceful appointment with his past history.
Now this dumping the less well off.
The club probably prefers card payment .
Can the club say they have never had a problem with credit card transactions?
I buy my ticket online but understand the reason why people with a lower income want the option to pay by cash.
After 55 years of following Barrow I will no longer attend matches not because I cannot buy online but because you do not care for the less well off.
I was one of the 200 odd people when the other 6800 evaporated in our non league days.
Mr Hornby you are a account and it tells
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7138
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
Arabian Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:46 pmWhat a [SwearFilter] retort. The SLO reads this you know that as well as others. Are you not arsed about potential pensioners not being able to attend ? Another classic Blue Nige post![]()
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
Has this one been discussed enough? Sure the board have enough info to make a decision.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
You'll be back in December. See you then.Pedro wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:44 amI do not think the board understand or are not interested in cash payment .Arabian Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:46 pm
What a [SwearFilter] retort. The SLO reads this you know that as well as others. Are you not arsed about potential pensioners not being able to attend ? Another classic Blue Nige post![]()
I listened to Mr Hornby and he said people think we are amateurs then went on to say how they managed to get a physio with Premier league connections
etc.
Well Barrow are now in PLC territory a d you have done a good job except you are learning.on the job.
David Dunn
Michael Jolly a disgraceful appointment with his past history.
Now this dumping the less well off.
The club probably prefers card payment .
Can the club say they have never had a problem with credit card transactions?
I buy my ticket online but understand the reason why people with a lower income want the option to pay by cash.
After 55 years of following Barrow I will no longer attend matches not because I cannot buy online but because you do not care for the less well off.
I was one of the 200 odd people when the other 6800 evaporated in our non league days.
Mr Hornby you are a account and it tells
Popular side since '03.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
given the amount of rubbish he often posts I bet a fair few hope he doesn't come back at all.Matty wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:09 amYou'll be back in December. See you then.Pedro wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:44 am
I do not think the board understand or are not interested in cash payment .
I listened to Mr Hornby and he said people think we are amateurs then went on to say how they managed to get a physio with Premier league connections
etc.
Well Barrow are now in PLC territory a d you have done a good job except you are learning.on the job.
David Dunn
Michael Jolly a disgraceful appointment with his past history.
Now this dumping the less well off.
The club probably prefers card payment .
Can the club say they have never had a problem with credit card transactions?
I buy my ticket online but understand the reason why people with a lower income want the option to pay by cash.
After 55 years of following Barrow I will no longer attend matches not because I cannot buy online but because you do not care for the less well off.
I was one of the 200 odd people when the other 6800 evaporated in our non league days.
Mr Hornby you are a account and it tells
Lancashire;- born and bred
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
Does that mean Pedro has cashed up and placed himself on the transfer market? Shame as I always looked forward to his account as he was a real card and we will be forever in his debt!
Think a cash option on match days would benefit everyone though!
Think a cash option on match days would benefit everyone though!
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
Yes we have to move with the times & adapt to the many changes the EFL place on the club, & cashless is definitely on the way but surely the club can appreciate that we still have an ageing fan base that prefers cash for their own reasons & surely we can not just abandon this loyal, low in number & shrinking demographic.
Why can’t it be Phased it in? Give the C cardless types time to adapt while still being able to attend, Set a deadline for the start of next season then everyone wins & if some flatly refuse to adapt it’s their loss.
You will start seeing signs in shops & businesses saying lack of change/coins is a big problem atm please use your plastic as they ramp up the pressure to go cashless, If your not seeing them already.
Why can’t it be Phased it in? Give the C cardless types time to adapt while still being able to attend, Set a deadline for the start of next season then everyone wins & if some flatly refuse to adapt it’s their loss.
You will start seeing signs in shops & businesses saying lack of change/coins is a big problem atm please use your plastic as they ramp up the pressure to go cashless, If your not seeing them already.
-
liverpoolann
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: We Need 1 Cash Gate
A bit over dramatic .We are a business and I for one am glad he is an accountant and a good one too by all accounts.Making a profit eventually is not a dirty word.I think the numbers of elderly fans with difficulties affected by this change are no where near as numerous as painted. I have spoken to numerous pensioners who all very content to use cards and others tell me their relatives assist with any tech knowledge required.A few I know are happy to come to reception to buy tkt in week with cash as they say they are retired usually live not far from ground and say it gives them a bit of exercise to walk to office and in some cases something to do!We have had a compromise solution now let’s put this to rest.Staying away will not change anything but if you want to be a martyr go ahead.You will be the loser in long run which is sad but your choice.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, db1967 and 41 guests