Not In My Town Not In My Club.

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Desmond2-2
Silver Member
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Desmond2-2 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 pm

Outcast wrote: ↑Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:15 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:43 pm

So does that mean that non-woke is racist?
That's not how the English language works...
But given that most dictionaries define 'woke' as an awareness of social problems, including racism, anyone who prided themselves on being 'non-woke' would raise my suspicions.
No it originated in America,and was primarily racial discrimination. Just go away, a new member, obviously not for football reasons, but to create issues. We are not a racist club, one foolish keeper won’t charge that.

Outcast
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:43 am
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Outcast » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Am I creating issues, Desmond2-2? Sorry, I thought I was discussing an issue that had allegedly been created already. If I go away, will you too? I think quite a few people on this board would welcome your departure.
I joined this site in 2014, by the way, and am as entitled as you to use it.

Leo
Silver Member
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Leo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 pm

Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 pm
Outcast wrote: ↑Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:15 pm

That's not how the English language works...
But given that most dictionaries define 'woke' as an awareness of social problems, including racism, anyone who prided themselves on being 'non-woke' would raise my suspicions.
No it originated in America,and was primarily racial discrimination. Just go away, a new member, obviously not for football reasons, but to create issues. We are not a racist club, one foolish keeper won’t charge that.
Mods, please ban this utter 🤡🤡🤡
Barrow-in-Furness - The 19th happiest place in Britain

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Methuselah » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:46 am

I,ve tried to explain what has probably happened regarding the Barrow chant which has existed since at least the 1960s.
For what it is worth the Colchester goalkeeper probably misheard this chant and we now find ourselves in the situation we are now in as a club.
I think Barrow AFC are a million miles away from being a racist club,so let,s the investigation take place and put this post to bed.

Jon D
Bronze Member
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Jon D » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:37 am

Methuselah wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:46 am I,ve tried to explain what has probably happened regarding the Barrow chant which has existed since at least the 1960s.
For what it is worth the Colchester goalkeeper probably misheard this chant and we now find ourselves in the situation we are now in as a club.
I think Barrow AFC are a million miles away from being a racist club,so let,s the investigation take place and put this post to bed.
+1

User avatar
Bigfathoss
Platinum Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Bigfathoss » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Methuselah wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:46 am I,ve tried to explain what has probably happened regarding the Barrow chant which has existed since at least the 1960s.
For what it is worth the Colchester goalkeeper probably misheard this chant and we now find ourselves in the situation we are now in as a club.
I think Barrow AFC are a million miles away from being a racist club,so let,s the investigation take place and put this post to bed.
I don't know what happened. I stand on the Popular Side.
I have a question. Does the Zigger-Zagger shout/chant ever get used? I haven't heard it for many, many years. I can believe that it could feasibly be misheard, but it is only a valid explanation if it actually gets shouted.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

Cubbins Paratrooper
Silver Member
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: NW London
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:21 pm

Hear it at most of the games that I attend, mainly away, admittedly. Also heard it on the telly a few weeks back. Alive and kicking albeit in a slightly different format to the one originally bashed out in the sixties. Like the rest of us, it has changed a bit over the years.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3424
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by bluessupporter » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:00 pm

I too have heard it at HS this season.

In view of the possible ramifications of it being misheard, which could be very serious for the club, perhaps it is time the chant was retired. :|

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Wintergreen » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:00 pm I too have heard it at HS this season.

In view of the possible ramifications of it being misheard, which could be very serious for the club, perhaps it is time the chant was retired. :|
Well it is historically the former nickname of the team and currently the name of the club's official matchday programme I think. Double jeopardy for the Thought Police.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:09 pm

Zigger Zagger still gets used all the time, especially away games

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Moribund » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:30 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:00 pm I too have heard it at HS this season.

In view of the possible ramifications of it being misheard, which could be very serious for the club, perhaps it is time the chant was retired. :|
Absolutely no chance of it being misheard.

LewisBAFC1901
Senior Member
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by LewisBAFC1901 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:11 am

Time to close this thread, no evidence of anything. People wanting to believe things to suit their agenda.
End of.

beachy01
Senior Member
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 am
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by beachy01 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:16 am

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:00 pm I too have heard it at HS this season.

In view of the possible ramifications of it being misheard, which could be very serious for the club, perhaps it is time the chant was retired. :|
Cancel culture at its finest, maybe u should retire from coming if you dont want to hear it

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3424
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by bluessupporter » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:47 am

beachy01 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:16 am

Cancel culture at its finest, maybe u should retire from coming if you dont want to hear it
Absolutely one of the best chants I've ever heard at HS and I wouldn't want to see it retired. My earlier remark was purely made for those who mishear it, or more importantly CHOOSE to mishear it, which I feel is sometimes the case. ;)

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Not In My Town Not In My Club.

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm

I agree. What is it that this damn goalkeeper, apparently, heard?
Shiver Me Timbers

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: McMark and 16 guests